☪️ "Religion of Peace"

Voted4Dubya

Originally posted by strawberry66

The same as some interpret the Bible.:whistle:

I don't see Christians or Jews flying planes into buildings, blowing themselves up in crowded malls and killing innocent men, women and children in the name of Jehova or Jesus Christ. Muslims do this in the name of Allah several times a day.

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1
Originally posted by strawberry66

The same as some interpret the Bible.:whistle:

I don't see Christians or Jews flying planes into buildings, blowing themselves up in crowded malls and killing innocent men, women and children in the name of Jehova or Jesus Christ. Muslims do this in the name of Allah several times a day.

Have you read the Bible? Just wait until Christians backs are against the wall and see what depths they will sink to.:whome:

You are right, not in the name of Jesus but Christians (or so called Christians) do unexplainable things. It has been reported that McVeigh and Eric Ruldolph were both Christians. As a Christian myself I do not feel the need to apologize for them and I do not feel the need to have every peace loving Islamic person apologize for the actions of the radical few. Pastor Terry Hornbuckle got 15 years just the other day for sexual assault of three women from his church. Should I have to justify this because I believe the same God he claimed to follow?

That's completely different. Christians do not have an organized campaign of murder and mayhem. Muslims do. Yes some Christians do bad things, but they are not urged to do so by the Bible as Muslims are guided to do so by the Koran. Any religion who's Bible tells them convert all non-believers, and if they don't convert must kill them, is NOT a peaceful religion.

Originally posted by Five0pd310

That's completely different. Christians do not have an organized campaign of murder and mayhem. Muslims do. Yes some Christians do bad things, but they are not urged to do so by the Bible as Muslims are guided to do so by the Koran. Any religion who's Bible tells them convert all non-believers, and if they don't convert must kill them, is NOT a peaceful religion.

That would be true if it was only about now. How about ever?

I totally agree with you Five0pd310, you can't compare what a few radical Christians have done with a religion that is as viloent and murderous as Islam. Christians do not declare "death" to non-believers if they won't convert to their religion. Islam is NOT a peaceful religion! :whistle:

Originally posted by KirtFalcon

I totally agree with you Five0pd310, you can't compare what a few radical Christians have done with a religion that is as viloent and murderous as Islam.

Just like the Muslims you speak of are a few radicals? David Karesh was a Christian, therefore all of you must be loons who live on compounds and shoot at officers. Hitler considered himself a Christian too; how's that for some organized slaughter of another religion?

I speak of both groups in general. You're dealing with two vastly different cultures that have been at war for thousands of years. There will be no peace in my lifetime or my grandchildren's lifetime. For there to be any kind of peace we must leave these people alone. I know the oil is there, but if they don't want to sell, and they don't want us over there, we should get out. What their militants did on 9-11 is unforgiveable. I will never forgive them.

The Bible has never told its followers to kill anyone who does not believe. As far as organized violence, yes, there has been in the past. Several centuries ago, maybe.

Yea actually the Bible does tell of God ordering sinners to be killed.

He ordered Joshua to kill every person of Canaan

Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

Yea actually the Bible does tell of God ordering sinners to be killed.

He ordered Joshua to kill every person of Canaan

That's not telling them to kill anyone who will not convert to Christianity / Judaism. Surely you can see the difference there. When a people has become so immoral and detestful, yes, God has destroyed them, or had them destroyed. However to my memory, I can't recall God ever ordering an individual to preach the gospel to a non-Jew then kill him if he doesn't convert.

Here is what the Quran / Kuran teaches its believers:

viii.39-42:"Say to the Infidels: If they desist from their unbelief, what is now past shall be forgiven them ; but if they return to it, they have already before them the doom of the ancients ! Fight then against them till strife be at an end, and the religion be all of it God's.

SURA 4.56: (As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

4.89 : They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

8.12: When your Lord revealed to the angels: I am with you, therefore make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

There's more, but I'm bored now.

Five-O It works both ways

Duet 6-10

13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers

13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

13:10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Duet 17:2-7

2If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,

3And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

4And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:

5Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

6At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

7The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.

Psalms 58 10-11

58:10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

58:11 So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

Originally posted by Middle

I totally agree with you Five0pd310, you can't compare what a few radical Christians have done with a religion that is as viloent and murderous as Islam.

Just like the Muslims you speak of are a few radicals? David Karesh was a Christian, therefore all of you must be loons who live on compounds and shoot at officers. Hitler considered himself a Christian too; how's that for some organized slaughter of another religion?

Like I said, there have been a few radical people who called themselves Christians, very few, who have committed violent acts. Hitler was no Christian . . . whether he considered himself a Christian or not! :whistle:

There is still a big difference between a few nuts who "declared" themselves Christians and the official Islamic religion teaching death to non-believers. :w00t:

Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

Five-O It works both ways

Duet 6-10

13:6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers

13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

13:8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

13:9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

13:10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

Duet 17:2-7

2If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant,

3And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

4And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel:

5Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

6At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

7The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.

Psalms 58 10-11

58:10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

58:11 So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.

You have given examples of Old Jewish Law. Not commands of God.

The Psalms scriptures are not talking about killing people who do not agree with you. It is talking about wickedness. In Deut. it is talking about destroying those that are trying to compel you away from your beliefs, Again however, that is Old Jewish Law, not commandments of God.

You have given examples of Old Jewish Law. Not commands of God.

The Psalms scriptures are not talking about killing people who do not agree with you. It is talking about wickedness. In Deut. it is talking about destroying those that are trying to compel you away from your beliefs, Again however, that is Old Jewish Law, not commandments of God.

That doesnt matter whether it is God's law or not. This is the way people lived. People killed non believers in the name of the Christian God and thought it was the right thing to do. It doesnt make it right but it also doesnt make it different.

There is still a big difference between a few nuts who "declared" themselves Christians and the official Islamic religion teaching death to non-believers. :w00t:

And you think these radicals are really Muslims? Please. They're looked down upon by the mainstream Muslim community just as much as mainstream Christians look down on people like Koresh.

There's no difference, it's simple semantics on your part.

• Mr. P changed the title to ☪️ "Religion of Peace"