I think this is a step in the right direction. Offensive team names need to go the way of honest politicians and common sense. I propose that the Arizona and St. Louis Cardinals, as well as the San Diego Padres and New Orleans Saints change their names so as not to offend the hierarchy of the Catholic Church. The New York and San Francisco Giants might offend little people, so they’ve got to go. The Los Angeles Dodgers are offensive to true veterans, and the San Diego Chargers offend anyone who has ever struggled with credit card debt. The Houston Texans offend the citizens of the 49 states that aren’t Texas, simply because they wish they were Texas. Fire and police captains across the nation are offended by the Kansas City Chiefs, and Green Bay Packers and Cleveland Browns both just sound nasty. Welfare recipients are offended by the Detroit RedWings, because that invokes people who work for a living. This is just a start, but hopefully my suggestions will help ease the pain of a few people being offended. 

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I think this is a step in the right direction. Offensive team names need to go the way of honest politicians and common sense. I propose that the Arizona and St. Louis Cardinals, as well as the San Diego Padres and New Orleans Saints change their names so as not to offend the hierarchy of the Catholic Church. The New York and San Francisco Giants might offend little people, so they’ve got to go. The Los Angeles Dodgers are offensive to true veterans, and the San Diego Chargers offend anyone who has ever struggled with credit card debt. The Houston Texans offend the citizens of the 49 states that aren’t Texas, simply because they wish they were Texas. Fire and police captains across the nation are offended by the Kansas City Chiefs, and Green Bay Packers and Cleveland Browns both just sound nasty. Welfare recipients are offended by the Detroit RedWings, because that invokes people who work for a living. This is just a start, but hopefully my suggestions will help ease the pain of a few people being offended. 

The Dodgers were dodging street cars back in the day, the Chargers are offensive to horses.  Now, it's offensive to those that like to live on credit ?  I always thought the Cleveland Browns were either a pixie or a camera back in the day :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_(camera)  .  When I think of Red Wings I think of two things,  a redwing blackbird or what something I was told about many years ago, and it doesn't involve welfare.  

5 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

The Dodgers were dodging street cars back in the day, the Chargers are offensive to horses.  Now, it's offensive to those that like to live on credit ?  I always thought the Cleveland Browns were either a pixie or a camera back in the day :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_(camera)  .  When I think of Red Wings I think of two things,  a redwing blackbird or what something I was told about many years ago, and it doesn't involve welfare.  

See, Dave, you are part of the problem. The actual meaning behind these names is meaningless. The fact that certain groups of people can get their feelings hurt by them means they have to be changed. Take, for instance, the Texas Longhorns. How do you think that makes truck drivers who can only afford normal length horns feel? People who are constantly late are upset when they hear about the Oklahoma Sooners, particularly if they are a UT fan. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

See, Dave, you are part of the problem. The actual meaning behind these names is meaningless. The fact that certain groups of people can get their feelings hurt by them means they have to be changed. Take, for instance, the Texas Longhorns. How do you think that makes truck drivers who can only afford normal length horns feel? People who are constantly late are upset when they hear about the Oklahoma Sooners, particularly if they are a UT fan. 

Like I stated I think it's stupid, but it's getting out of hand.  The Indians aren't going to use Chief Wahoo next year.  He looks more like Jamie Farr than an Indian.  I don't even see how people think he's offensive.  

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

Like I stated I think it's stupid, but it's getting out of hand.  The Indians aren't going to use Chief Wahoo next year.  He looks more like Jamie Farr than an Indian.  I don't even see how people think he's offensive.  

