2018-19 11-6A Thread

LoboFan07

2 hours ago, AKA said:

Took my two youngest boys to their regular well-child checkup this week. 

Based on his growth trend percentile my 3rd grader looks to top out between 6'1-6'3 and (thanks to his momma's cooking) will easily be around 220lbs by his senior year. Based on his ornery temperament I think he'll make a good linebacker. 

My youngest though...  for the last three years straight he's been in the 99th percentile in height, and is the fastest kindergartner at McQueen Elementary. I'm grooming him to be a H-back/tight end. But I ask him what position he wants to play and he says, "Dinosaur." That boy ain't right. 

Both of my boys are convinced that they will be ninjas when they grow up...

• LOL! 1

23 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Both of my boys are convinced that they will be ninjas when they grow up...

Don't be so quick to squash their dreams. Trump's policy towards Asia might open up a wealth of opportunities for ninjas. :D 

2 hours ago, AKA said:

Don't be so quick to squash their dreams. Trump's policy towards Asia might open up a wealth of opportunities for ninjas. :D 

We are one bad election away from squashing their dreams

• LOL! 2

On 5/16/2018 at 3:39 PM, GOLEE said:

Yea. It’s a mystery team this year. Running game will be incredible but QB and defense is unknown 

You guys looked good in spring ball. King has so many options now with little King at the helm  

When the defense comes around and gets its pieces and depth established, LV will be stout. 

I Like Tyler Lees QB transfer from malakoff 6”5 205lbs 

Hope some other Lobo posters/fans can make it down to Lufkin next Friday for the 7v7 (and if not then, at least to Tyler in two weeks). I know 84 and I are excited to finally see a little competitive football even if it's just 7 on 7!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R E LEE said:

Two small corrections.  It's Poster, not Ponder, and he will be a Junior.  There are three incoming Juniors competing for the QB job at Lee.

Carry on.

You are correct. I guess It depends on spring game or incoming. But a lot good competition going on there. 

Poster should be a favorite but you never know.

7 on 7 won’t determine a starter but reveal some continuity, foot work and arm strength. 

On 5/28/2018 at 9:50 AM, FootballKrazy10 said:

I Like Tyler Lees QB transfer from malakoff 6”5 205lbs 

Don’t know much about him. Isn’t his dad on the staff??? 

I saw some footage on him. He throws a pretty ball. 

If he can’t start he could play outside for the jump balls 

good looking kid. 

17 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Hope some other Lobo posters/fans can make it down to Lufkin next Friday for the 7v7 (and if not then, at least to Tyler in two weeks). I know 84 and I are excited to finally see a little competitive football even if it's just 7 on 7!

Can't make it, got family commitments, but I'll need full statistical breakdown and analysis. Uh, for science.  😜

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AKA said:

At least we're not talking stadium renovations...     yet.  😆

Man, don't get me started. I think we should have at least had plans 5 years ago to add 2500 seats to each side. I think you can dig out a good portion of the hills on BOTH sides on the south end zone and maintain the integrity of stadium. That means keep the "LOBOS" bushes for those who will get butthurt about it. 

Before Patrick Collins (Yes. I used his whole name) introduced the idea of renovating the entire home side with pre-schooler foldbacks, we had like a 10,000 capacity stadium. It was a good idea but, everyone isn't exactly 5'0" 150lbs. Last time I checked our fanbase, we got some hosses and HOUSES depending on which way you look at it. And, I do mean some buffet busters and that goes from small children to the elderly. You can add me to that list of buffet busters too if you guys feel like I am taking a shot at your grandmother or your beloved Mother-in-law.

I wonder how much it would cost hypothetically speaking if we had a built-in barbeque smokehouse at Lobo Stadium for football season and playoffs. Goodness Gracious. (Mention this to the Lobo Booster Club as an idea and get it done before Trinity Mother Frances/Earl Campbell/T.I.S.D./Whomever else they decide to add next Stadium steals the idea and claim they came up with it first.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Quick said:

Man, don't get me started. I think we should have at least had plans 5 years ago to add 2500 seats to each side. I think you can dig out a good portion of the hills on BOTH sides on the south end zone and maintain the integrity of stadium. That means keep the "LOBOS" bushes for those who will get butthurt about it. 

Before Patrick Collins (Yes. I used his whole name) introduced the idea of renovating the entire home side with pre-schooler foldbacks, we had like a 10,000 capacity stadium. It was a good idea but, everyone isn't exactly 5'0" 150lbs. Last time I checked our fanbase, we got some hosses and HOUSES depending on which way you look at it. And, I do mean some buffet busters and that goes from small children to the elderly. You can add me to that list of buffet busters too if you guys feel like I am taking a shot at your grandmother or your beloved Mother-in-law.

I wonder how much it would cost hypothetically speaking if we had a built-in barbeque smokehouse at Lobo Stadium for football season and playoffs. Goodness Gracious. (Mention this to the Lobo Booster Club as an idea and get it done before Trinity Mother Frances/Earl Campbell/T.I.S.D./Whomever else they decide to add next Stadium steals the idea and claim they came up with it first.

I'm a relative newcomer to Lobo Nation, but can someone help me out with the reserved seating situation? Far too many times I looked up into the stands to see the middle section sparsely populated, meanwhile the away side is packed.

Look, I'm not saying take away tickets from senior citizens who've had season tickets for 50 years, but dadgum, isn't there a way to fill those seats? Like, if a reserved ticket holder no shows by kickoff, their seat reverts into general admission or something? 

Not trying to start drama, I just want a packed house. Lobo Stadium's home side should be overflowing on Friday nights. It shouldn't look like a polo match or B-team tennis. 

And for the record, consider me on board with the built-in bbq plan.  👍

• Like 1