UPDATE: Pewitt hires Sulphur Springs DC Triston Abron as new AD

AttaKid0596

11 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I don’t know why more smaller programs don’t feature the slot T or Wishbone or flex bone etc... it’s a simple pound the ball scheme that works great when executed and you don’t have to have blazing speed.  It’s 4 yards a carry, you big play is your key sweep and your game breaker is the 4-5 play action passes a game.  This is using your offense as your defense and if you happen to get 3-4 stops a game, it should be enough to win since you can probably limit a team to less than 7 possessions.

Seems we tried that once and folks wanted a change. 

Like NB said, all water under the bridge. Excited to see us get a quality Coach. I want to commend the Pewitt Sup and board members. From everything I hear from coaches in the area, we did well.

15 hours ago, BabyGotDak said:

Whole district should be a dogfight. I'd say Waskom takes it but in my opinion there's six teams that can be competitive. How do you think it will all play out?

I’ll predict 

waskom

daingerifield

Elysian fields

pewitt

diana

ore City 

dekalb 

Queen City 

how do you guys see it playing out?

Waskom

Daingerfield

New Diana (???)

Elysian Fields

Pewitt

DeKalb

Ore City

Queen City

ND has a great new head coach but really who knows. Pewitt and DeKalb can both fight for fourth I think. 2-6 can be in just about any order.

15 hours ago, BabyGotDak said:

Waskom

Daingerfield

New Diana (???)

Elysian Fields

Pewitt

DeKalb

Ore City

Queen City

ND has a great new head coach but really who knows. Pewitt and DeKalb can both fight for fourth I think. 2-6 can be in just about any order.

How do you know if someone is great if they have never done the job before?

On 5/30/2018 at 11:00 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

He ran a 3-4 defense in SS. I’ve heard we are going back to Slot T on offense. We’ve got some big athletic linemen and LaJathan Allen is as good of a RB we’ve had in years. Looking forward to it. 

Oh man, I am fired up. We don't have a lot of numbers, but we got some big cats up front that will get after it and some great backs to tote the pill. Looking forward to playing keep away and punishing folks. Not to mention we get a big time DC who can get our boys lined up right and playing hard. 

Good Luck Coach Abron, take us back to the promise land, and hopefully we act like the program I played for.

4 minutes ago, Stinger94 said:

They weren’t in slot T at 7on7, granted they haven’t had time to put the offense in 

Lol!!!    When Pewitt was running slot t they wouldn’t be in it during 7 on 7.    Pewitt kids that will be seniors have run the slot t if my math is right.    

Got a chance to watch a little 7 on 7 Monday. Now, as an old line coach in the slot-t, I wasn't much on 7 on 7. That being said the boys looked damn good. Got a chance to visit with Coach Abron, Coach Kumrow, and Coach Dorsey for a bit. They were as excited as the boys. I am feeling good about the Brahmas this season.