2018-19 11-6A Thread

LoboFan07

7 hours ago, AKA said:

I wonder what American high school has the most players in the NFL right now? 

It'd be interesting to find out. 

I think its St. Thomas Aquinas out of Florida.

for Texas, JT and LV may be leading that category, if not in top 5. 

This site is not all the way correct but its close. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/high_schools.cgi

• Like 1

So, do we have five right now?

Chris Ivory (RB, Buffalo)
Zaycoven Henderson (DT, Cleveland)
Travin Howard (LB, Los Angeles)
Pete Robertson (LB, Washington)
Trent Williams (OL, Washington)

Working on a little something for social media tomorrow and I want to make sure my info is correct.

I've found that Lobo Nation can be unforgiving when you leave someone out or post something inaccurate.  :D 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AKA said:

Working on a little something for social media tomorrow and I want to make sure my info is correct.

I've found that Lobo Nation can be unforgiving when you leave someone out or post something inaccurate.  :D 

15 hours ago, AKA said:

Kinda. Just because you get drafted, doesn't mean you make the team. I would only count those on actual 53 man roster and those on practice squad.  However, those guys will probably make the teams anyway. 

Insider: Lobos begin second week of spring practice

Here's a few notes from Monday:

• Also in full pads for the first time this spring was QB Haynes King. This allowed the junior quarterback to showcase his ability to run the football, which he did throughout Monday's practice. King competed in the regional track meet on Saturday in Waco and then on Sunday, along with Lister and WR Kamden Perry, made the trip to Euless Trinity for The Opening Dallas Regional. King turned in a SPARQ score of 96.03 on Sunday, including a 4.68 laser-timed 40 and an impressive 4.08 time in the agility drill, both of which were on display on Monday.
  • Speaking of Perry, it was again catch after catch for the senior receiver in what has been a very strong spring so far. He's not dropping anything and King delivered some nice balls in tight coverage.
  • Taylor was a welcome site at cornerback, which remains an area of concern this spring. There's several in the mix on the opposite side of the field from Taylor and the next two weeks will be crucial.
  • The Lobos rotated in a ton at defensive line, using several different lineups with 7-8 players in the mix. Jaylon Allen turned in a strong day.
  • At linebacker, King noted the play of both Tyshawn Taylor and returning starter Ja'Vontae Writt, saying both were improving every day.
  • Back to offense, the Lobos worked a number of formations with Jessie Anderson and Keilyn Williams. Sophomore Kaden Meredith saw second-team reps. Junior JD Williams, who has spent time with the 2s at quarterback, also saw time at running back. Deep. 
  • Up front, Marcus Harry is still out with an injury, giving time to senior Brady Miller at tackle. Daquavion Randall has been steady throughout at tight end, as has junior Jhailon Braden.
  • P/K/QB JK Martin had some booming punts today as well.

My way-too-early and way-too-enthusiastic reactions: 

• 4.68/40 and 96.03 SPARQ score. For those of you wondering what that means = he good
  • Perry is money. Money! Get the ball anywhere near his window and he'll pull it in. No reason why he shouldn't have numerous D-1 offers. 
  • We already look better in Secondary than we did last Spring. 
  • D-line depth is a godsend. They've got great interior push and perimeter penetration. 
  • Still nervous about LB depth, but I'm liking what I'm seeing from the 1s. 
  • Said this several times last couple seasons, but our backup RBs would start at just about any school in 9-0-3.
  • Braden has impressed me. I think Randall is still TE1 but Braden will get quality snaps.
  • Martin seems a very solid kid, unflappable. Not temperamental or eccentric. A strong overall athlete, though not as polished a kicker. I mean that as a compliment. The younger kicker is impressive too. I think he was JV or Frosh last year?

2 hours ago, AKA said:

Martin seems a very solid kid, unflappable. Not temperamental or eccentric. A strong overall athlete, though not as polished a kicker. I mean that as a compliment. The younger kicker is impressive too. I think he was JV or Frosh last year?

