2018-19 11-6A Thread

LoboFan07

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

I'm a relative newcomer to Lobo Nation, but can someone help me out with the reserved seating situation? Far too many times I looked up into the stands to see the middle section sparsely populated, meanwhile the away side is packed.

Look, I'm not saying take away tickets from senior citizens who've had season tickets for 50 years, but dadgum, isn't there a way to fill those seats? Like, if a reserved ticket holder no shows by kickoff, their seat reverts into general admission or something? 

Not trying to start drama, I just want a packed house. Lobo Stadium should be rocking on Friday nights. It shouldn't look like a polo match or B-team tennis. 

And for the record, consider me on board with the built-in bbq plan.  👍

The reason you see the GA section more packed than portions of the home side is simply due to extended leg room on the away side.

As Quick said, there was a time when the home side had bleachers for 4 sections...and only the middle sections had the chairbacks for reserved seating. Was a much better setup. 07 would be the last season that we saw that setup...

As Pat Collins decided that the entire home side needed to be reserved chairbacks.

It had its pros but the cons far outweigh them.

Pros:

Makes the stadium look amazing

More revenue 

More reserved seating options

...but that's about it.

Cons:

Reduced stadium capacity 

Reduced leg room on homeside

People buy seats but sometime don't show or are running a bit late...making it look sparse at times on the home side

The chairbacks IMO made the home side 'soft'. That side of the stadium use to really rock prior to 2008...now the season ticket holders make it seem like a social event and don't even seem interested in the game unless a TD is scored. Just no life on that side of the field, all of the rowdy Lobo fans are in GA on the away side.

Crazy stuff.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TheFootballFan said:

Lobos.... I’m hearing things 😊

If this is about those 7-foot 350lb twin freshmen transfers who run 4.4/40s...   I can neither confirm or deny. 

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, AKA said:

Just a mere 2,184 hours until football season...  c'mon August! 

13 weeks! 91 days!

Really excited about next week, though not happy about the 3:30 PM start time.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

11 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

You guys clearly don’t coach or work for a school... let me enjoy my 2 months of R&R!

Easy for me to say...  football season for a PR flack means chilling out in the pressbox or gossiping with @RandyJohnson on the sidelines.

Football season for you means actually working for a living.  :D 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AKA said:

Easy for me to say...  football season for a PR flack means chilling out in the pressbox or gossiping with @RandyJohnson on the sidelines.

Football season for you means actually working for a living.  :D 

Yep.  Honestly, I hate football season.  I never see my kids and you just know when your school isn’t good enough for a state championship... so it’s kind of one of those things where when you know you aren’t good enough to win it all but you did all of this work... sometimes it feels like a waste considering the sacrifice of the players and coaches

• LOL! 1
  • Sad 1

Both Longview and Tyler Lee will be at the Lufkin SQT in 2 days.

Lobos will face Humble Atascocita, Beaumont West Brook and New Caney Porter.

Red Raiders will face Marshall, Huntsville and Richmond George Ranch.

Only chance for Longview to face Tyler Lee would be in the Semi-Finals with a qualifying spot on the line.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Both Longview and Tyler Lee will be at the Lufkin SQT in 2 days.

Lobos will face Humble Atascocita, Beaumont West Brook and New Caney Porter.

Red Raiders will face Marshall, Huntsville and Richmond George Ranch.

Only chance for Longview to face Tyler Lee would be in the Semi-Finals with a qualifying spot on the line.

So so ready!!! I will get all of my stuff together tonight, so I will be ready to go!!! 

GO LOBOS!!!

🐺🐺🐺

4 hours ago, TheFootballFan said:

As i said....!yawn.... glorified practice .... yawn😊

You'd rather them sit on there tails and do nothing the entire summer?

What exactly are you wanting? No preparation, just go out and play?

58 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Normally I don't agree with him but it ain't real football. However, it can help with reps and working out. 

Of course it ain't real football.

But your passing game is trash without it.

Any time your QB and skill guys are throwing and running routes it’s a good thing. 

When your competing against other schools, it keeps the competitive edge going. 

It also keeps kids in shape and gets them used to the heat their going to face in August. 

7 on 7 is a positive thing for kids Any way you look at it. 

• Like 1

There seems to be a direct correlation between schools that participate and do well in 7 on 7 and winning in December. 

Can’t deny the statistics on that.  

Matt Stepp and others have mentioned this multiple times.