Baseball Playoff Thread

Sportsfanatic1

4A Regional Semifinals

W9 Argyle (32-0) vs. W14 Pleasant Grove (26-3)
Game 1: Thursday, May 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Rockwall High School

**Argyle/Pleasant Grove in a one gamer. Interesting to know the reasoning by both coaches why they agreed to it.

9 hours ago, Crawford said:

4A Regional Semifinals

W9 Argyle (32-0) vs. W14 Pleasant Grove (26-3)
Game 1: Thursday, May 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Rockwall High School

**Argyle/Pleasant Grove in a one gamer. Interesting to know the reasoning by both coaches why they agreed to it.

Argyle may be the one team that has more pitching depth than Kilgore. Play one game and throw everything you got at them and hope for some breaks. Sounds weird to say PG is the underdog. If Kilgore gets by Crandall, it wouldn't surprise me to see another one gamer if it's against Argyle.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alpha99 said:

Argyle may be the one team that has more pitching depth than Kilgore. Play one game and throw everything you got at them and hope for some breaks. Sounds weird to say PG is the underdog. If Kilgore gets by Crandall, it wouldn't surprise me to see another one gamer if it's against Argyle.

There's no may to it. It's a no doubter.

Another note, they decided to flip and of course PG won.

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, DTrump said:

IDK if I've ever seen a 4A team ranked this high.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=15239

I knew they were loaded... as always. But I didn’t know they were #2 in the nation loaded. The 1-gamer with PG has to make them at least a little bit nervous.... given their history. I’ll definitely be a Hawk fan this week, lol.

7 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

I knew they were loaded... as always. But I didn’t know they were #2 in the nation loaded. The 1-gamer with PG has to make them at least a little bit nervous.... given their history. I’ll definitely be a Hawk fan this week, lol.

Oh I agree about the one gamer. Anything can happen.

I know the UIL was talking about doing away with the 1-gamer so in most cases the best "team" wins not the best pitcher.

7 hours ago, Alpha99 said:

I’m wondering if it is indeed Kilgore/Argyle next round if Kilgore doesn’t push for a 1 gamer. As cool as it would be to see Argyle in person, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings to see PG pull off the upset.

Might not be a bad idea for Kilgore to try for a 1 gamer with smitherman on the hill

Well that was one of the more exciting high school baseball games I’ve ever been to in person. It was a shame someone had to lose that game. Both fan bases showed up and were loud and the atmosphere was awesome all night. Crandall is scrappy and just make things happen. Smitherman took a little bit to settle down but he was his usual self once he did. I don’t know what Crandall has left pitching wise, but I would expect game 2 would be just as good as this one. I think region 2 wins state this year, regardless of who it ends up being.

21 hours ago, DTrump said:

This was the most interesting part of the article, to me:

As Argyle looks to get back on track against Pleasant Grove, the Eagles point to a new team-first mantra as one of the key changes they’ve made since last season. The team prides itself on the motto of “The 24”, emphasizing each player’s focus on the other 24 members of the 25-man roster.

2 hours ago, threejs said:

This was the most interesting part of the article, to me:

As Argyle looks to get back on track against Pleasant Grove, the Eagles point to a new team-first mantra as one of the key changes they’ve made since last season. The team prides itself on the motto of “The 24”, emphasizing each player’s focus on the other 24 members of the 25-man roster.

That is carrying a lot of players. I think I seen where 10 were D1 commits and like 5 more were commits at other colleges.

I seen them last year and they literaly have 3 catchers dressed out at all times.

2 hours ago, PGDad said:

Let's go PG! These boys have done some amazing things in the past and I can't wait to hear what they do tonight. One and done 'em PG!

No doubt Fincher will have something up his sleeve. PG may be out talented this year, but they will not be out coached!