Tatum HC moving to OC?

randomuser

Just now, westcoast54 said:

Wondering what is really going on here.  The job is posted on the THSCA website. I don't see a new head coach coming on board knowing the former HC is his OC.

We are not going to get the inside scoop from any of the Tatum faithful, but if you believe the Rumors, this hire has been in the works for MONTHS.

41 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Hmm interesting Tennessee orange like texashigh? Texas used to be bright orange didn't go hideous burnt until the Darryl royal days in the 50s.

Like Elysian Fields, Mineola type orange. A man that supports a team that sports the bland maroon color wants to take a shot at burnt orange? Smh.

22 minutes ago, WRraider2010 said:

My Grandmother taught at Tatum the years Tatum was orange. According to her it was for a few years, but older alumni asked that it be changed back to kelly green. 

I see, i had always heard it was for just one year. Interesting, would be nice to know exactly how many years it was orange.

25 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

We are not going to get the inside scoop from any of the Tatum faithful, but if you believe the Rumors, this hire has been in the works for MONTHS.

Lol, for months? Couldnt be farther from figuring any of this out if you are riding that thought in on this.

And, you're right....we may or may not know everything and/or nothing about this but you'll never know what we know, or don't know. We're that rare fan base that supports our team at 15-0 or 0-10 and has enough respect for our school and program not to air out our laundry (clean or dirty) for everyone to see. In due time you'll know what we do or don't know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Our accent used to be gold. I personally like green and black with white accents or green and white with black accents. 

Let's call it what it really was......yellow lol. Green, White, and Yellow.....wouldnt mind seeing a throw back 90s style jersey either lol. Maybe we can dig up some of those early 90s jerseys out of the old field house closet if they aint all tore up.

10 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

And, you're right....we may or may not know everything and/or nothing about this but you'll never know what we know, or don't know. We're that rare fan base that supports our team at 15-0 or 0-10 and has enough respect for our school and program not to air out our laundry (clean or dirty) for everyone to see. In due time you'll know what we do or don't know.

NO ARGUMENT HERE!!! Probably the most loyal fan base in East Texas.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, WildcatScream said:

No offense Brother.......just letting you know I'm here.........knocking out a box of Lucky Charms..........

So, is that a shot at my Irish heritage? I got the fighting Irishmen tattooed on my fore arm for a reason lol. I'll scrap if I got to lol only kidding moderators. I don't need a vacation from smoaky.

Let this playout...Barker has his reasons and they may never be known.He is a Great man and good coach. Im sure this has nothing with his ability to lead a program.  Tatum name, Facilities and Tradition will bring in people. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slickarick said:

Let this playout...Barker has his reasons and they may never be known.He is a Great man and good coach. Im sure this has nothing with his ability to lead a program.  Tatum name, Facilities and Tradition will bring in people. 

If I had any more likes to use I woulda gave you one but I used em all up on smiling piles of poop on every one of Lion70's posts I could find.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

If I had any more likes to use I woulda gave you one but I used em all up on smiling piles of poop on every one of Lion70's posts I could find.

Appreciate it. I worked for him back in henderson and know the kind of christian , family man he is. I lost touch over the years but know Tatum has a great coach ready to lead whenever he feels like he is ready again. Maybe get Strickland back from leaving to Arkansas.. DOubt it but would be a good hire. 

9 minutes ago, Slickarick said:

People have said it will be hard to get good coaches because of what our board did during the last hiring process. I think it’s the other way around. If your board isn’t afraid of the Supe and is willing to “buck him”,  that’s means they will fight for what is right. If I was a coach, that’s exactly the kind of board I would want to work for. We don’t take kindly to people with agendas. 

1 minute ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

People have said it will be hard to get good coaches because of what our board did during the last hiring process. I think it’s the other way around. If your board isn’t afraid of the Supe and is willing to “buck him”,  that’s means they will fight for what is right. If I was a coach, that’s exactly the kind of board I would want to work for. We don’t take kindly to people with agendas. 

Can't mess up  worse than Dangerfield..so there's that lol.. all kidding aside they will do their best find the best man for the job even if it is joe the mechanic.

1 minute ago, Slickarick said:

Can't mess up  worse than Dangerfield..so there's that lol.. all kidding aside they will do their best find the best man for the job even if it is joe the mechanic.

We spoke to most of the board members last time and all they kept telling us was that their intentions were to find someone who checks off the most amount of boxes. 

• Like 1