Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LCM

Livingston AD open

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

i dont think vanover is a bad dude, in fact ive heard he's a pretty good guy and good coach, but im not sure this was the best direction for livingston to go

 

Definitely nothing against Coach Vanover, he has done a good job at the places he has been, but I'm with you...just don't think he is what Livingston needs right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

i dont think vanover is a bad dude, in fact ive heard he's a pretty good guy and good coach, but im not sure this was the best direction for livingston to go

Don't know him from Adam, and I'm sure not passing judgement on what kind of man he is. In fact I've heard from multiple sources that he a quality individual and a very good coach. That is not my argument at all. My statement simply refereed to the fact that this is a Political decision made by the same people that failed miserably to to get the hire right 4 years ago. Decisions made by the Livingston School Board are always POLITICAL. They don't make decisions that are best for the community or the kids, everything is an EGO trip for a few of them. They want to get their way. Not the right direction for the program.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Don't know him from Adam, and I'm sure not passing judgement on what kind of man he is. In fact I've heard from multiple sources that he a quality individual and a very good coach. That is not my argument at all. My statement simply refereed to the fact that this is a Political decision made by the same people that failed miserably to to get the hire right 4 years ago. Decisions made by the Livingston School Board are always POLITICAL. They don't make decisions that are best for the community or the kids, everything is an EGO trip for a few of them. They want to get their way. Not the right direction for the program.

Sour grapes because your man Arledge didn't get the Nod?!!  Maybe instead of bashing LiSD , you should go and run for school board!!!!  Just Saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jimmyjohnson said:

Sour grapes because your man Arledge didn't get the Nod?!!  Maybe instead of bashing LiSD , you should go and run for school board!!!!  Just Saying

Go back to getting your resume ready for Overton. You obviously know NOTHING about Livingston. And if you've been in this business for any length of time, then you should know that most school districts use language like "Preference will be give to current (insert school district here) employees." This is to encourage current employees to apply. In no way does this language mean that he job will go to someone on the staff.

  • Like 1
  • Stinks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jimmyjohnson said:

Sour grapes because your man Arledge didn't get the Nod?!!  Maybe instead of bashing LiSD , you should go and run for school board!!!!  Just Saying

I don't think he was "bashing LISD" at all, and neither was I as far as that goes. Sincerely hope that Coach Vanover will do what is necessary to fix the program and get it going the right direction. I think for the first time in a long time the Lions could make some noise and be competitive in their new district. If any community deserves a winning season it is Livingston!!! 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I don't think he was "bashing LISD" at all, and neither was I as far as that goes. Sincerely hope that Coach Vanover will do what is necessary to fix the program and get it going the right direction. I think for the first time in a long time the Lions could make some noise and be competitive in their new district. If any community deserves a winning season it is Livingston!!! 

 

 

I wan't bashing anybody and I agree with you 100%. Livingston does deserve to be successful and for the kids and communities sake i hope Coach Vanover nothing but the best. As with any turnaround, it will depend on how many coaches he can get to come this late, how many "athletes" he can recruit out of the halls and how quickly the kids pick up on his system. They could easily be 4-6 or 5-5 and in the playoffs year one.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great coach..see how he does with little time to implement his systems and to bring in any people he needs for OC and DC. Coches there already have contracts all he can do is reassign to other positions. So limited spots to deal with. Wish him the best of luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Vanover gave the Livingston Supt. his first job back in the day. That being said the Lions should know what they are getting. Good luck to Finis and the Lions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...