Dave you’re not seeing the big picture. You’ve got to put yourself in the shoes of the perpetually offended. Team mascots aren’t offensive to Native Americans. Certain people live to be offended. Eventually, after they’ve succeeded in ridding the sports world of offensive mascots like the Indians, Redskins, Seminoles, Fighting Sioux, etc, they’re going to move to the other scourge. Yep, they’re coming for the Cowboys. Females, homosexuals, transgender, and assorted other non-males, as well as men who identify as women in the cattle industry, are seriously offended by the Dallas, Oklahoma State, and Wyoming Cowboys. While we’re at it, in the interest of not offending people over 50 years of age, the San Francisco 49ers have to go. We got rid of the Washington Bullets years ago because bullets are an instrument of war. In that spirit, I propose we do away with the Houston Rockets, New York Jets, Golden State Warriors, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles/ Oakland/ Las Vegas Raiders, the Army Black Knights, Navy Midshipmen, Ole Miss Rebels, USC Trojans, Michigan State Spartans, and any other mascot that might send a millennial scurrying for his/ her/ its safe space. While we’re at it, I’m offended by paying bills, so the city of Buffalo, New York will need to rename their NFL franchise. You should really stop being so close minded. 

• LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I don't have a problem with those who are offended, it is the idiots that changes the names because of the offended. Who are these people and how did they ever get in charge of anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Judging by your tone, I can’t help but wonder if you’re an alumni of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, home of the Ragin’ Cajuns. You sure do seem to have a lot of pent up anger, which is offensive to peacenicks like Screamer and Sideliner. Perhaps ULL could change their name to the Loving Cajuns and make some of them happy. Also, the Western Kentucky University Hilltoppers is offensive to anyone who has ever failed at climbing a mountain, so they need to find another mascot. I think I’ve asked this before, but I don’t remember getting an answer: is anyone offended by the Oregon State Beavers? 

• LOL! 2

20 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I don't have a problem with those who are offended, it is the idiots that changes the names because of the offended. Who are these people and how did they ever get in charge of anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

That's what I think let the minority that probably isn't even a fan of the team be offended.  I would doubt if any of them ever went to see the team play.  Why should they even let it bother them ?  Some people just need to move on and take a blind eye with some of these things.  I guess that's why I'm not offended by almost anything.  If I don't like something I don't pay attention to it.  

21 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

That's what I think let the minority that probably isn't even a fan of the team be offended.  I would doubt if any of them ever went to see the team play.  Why should they even let it bother them ?  Some people just need to move on and take a blind eye with some of these things.  I guess that's why I'm not offended by almost anything.  If I don't like something I don't pay attention to it.  

Again, Dave, you’re being close minded about this. I’ve been thinking, and I’ve decided that since the Texas Rangers are a world renowned law enforcement agency, DFW needs to rename their baseball team to avoid offending the BLM folks. Victims of severe weather could be offended by the Miami Hurricanes, the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, and the Iowa State Cyclones. Anyone who has ever lost their home in a flood on the Red River probably hates the Alabama Crimson Tide. The Tulane Green Wave likely offends anyone who has ever had their sewer back up, and the Phoenix Suns offend people with sensitive skin. We’ve got to change these to avoid offending people. 

• 1 month later...

https://pjmedia.com/trending/university-of-texas-to-treat-masculinity-as-a-mental-health-issue/

Perhaps this explains the failure of UT’s football program?

To paraphrase the song from The Graduate, Where have you gone Darrell Royal, a University turns its lonely eyes to you.

How many UT administrators are from California?  Fire Them All !   In all honesty, as a native Texan, and proud of our state, I find this very embarrassing.  Hey Texas politicians, do you want my vote?  Stop this kind of touchy-feely bovine feces now at our State funded Universities.  Students are suppose to be young men and women, not some kind of left wing cult perception that we should all be unisex.  Lord, give me strength.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

https://news.utexas.edu/2018/04/29/statement-on-masculinut

Maybe this will clarify it somewhat...

Had a friend Read this link.  Here’s his opinion.

Translation:  “We got our rear ends handed to us by angry alumni and boosters once the site came out so we had to walk some of the statements back”.

I ashamed that didn’t dawn on me.  I get a big Duh.  :headbang:

• LOL! 1

http://www.wnd.com/2018/04/dark-push-to-criminalize-criticism-of-islam/

Anyone think the EU is to smart to do this?  If so, you’re giving them way to much credit.

A quote by Gen. George Patton:  It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammed and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes of the arrested development of the Arab.  He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing.

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P changed the title to UT to Treat Masculinity as Mental Disease
  • Mr. P changed the title to ❄️ Social Justice Weirdos ruin everything