SDC 2018 Official Draft Thread

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

If Mayfield doesn’t hit and one of the other QBs does? John Dorsey and Jimmy Haslam are done.

If Hue Jackson can't generate offense with this talent, he needs to go too: 

QBs: Tyrod Taylor/Baker Mayfield
RBs: Nick Chubb/Duke Johnson/Carlos Hyde
WRs: Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Corey Coleman
TE: David Njoku
OL: Corbett, Bitonio, Tretter, Zeitler, Coleman

Yeah, that o-line isn't gonna run roughshod over anybody, but it ain't terrible. Backfield is decent and Gordon/Landry are legit. Sure, the defense ####, but hell, Baker's used to that. 

I ain't ready to drink any orange kool-aid or anything but, the more I go over this roster, the more I think they might surprise some folks this year. 

1 minute ago, AKA said:

If Hue Jackson can't generate offense with this talent, he needs to go too: 

QBs: Tyrod Taylor/Baker Mayfield
RBs: Nick Chubb/Duke Johnson/Carlos Hyde
WRs: Josh Gordon, Jarvis Landry, Corey Coleman
TE: David Njoku
OL: Corbett, Bitonio, Tretter, Zeitler, Coleman

Yeah, that o-line isn't gonna run roughshod over anybody, but it ain't terrible. Backfield is decent and Gordon/Landry are legit. Sure, the defense ####, but hell, Baker's used to that. 

I ain't ready to drink any orange kool-aid or anything but, the more I go over this roster, the more I think they might surprise some folks this year. 

Sashi Brown is a genius. Most original thinkers, real revolutionaries are met with derision. That’s a playoff caliber team he built.

4 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Hadn't been following today is there any suprises of not getting picked yet? I assume Jefferson from Texas got drafted? Saw Dallas two picks and that Texas lineman is a great pick. I don't know much about the receiver.

The craziest thing has been the rumors about Derrius Guice coming out. Getting in a fight at a team visit. Getting caught in lies. Being called lazy for wanting to play video games over working out. 

8 hours ago, 1jacket said:

Any good TE's left ?.

Ian Thomas Indiana 2nd/3rd talent

Durham Smythe Notre Dame 3rd/4th rd talent

Chris Herndon Miami Fl 3rd/4th rd talent

Dalton Schultz Stanford 4th rd talent

Will Dissily Washington 4th/5th rd talent

Tyler Conklin Central Michigan 5th rd talent

Jordan Thomas Miss State 6th rd talent

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Ian Thomas Indiana 2nd/3rd talent

Durham Smythe Notre Dame 3rd/4th rd talent

Chris Herndon Miami Fl 3rd/4th rd talent

Dalton Schultz Stanford 4th rd talent

Will Dissily Washington 4th/5th rd talent

Tyler Conklin Central Michigan 5th rd talent

Jordan Thomas Miss State 6th rd talent

I assume they'll grab guys who've had official visits, and that's what they've done so far. No trades, just going by their board.

Just off the top of my head I would say their main targets are Deshon Elliott, Nyheim Hines, and Micah Kiser. I can't remember if they brought in a tight end - maybe one. If they wish to go all in on the Rico Gathers/ Blake Jarwin combo, then they need a sound blocking tight end late. Ozawale can also play the F tight end, so they maybe grab another FB instead, like Flowers.

I think the tight end they brought in was Durham Smythe, so that may be the only tight end we see them drafting. 

I was high on Ragnow in the 2nd, and they still need a backup center to replace Joe Looney, who didn't play well last season. They may have looked at a guy like Quissenberry.