☪️ "Religion of Peace"

Voted4Dubya

Originally posted by strawberry66
Originally posted by Lhornfan

Then why do you support The Brook Hill School. I found their mission statement:

To provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character. Although Brook Hill is a non-denominational Christian school, the Bible is studied for credit, and students attend Chapel services weekly.

It seems the Bible is important to them. Why would you support a group that uses a set of books you can't trust?

No book written by man can be trusted so I guess I should not let my son attend any school? I know you are smarter than that.:tongue:

He said he could not trust the Bible, a set of books in one binder. So I asked why he supports a school that prides themselves on using the Bible and a Christian setting for their students. Not a big deal. Everybody has a right to their own opinionl.

A question for you strawberry. What sport does your son or daughter play at The Brook Hill? Obviously by reading your posts, it is not because it is a non-denominational Christian based school. Don't "crawfish" on me now. You don't seem like a person that considers himself a Christian. So why support a Christian school? Don't spit out academic stats to me either. I've seen you posts in the sports section concerning Brook Hill more than a few times.:whistle:

He said he could not trust the Bible, a set of books in one binder. So I asked why he supports a school that prides themselves on using the Bible and a Christian setting for their students. Not a big deal. Everybody has a right to their own opinionl.

A question for you strawberry. What sport does your son or daughter play at The Brook Hill? Obviously by reading your posts, it is not because it is a non-denominational Christian based school. Don't "crawfish" on me now. You don't seem like a person that considers himself a Christian. So why support a Christian school? Don't spit out academic stats to me either. I've seen you posts in the sports section concerning Brook Hill more than a few times.:whistle:

What does me not being a Christian have to do with my son going to a Christian school? Do all christians think like you? For your information Einstein, my son is a Christian. Does that bother you at all or should I proceed to the stake for my burning? And I dont spit scooter!

Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

They want to claim the Bible is the word, as long as it fits their argument, but when something in the bible does not, then they will say things like..Well yea that is old testament, those dont count anymore because Jesus and the New testament..YET will turn right around and use the Old testament to help bolster an argument. You cannot have it both ways....AND AGAIN ALL RELIGIONS are used like that

Bingo. The Old Testament, now, is more used as a historical perspective with an insight on how people lived under the old law ... and how they led their lives, etc. Stories and passages from the Old Testament still can be used to help lead Godly lives, of course. The teachings of Jesus Christ are what Christians are asked to reflect.

That's why it always strikes me the wrong way when people use the "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" argument when justifying capital punishment. ...part of the reason why I have somewhat changed my views on the death penalty.

It would be nice if Christians would read the Bible before arguing blindly about it...it would save me a whole heck of a lot of grief when dealing with people that have been either lied to or told wrong about the Bible by well-meaning people who just happen to not know what they are talking about.

'Religion of peace' followers torch Christian churches

Hundreds seek refuge as mobs riot over alleged 'insult' to Muhammad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: September 23, 2006

1:00 a.m. Eastern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Nearly a dozen Christian churches have been burned and hundreds of people forced to seek refuge in a police station by Muslims who rioted through the Nigerian city of Dutse, and they blamed their actions on a "comment" made by a Christian woman.

According to a Reuters report, authorities in the city imposed a night curfew this week to try to quell the violence allegedly triggered by a statement by a woman that Muslims said was a blasphemy to Mohammad.

Scores of houses and shops owned by Christians also were burned in the Jigawa state capital city, police spokesman Haz Iwendi reported. There also were some injuries, but no fatalities, he said.

"Eleven churches and so many houses and shops were burned," he told Reuters. "The house of the Anglican bishop also was ransacked."

Another report from Africa News quoted police spokesman Kieran Dudari as saying the situation was "unfortunate."

The Christian aid organization Barnabas Fund said the conflagration destroyed two-thirds of all Christian churches in the area, including St. Peter's Anglican Cathedral, and there were reports that the state's governor himself was attacked when he tried to calm the mob.

Hundreds of heavily armed police officers were called in to patrol the city, eventually providing some calm amidst the ashes, the organization said.

The Barnabas Fund noted Muslims already were in an uproar worldwide because of a recent comment from the pope where he cited a historic document that describes Islam as violent.

"There have been attacks against Christians in the Palestinian territories, Somalia and Iraq," the group said.

