Nacogdoches New DC

nacdragon07

Gandy is a great hire. He is a good young coach, knows defense and been around the game is entire life. Brad should be a head coach soon. Maybe even come back to his Ram country one day. I believe the only playoff wins in school history came under a Gandy.

5 hours ago, larry said:

Gandy is a great hire. He is a good young coach, knows defense and been around the game is entire life. Brad should be a head coach soon. Maybe even come back to his Ram country one day. I believe the only playoff wins in school history came under a Gandy.

Most, but not all. Agree that it’s a great move, for Bradley and Nacogdoches High. 

14 hours ago, HESALIVE said:

He is at Home!  

Yep, his house is a short par 4 from the Field house. And, his son is the OC and "The Chosen One."

If Daingerfield's Defense was so bad last year then how did Gnady get this job. They had a very talented young defensive coach in Nac last year in Jacob Jefferies and a former SFA star and Dallas Cowboy at LB coach last year. Is Gandy really more qualified than these two?

21 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Yep, his house is a short par 4 from the Field house. And, his son is the OC and "The Chosen One."

If Daingerfield's Defense was so bad last year then how did Gnady get this job. They had a very talented young defensive coach in Nac last year in Jacob Jefferies and a former SFA star and Dallas Cowboy at LB coach last year. Is Gandy really more qualified than these two?

Don’t know either coach.  Don’t think nac blew it up on defense last year either from the box scores.  And, Just because you play college football and get drafted, doesn’t mean you can coach football and relay the message to young men.  Just sayin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Daingerfield's defense was pretty good by my memory. It was there offense that was bad unless they could just out "athlete" you.

14 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I thought Nelson who took over at Daingerfield was their DC?

I think it depends on who you ask.

I've heard Nelson was the DC in title, but Waldie stripped him of play calling duties and gave them to Gandy.

Either way, the Daingerfield people will tell you the Defense was TERRIBLE, regardless of who was calling it.

12 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I think it depends on who you ask.

I've heard Nelson was the DC in title, but Waldie stripped him of play calling duties and gave them to Gandy.

Either way, the Daingerfield people will tell you the Defense was TERRIBLE, regardless of who was calling it.

Stripped f play calling duties = being promoted to head coach. Makes perfect sense to me. Lol. But thanks for clarification