πŸ˜Žβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Tinted eye shields?

Mr. P

• Mr. P changed the title to πŸ˜Žβ€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹ Tinted eye shields?

Cannot use tinted in UIL sanctioned sports including: shields, glasses, and/or goggles unless the head coach has given the UIL a written medical excuse that is deemed necessary per UIL rules committee.Β 

Had this one enforced on us because a kid had transition lenses for his eye glasses.Β 

Β 

Gotcha. Thanks y'all. I gotta nephew who "needs" a tinted shield for "medical" purposes. I told him he might get away with it in practice, but coach gonna put the kibosh come game time.Β Β Β :lol:Β 

• Like 1

from the ncaaΒ rule book, not sure if there is an uilΒ exception or not.

C. Eye shields. Eye shields must be clear, not tinted, and made from molded or rigid material. Eyeglasses and goggles also must be clear and not tinted. No medical exceptions are allowed

1 hour ago, DTrump said:

Different subject but I wish they would go back to the old T- bone face mask. #oldschool

I wish we would have had them back in the day. Β I hated getting my eye poked. Β I still say the coolest was Eric Dickerson with his Rec-Specs. Β It made him look like an alien beast that could outrun anyone. Β His height and track running style was amazing to watch. Β Heck, I remember Rec-Specs becoming popular in all sports back then because of him. Β 

55 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I wish we would have had them back in the day. Β I hated getting my eye poked. Β I still say the coolest was Eric Dickerson with his Rec-Specs. Β It made him look like an alien beast that could outrun anyone. Β His height and track running style was amazing to watch. Β Heck, I remember Rec-Specs becoming popular in all sports back then because of him. Β 

Hands down my favorite player of all timeΒ 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, txk85 said:

from the ncaaΒ rule book, not sure if there is an uilΒ exception or not.

C. Eye shields. Eye shields must be clear, not tinted, and made from molded or rigid material. Eyeglasses and goggles also must be clear and not tinted. No medical exceptions are allowed

Medical exceptions are allowed in UIL, but not NCAA. You're correct.Β 

13 hours ago, UnclePig said:

Hands down my favorite player of all timeΒ 

Everything about him screamed awesomeness. That innovative facemask. The neckroll. The goggles and mouthpiece. That absurd height for a RB. The long strides. Waistband towel trailing after him like so many shaken-off tacklers.

DickersonΒ never played for a team I rooted for but lordy I loved to watch that man run the ball.Β 

mLASE9M.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I forgot to include I don't see why a kid would need a tinted visor at night, unless they had the vintage hawk vision yellow tint to them. Β 

Same reason they wear wristbands and pads they don't really need = because it looks cool.Β  :DΒ 

On 5/2/2018 at 8:20 AM, AKA said:

Everything about him screamed awesomeness. That innovative facemask. The neckroll. The goggles and mouthpiece. That absurd height for a RB. The long strides. Waistband towel trailing after him like so many shaken-off tacklers.

DickersonΒ never played for a team I rooted for but lordy I loved to watch that man run the ball.Β 

mLASE9M.jpg

Dad gum he was a bad dude!Β Ran straight up kinda like Usain Bolt.

22 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I forgot to include I don't see why a kid would need a tinted visor at night, unless they had the vintage hawk vision yellow tint to them. Β 

I wore a tinted visor some back in the day.Β 

1 hour ago, DTrump said:

Dad gum he was a bad dude!Β Ran straight up kinda like Usain Bolt.

He ran track back at Sealy, and won State in the 200 with a 21.50 time. Β I thought he helped Sealy win the 400 relay in the same year, but it's not on a page that I looked up. Β It's not the U.I.L. page though. Β 

• Like 1