"There have also been many verbal protests. The Islamic cleric Yusuf al-Qaradawi, a so-called moderate who had justified violence in the past, called for 22nd September to be a 'day of rational anger' across the world and warned Muslims not to attack churches," the Fund said. "Sadly his warning against violence does not seem to have been heeded."

Al-Qaida in Iraq has publicly threatened Christians, saying, "We will destroy the cross … then all that will be accepted will be conversion or the sword. May God enable us to slit their throats, and make their money and descendants the bounty of the mujahideen," according to the Fund.

"Muslims are always saying that Islam is a religion of peace," said Fund International Director Patrick Sookhdeo. "But many Christians in the Muslim world know differently. For them, Islam has been and remains a religion which metes out violence."

The organization said it is launching an online drive to raise funds for the victims of the violence, as well as the eventual reconstruction of the burned church facilities.

Joseph Hayab, of the Christian Association of Nigeria, told Reuters that the woman's comment was a tit-for-tat remark after a derogatory comment was made about Christianity.

"Her comment was in retaliation to uncomplimentary remarks made by her colleague about Jesus," he told the news service. The woman was detained briefly by police, then released, and that's what triggered the rioting, he said.

According to a report, more than 1,000 Dutse residents remained camped in an open field at state police headquarters a day later, too terrified to return to their homes.

The comments from the pope that have left the Muslim world calling either for his death or his conversion to Islam came as he quoted 14th-century Byzantine emperor Manuel II Paleologus.

"He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached," the pope quoted, according to a CNN report.

The Organization of the Islamic Conference said that statement shows a "deep ignorance" of Islam.

The pope apologized that people were offended by his quotation, but he stopped short of denying its truthfulness.

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

I don't recall that many mosques being attacked, and don't remember hearing of any that were burned. Comparing 9/11 to a verbal insult is probably not one of your better moments on here, either. :hmmm:

Nice try scooter! Not comparing anything to 9/11 just the retaliation of the aftereffect. Colmes, trying to put me in a corner has greatly lowered my respect for you.

The irony of your statements Strawberry is the quote and poem in your signature line. One talks of the greatness of America, and the other salutes American soldiers. Yet you defend the terrorist. I guess the US was supposed to apologize for offending the Muslim terrorists that killed so many Americans in the 9/11 attacks. The same groups of Muslims say there is more to come and not just in the United States. How can you defend this group? How can you honestly believe it is okay for a group of extremist to bomb and burn churches, stores and homes simply because someone asked if their religion was a violent religion?

And what's with your new thing calling everybody "scooter." Did you just watch or listen to Ron White? I've with Colmes on this one. And if I lose your respect because of it, that is perfectly fine with me.

Originally posted by Colmesneilfan1

I don't recall that many mosques being attacked, and don't remember hearing of any that were burned. Comparing 9/11 to a verbal insult is probably not one of your better moments on here, either. :hmmm:

Retaliation locally was minor compared to other cities where mosques were burned or vandalized.

http://www.theeagle.com/septanniv/090902muslims.htm

In Alexandria, Virginia, someone hurled bricks wrapped with hate messages through the windows of an Islamic bookstore, shattering the glass. A firebomb landed in the mosque in Denton, Texas, on the outskirts of Dallas, and rifle fire pierced the stained-glass dome of the mosque in Perrysburg, a suburb of Toledo, Ohio. The rash of scattershot incidents across the country also included Hindu temples attacked in Medinah, Illinois, and in Matawan, New Jersey; a Gujarati-owned convenience store fire-bombed in Somerset, Massachusetts; and an Iraqi pizzeria burned down in Plymouth, home of the Pilgrims.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sh...rs/excerpt.html

Colorado

Buggie and Pinky Bajwa, Sikh Americans, awoke Thursday morning, 9/13/01, to find the word ``Terrorists'' sprayed in red paint across their family's driveway and ``Terrist on board'' written on their white car. (Source: AP Article, 9/18/01)

Illinois

Chicago

9/12/01, police in Bridgeview, Ill., turned back 300 marchers -- some waving American flags and shouting "USA! USA!" _ as they tried to march on a mosque in the Chicago suburb. Three demonstrators were arrested. There were no injuries and demonstrators were kept blocks from the closed Muslim house of worship. "I'm proud to be American and I hate Arabs and I always have," said 19-year-old Colin Zaremba who marched with the group from Oak Lawn. (Source: Coffee article, AP, 9/13/01)

