SDC 2018 Official Draft Thread

Leighton Vander Esch was my mock draft pick for Dallas because I think that’s what they will do. I’d much rather have Landry from Boston College or getting one of those guards to upgrade the line/ insurance for when Tyron gets hurt:

14 minutes ago, 1jacket said:

Will it be Calvin Ridley, Roquan Smith or Somebody totally different lol.

Don’t get me started on the wide out in the 1st pick.....okay, I’m on my soapbox. Lol If Dallas wants a impact day 1 wr in the first round then they shoulda kept Dez. Draft a LB, DE, S, LG, RT heck even a QB before taking a WR in round 1. End of soapbox.

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Don’t get me started on the wide out in the 1st pick.....okay, I’m on my soapbox. Lol If Dallas wants a impact day 1 wr in the first round then they shoulda kept Dez. Draft a LB, DE, S, LG, RT heck even a QB before taking a WR in round 1. End of soapbox.

I would take a LB, then trade up to where you need to get DJ Chark out of LSU in the 2nd

• Like 1

Getting close to Draft time...

In your opinion, in the 1st round will the Cowboys: 

- stay put at pick #19

- trade up 

- trade down 

- trade out of the first round 

- package pick #19 and other picks in a trade with Seattle for Earl Thomas 

Trade down and use that extra pick(s) to either trade for Earl Thomas or put them in position to move up in the 2nd from 50. QBs are gonna talent down the board. Somebody is gonna go crazy and draft somebody who has no business being a 1st rounder. 

Earl Thomas is a good player, but he isn't worth a 2nd round pick or trading down for ... how many years does he have left?  He's no spring chicken.  I know he is an ex Longhorn and I'd like to have him, but don't mortgage the farm for him.  Either stand pat and take the best player available or trade up .... trading down is a recipe for mediocracy .... 

How many promising young 1st round QBs has Cleveland burned through over the past 30 years?  Getting drafted by them is like a life sentence to Alcatraz ..... Cleveland should be banned from selecting a 1st or 2nd round QB for at least the next decade ....