I just hope that we don't have to even think about going to any kicking situations late in a game this season.

I can't take a fifth straight year of our season ending at the hands of a missed field goal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

I just hope that we don't have to even think about going to any kicking situations late in a game this season.

I can't take a fifth straight year of our season ending at the hands of a missed field goal.

This.

I would rather take my chances with consecutive runs up the middle, than to leave it up to a kicker. 

On 5/1/2018 at 12:52 PM, LoboFan07 said:

Any word from any REL fans on how their first day of spring went?

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/sports/tyler-lee-opens-spring-football-looking-for-a-new-qb/1152481544

07 Lee has to find a new QB. They have a kid Poster  that is back as a senior but didn’t play much last year because Amie was the star. I personally like the JV QB from last year because he played all year and if their battle is close I go with the Jr  that gives you a 2 year starter which IMO is huge  or you always end up with one and done

Lee has 4 returning linemen to go with returning RB Wickare and Both wide receivers are back  

I suspect the running game will be a early season staple until a QB can adjust to Friday nights

Defense will have several holes to fill as usual, there is talk of some pretty good talent on that side coming up but young  

This will be a solid season but with  no experience st QB and a young defense I suspect some challenges in this district  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFootballFan said:

Lobos

So, ol' TFF, what'd you think of the Green & White game? How's that secondary coming along?

I coulda swore I saw you in the stands. Curious how you feel about the Lobos heading into the summer.

13 hours ago, GOLEE said:

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/sports/tyler-lee-opens-spring-football-looking-for-a-new-qb/1152481544

07 Lee has to find a new QB. They have a kid Poster  that is back as a senior but didn’t play much last year because Amie was the star. I personally like the JV QB from last year because he played all year and if their battle is close I go with the Jr  that gives you a 2 year starter which IMO is huge  or you always end up with one and done

Lee has 4 returning linemen to go with returning RB Wickare and Both wide receivers are back  

I suspect the running game will be a early season staple until a QB can adjust to Friday nights

Defense will have several holes to fill as usual, there is talk of some pretty good talent on that side coming up but young  

This will be a solid season but with  no experience st QB and a young defense I suspect some challenges in this district  

Thanks for the update!

Definitely will be interesting to see how Lee does. I don't think they're one of the top 3 teams in the district, obviously, but I definitely see them competing for the 4th and final spot. Heath loses a lot and should be down, and then Mesquite/North well...the potential is there for Lee to grab that last spot.

7 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

Lobos ! Spring game is a spring game! Glorified practice ... potential is there... Go Lobos!.... oh, just add a nice new video board!.... 

We're working on it, hoss: 

L78KOiD.jpg

5 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

About time!😜

Hayden did a little write-up here. Dude is a total pro. If the LNJ ever loses him they are screwed. 

If you need a visual aid on what it's gonna kinda-sorta look like, it's gonna be along similar lines of Seguin ISD and New Caney ISD: 

NiP6T7f.jpg QpOJlEy.jpg

7 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Thanks for the update!

Definitely will be interesting to see how Lee does. I don't think they're one of the top 3 teams in the district, obviously, but I definitely see them competing for the 4th and final spot. Heath loses a lot and should be down, and then Mesquite/North well...the potential is there for Lee to grab that last spot.

Yea. It’s a mystery team this year. Running game will be incredible but QB and defense is unknown 

You guys looked good in spring ball. King has so many options now with little King at the helm  

When the defense comes around and gets its pieces and depth established, LV will be stout. 

2 hours ago, AKA said:

Hayden did a little write-up here. Dude is a total pro. If the LNJ ever loses him they are screwed. 

If you need a visual aid on what it's gonna kinda-sorta look like, it's gonna be along similar lines of Seguin ISD and New Caney ISD: 

NiP6T7f.jpg QpOJlEy.jpg

Scoreboard will be awesome! Thanks man!