Alvarez out at Ennis, Takes HC/AD job at Copperas Cove...

Monte1076

10 hours ago, MattStepp said:

There's been 5 names I've heard associated with the Ennis job...4 have state titles as head coaches...and the other one has been really good as a HC

I'm hearing a few names thrown around, too...

11 hours ago, BackyardBob said:

Word I hear is Brandon Layne is getting the job

Curious where you heard that. My understanding is that they're not beginning the selection process (i.e. review & select applicants) until May 25, with interviews and such to follow.

4 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Any new info on what's going to happen in Ennis?

From what I'm hearing, and this could change, they're supposed to be reviewing the applicants tomorrow, with interviews thereafter. From what I understand, they are supposed to make a hire in early June.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dillonpanthers said:

Interviews starting soon?

To my understanding, they've been doing interviews. There's supposed to be some sort of announcement (I think it's for the hire) tomorrow at the school board meeting. Only those "in the know" know for sure who the candidates are -- and they aren't talking.

17 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Should know something soon it sounds like 

Yeah, I'm guessing the "announcement" will be sometime this evening or tomorrow. I don't know what time the school board meeting is, but I would guess we'll know something shortly after that.

54 minutes ago, BACKnBLACK said:

It was just posted on the ennisfootball website that they will meet at 6:30 this evening and  the site will have live updates if an announcement is made

You mean on the facebook page? I didn't think they had a football website anymore.

3 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

This copy of an article just came across my TL: 

Waiting for the official announcement...... Is Coach Harrell Back!! @Jordan_Mccray77 @zdove22 @2Jenkins52 @tgilkey57 @kkingjamess1 @Matt_Stepp817 @cmsmitty79 https://t.co/92iL9lHNC4

Nothing doing tonight. Apparently the school board, despite that newspaper article (or perhaps in spite of, who knows), has delayed an announcement of any sort until possibly Tuesday of next week.

That's a long time to relay. Saw the pic of the front page of the paper on Twitter. Also saw where someone said there is an opening at SAGU where Harrell currently is. 

Seems all but a done deal. Wonder if he can convince his son that just went to Waxahachie as OC to come..

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BACKnBLACK said:

Yes, U bet they do. Almost 7000 followers.                  ennisfootball.com

That's weird...because every time I go there I get an error. Doesn't matter what computer or device I'm on. I get "Error Code 22".

The Facebook page, however, seems to work.

Also, with Coach Harrell coming back to Ennis to coach the Lions, I wonder if we're going back to the Spread...and what the helmets will be. Will we have the "Rockin' E" in silver like the last few seasons? Will we go back to the script "Ennis" on the helmets? Will they ever use the white helmets?