Baseball Playoff Thread

Sportsfanatic1

On 6/6/2018 at 3:06 PM, Crawford said:

Just when ya think Jasper was getting back in it, if not take the lead, ...oh boy. Two more innings to go, who knows.

Small consolation, but the Argyle coach said in an interview with a Denton paper that this game was one of its toughest all season, and that the run rule was not a true representation of the game.  For sure, Jasper had its chances earlier in the game.  And except for errors, never should have gotten so far behind at the start.  Ultimately, it all was just too much and Jasper finally collapsed.  Anyway, it was still Jasper's eighth trip to the state tournament so that is something in itself.  Noted that in the final game, Argyle did not give up a single run.  Great season Dogs!

• Like 2

Teams winning state from East Texas for the 2018 Baseball season:

Slocum Mustangs 1A baseball state champs!

Dallardsville Big Sandy Wildcats 2A baseball state champs!

Beckville Bearcats 3A baseball state champs!

***That's 3 out of 6, not bad. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Let’s see how good it stays after everyone graduates. 

They do graduate all but 2 but have some good talent coming up! They will be competitve. Sure hope Causey stays with the program! Great leader of young men! 

5 hours ago, Skeptic said:

Small consolation, but the Argyle coach said in an interview with a Denton paper that this game was one of its toughest all season, and that the run rule was not a true representation of the game.  For sure, Jasper had its chances earlier in the game.  And except for errors, never should have gotten so far behind at the start.  Ultimately, it all was just too much and Jasper finally collapsed.  Anyway, it was still Jasper's eighth trip to the state tournament so that is something in itself.  Noted that in the final game, Argyle did not give up a single run.  Great season Dogs!

Great post!

6 hours ago, Skeptic said:

This article....

Baseball: Argyle advances to 4A title game

7 hours ago, 1jacket said:

Really good Baseball Program they have over there in Beckville. 

Small schools are just blessed with a special class of athletes every once in while. 

Beckville capitalized when they had the opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really don' care if they do away with sports all together in 19. Because forever in time Beckville Bearcats are STATE CHAMPIONS 2018. I'm not a parent nor do I live in Beckville but blue runs in my blood. Today 12 young men and 3 coaches made my year. Thanks for 4 wonderful years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately I didn' make it on saturdays game due a schedule conflict.  I had it tune in on kgas and let me tell you I really didn' understand half of what he said, but he sure is high energy and loves beckvilles players.