Is a 50/50 raffle legal at Texas High School sports?

A2J

I know some schools in Texas that do 50/50 raffles but I have always been told they are illegal here.  The Texas Attorney General website so cash prizes cannot be awarded for charitable raffles.  So are schools just doing it and hoping to not get caught?

I also found an article from last year that says Gov Abbott had a bill to potentially sign to allow this, but I can't find if it ever passed.

Anyone know anything?  Don't wanna leave money sitting on the table if we are allowed to get it.

I don't know about high schools, but I know the Stars/Rangers/Mavs/Cowboys all came together to push the 50/50 bill hard and it passed.

I feel like there could be a certain set of rules for high schools, but I'm completely unsure about that.

From THE STAR-TELEGRAM..........Such raffles already are allowed for 10 professional sports teams in Texas, including the Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Mavericks, through a measure passed in 2015 by the Legislature and approved by voters.

Now, lawmakers are trying to let more sporting events do the same thing.

House Bill 3125 has been passed by the House and Senate and should soon be on the way to the governor’s desk for consideration.

If Abbott signs the measure and Texas voters on Nov. 7 sign off on House Joint Resolution 100, charitable raffles could be held at more sporting events in Texas as soon as Dec. 1.

Cant find if it passed....guess it didnt

47 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

From THE STAR-TELEGRAM..........Such raffles already are allowed for 10 professional sports teams in Texas, including the Texas Rangers, Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Mavericks, through a measure passed in 2015 by the Legislature and approved by voters.

Now, lawmakers are trying to let more sporting events do the same thing.

House Bill 3125 has been passed by the House and Senate and should soon be on the way to the governor’s desk for consideration.

If Abbott signs the measure and Texas voters on Nov. 7 sign off on House Joint Resolution 100, charitable raffles could be held at more sporting events in Texas as soon as Dec. 1.

Cant find if it passed....guess it didnt

https://legiscan.com/TX/text/HB3125/id/1549331

Says it passed, but only for the sports leagues listed. (Edit: nevermind this was for the 3125 that you already said passed).

Double edit: Says died in chamber - https://legiscan.com/TX/bill/HJR100/2017