Livingston AD open

LCM

This could be  a place to build a name and reputation. Get this program back to competitiveness and not being a push over.  Very late in may to find Quality candidates and one that will be successful cuz basically have only august to install their systems. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

This could be  a place to build a name and reputation. Get this program back to competitiveness and not being a push over.  Very late in may to find Quality candidates and one that will be successful cuz basically have only august to install their systems. 

The BEST candidate for Livingston has already interviewed.

3 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Looking at dangerfield.. the best does not alway get the job. Sometimes Politics and who you know and what you know about who you know gets you the job. Not right but it happens. Just want due diligence and the best available man, leader, coach, and man molder gets the job. But i hope your right and if he is the  ¨Best¨ then may he be successful. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slickarick said:

I understand what you are saying Slick, and this is not a one year turnaround. They will be more competitive next year simply because the competition will be worse. They may finish 5-5 or 6-4 and make the playoffs just because of the schedule. This is a long-term rebuild because the last head coach destroyed what had been established.

Size and location, will always be what makes some shy away. Not cause they are scared just never knowing what to expect year in and out. I hope they find someone that can adapt quickly and build the kids up. A lot of good ppl in this area and they need someone who knows what to do and how to commit to it. How are things in the school house, and are they looking to fill a spot or really get the ball rolling?

On 5/11/2018 at 2:40 PM, justforfun18 said:

Size and location, will always be what makes some shy away. Not cause they are scared just never knowing what to expect year in and out. I hope they find someone that can adapt quickly and build the kids up. A lot of good ppl in this area and they need someone who knows what to do and how to commit to it. How are things in the school house, and are they looking to fill a spot or really get the ball rolling?

You never know, from what i have seen they are looking to fill a spot with someone that can the schools board can agree on. Getting the 7 members of this school board to agree on anything is next to impossible. They screwed up the hire last time and they may screw it up again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks like many that hired last time are no longer board members. This place is ready for a turn around. They have the numbers (by classification) to be competitive. I would recommend a house cleaning. Bring some high energy coaches with a positive attitude. Kids still do what is expected of them and this place is no different. You need a staff with all on board and no exceptions. It is late in the game which will hurt the applicant pool, but the right guy is out there. I don't think an ex lion is necessary for this place to win.

30 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Hearing the name Finis Vanover being mentioned.

Does he have any ties to the Livingston/Polk County area?

He was at diboll and was very successful, He was at angleton and tom ball memorial.

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Hearing the name Finis Vanover being mentioned.

Does he have any ties to the Livingston/Polk County area?

If I am not mistaken he is friends with a board member in Livingston...he has been pretty successful every where he has been  but not real sure if this is a good fit for the Lions...not sure he would be someone that would stay and fix things long term. Hope whoever gets it will stay and get things going, there are some good kids and good athletes here that will buy in to a program for the right leader.

18 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

If I am not mistaken he is friends with a board member in Livingston...he has been pretty successful every where he has been  but not real sure if this is a good fit for the Lions...not sure he would be someone that would stay and fix things long term. Hope whoever gets it will stay and get things going, there are some good kids and good athletes here that will buy in to a program for the right leader.

From what I understand the best candidate, one that a lot of locals wanted didn't even apply because of the politics being played by the Board AGAIN.

The split vote 4 years ago cost Livingston a good coach and they were stuck with Broussard (3rd Choice).

Not sure if a retire, rehire is the way to go either, but we will see.

Special school board meeting tonight at 6:30.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

From what I understand the best candidate, one that a lot of locals wanted didn't even apply because of the politics being played by the Board AGAIN.

The split vote 4 years ago cost Livingston a good coach and they were stuck with Broussard (3rd Choice).

Not sure if a retire, rehire is the way to go either, but we will see.

Special school board meeting tonight at 6:30.

On 5/11/2018 at 10:28 AM,  Slickarick said: 

This could be  a place to build a name and reputation. Get this program back to competitiveness and not being a push over.  Very late in may to find Quality candidates and one that will be successful cuz basically have only august to install their systems. 

So which one of your BEST candidates is the “best candidate?