In Chicago, a firebomb was tossed 09/12/01 at an Arab-American community center. (Source: Coffee article, AP, 9/13/01)

In nearby Palos Heights, a man who used the blunt end of a machete to attack a Moroccan gas station attendant was charged with a hate crime, police said. The attendant did not seek treatment. (Source: Coffee article, AP, 9/13/01)

Indiana

A man in a ski mask in Gary, Ind., fired an assault rifle at a gas station where a Yemen-born U.S. citizen born was working Wednesday, 9/12/01, the Post Tribune of Merrillville, Ind., reported. Police were investigating it as a hate crime. (Source: Coffee article, AP, 9/13/01)

New Jersey

Vandals attacked two Indian owned businesses in Collingswood, N.J. The vandals sprayed painted "leave town" (9/12/01).

New York

2 Pakistanis killed in Coney Island (Source: CAAAV e-mail, 9/17/01)

In Richmond Hills, NY, Attar Singh Bhatia was severely injured and hospitalized when he was attacked with a baseball bat (9/11/01). (Source IACFPA e-mail, 9/18/01)

In Richmond Hills, NY, two Sikh Americans were attacked with a paint ball gun. The police arrested two men. (9/11/01). (Source IACFPA e-mail, 9/18/01)

In Richmond Hills, NY, a gurdwara was fired upon with rubber bullets. An arrest was made when the individual returned the following morning. (9/11/01) (Source IACFPA e-mail, 9/18/01)

On Sept. 11, Amrik Singh Chawla, a South Asian American (Sikh), was chased by a group of four men yelling "terrorist." They chased him for four blocks. He was unharmed, but is deeply shaken by the entire incident. (Source IACFPA e-mail, 9/17/01)

Meera Kumar, who, on Wednesday, was racially profiled and harassed by police on a Boston-NY train, along with other South Asians and Arabs.?(Source: nmemon e-mail, 9/16/01)

One of the Sikh participants was giving a TV interview outside the restaurant when a man pushing a baby stroller walked by, stopped and started yelling at him, saying, "You Islamic mosquitoes should be killed." It was caught on tape by Rohit Vyas and Pankaj Kumar of TV Asia, who have been running it on the air. Rohit's e-mail: [email protected] (Source: nmemon e-mail, 9/16/01)

Human rights commission reports at least 3 attacks (1 Pakistani, 2 Arab) in suffolk county. (Source: CAAAV e-mail, 9/17/01)

Taxi driver pulled out and beaten. (Source: CAAAV e-mail, 9/17/01)

In Huntington, N.Y., a 75-year-old man who was drunk tried to run over a Pakistani woman in the parking lot of a shopping mall, police said. The man then followed the woman into a store and threatened to kill her for "destroying my country," authorities said. (Source: Coffee article, AP, 9/13/01)

In Stony Brook, N.Y., on Sunday night, 9/16, shots were fired at the home of an Indo-American who is a graduate of Stanford University. No injuries were reported. (Source: Mangaliman, SJ Mercury News, 9/18/01)

Ohio

In suburban Cleveland, the Guru Gobind Singh Sikh Temple was attacked with lit bottles of gasoline. At this time, no arrests have been made. (9/12/01) (Source: IACFPA e-mail, 9/18/01; Lewin & Goodstein article, NY Times, 09/18/01)

In Youngstown, Ohio, Tejinder Singh, a Sikh, said someone made rude comments to him as he stood in a parking lot. Someone also set fire to a hedge outside his brother's gas station in Cortland, Ohio, he said. (Kong, AP, imdiversity.com, 09/19/01)

Oklahoma

In Tulsa, Okla., police said a Pakistani native was beaten by three men late Tuesday in a hate crime. The victim was in a fair condition at a hospital Thursday. (Source: Coffee article, AP, 9/13/01)

9/15/01, Tulsa: Kimberly Lowe, a 21 year old full blood Creek, Native American, and several Native friends were followed and harassed by a vehicle of white males. The males threw items at the car and yelled "Go back to your own country!" Kimberly, the driver, stopped the car and got out to confront the males. The attackers drove to hit Kimberly, pin her against another vehicle, then backed up and ran over her again. Lowe was killed; police are investigating, have not deemed it a hate crime yet. (Goldtooth, IEN, e-mail, 9/18/01)

Oregon

On Sunday, 9/16/01, near Eugene, Ore., a 54-year old California woman was arrested for trying to pull the turban off the head of a Sikh man at a highway rest stop. (Source: Lewin & Goodstein article, NY Times, 09/18/01)

Rhode Island

In Ronkonkoma, Long Island, a man was arrested on suspicion of waving a pellet gun and shouting obscenities at a South Asian gas station worker. (9/12/01) (Source: IACFPA e-mail, 9/18/01)

Sher J.B. Singh was pulled from an Amtrak train in Providence, Rhode Island and arrested for possession of a concealed weapon. Mr. Singh was carrying a three-inch kirpan. Unfortunately, national press wrongly claimed that Mr. Singh was one of the terrorists being sought by the FBI (9/12/01). (Source: IACFPA e-mail, 9/18/01)

Texas

Dallas police and the FBI are investigating whether the shooting death of a Pakistani grocer in Pleasant Grove was out of anger at Muslims for Tuesday's terrorist attacks. The killing occurred Saturday night, 9/16/01. 46-year-old Waqar Hasan at Mom's Grocery was shot, but there was no evidence of robbery or a struggle. (Source: Emily Article, The Dallas Morning News, 9/17/01)

Mosques in Carrollton, Denton and Irving were attacked in what authorities believe could have been a reaction to the terrorist attacks. Shots were fired into the Carrollton and Irving (9/12/01) mosques and a firebomb was thrown into the mosque in Denton. (Source: Emily Article, The Dallas Morning News, 9/17/01) Early Thursday, 9/13/01, a Molotov cocktail was thrown against the side of the Islamic Society of Denton, Texas, causing an estimated $2,500 in damage, said Kiersten Dieterle, a spokeswoman for the Dallas suburb. The building was empty and there were no injuries. (Source: Coffee article, AP, 9/13/01)

Washington

Armed man allegedly set fire to a Seattle mosque. (Source: Sacramento Bee, 9/18/01)

Washington, DC

Rippy Singh was stopped by 4 white males in a car who accused him of being a terrorist and said, "we will bomb you" in Washington, DC. (Source: IACFPA e-mail, 9/18/01)

A South Asian American (Sikh), was exiting work this afternoon. As he was leaving he was accosted by pedestrians on the street who began to yell verbal expletives at him, and threatened to "get" him and bomb him in retaliation for the terrorist acts earlier in the day. Although he was able to escape the crowd, he too was deeply upset by the incident. (Source: IACFPA e-mail, 9/17/01)

Others:

Tamara Alfson, an American working at the Kuwait Embassy in Washington, spent Wednesday counseling frightened Kuwaiti students attending schools across the United States. "Some of them have already been harassed. People have been quite awful to them," said Alfson, an academic adviser to about 150 students. (Source: Coffee article, AP, 9/13/01)

http://www.aamovement.net/hatecrime/wtc/wtchatelist2.html

Seems BOTH religions of peace have people who are not so peaceful.

The irony of your statements Strawberry is the quote and poem in your signature line. One talks of the greatness of America, and the other salutes American soldiers. Yet you defend the terrorist. I guess the US was supposed to apologize for offending the Muslim terrorists that killed so many Americans in the 9/11 attacks. The same groups of Muslims say there is more to come and not just in the United States. How can you defend this group? How can you honestly believe it is okay for a group of extremist to bomb and burn churches, stores and homes simply because someone asked if their religion was a violent religion?

And what's with your new thing calling everybody "scooter." Did you just watch or listen to Ron White? I've with Colmes on this one. And if I lose your respect because of it, that is perfectly fine with me.

Unlike Colmes, you never had my respect. If you think Im defending anyone then you are more ignorant than I thought. You will get nowhere trying to attack me Lhornfan. It will not help your status on Smoaky.

Here is the difference between myself and Lhornfan. I say kill all terrorist. He wants to kill all Muslims. Pretty big difference to me. I know many Muslims that are better than a lot of Christians I know. They do not support terrorism no more that Lhornfan supports OU football. Many of them suffered after 9/11 needlessly at the hands of people that call themselves Christians. All Im saying is quit blaming all Muslims. There are millions of good peaceful Muslims in this world that would never harm anyone but lumping them together with the terrorist is no better than me lumping all Catholics with Pedophile Priest.

And Colmes, maybe I overreacted, I apologise to you.

Here is the difference between myself and Lhornfan. I say kill all terrorist. He wants to kill all Muslims. Pretty big difference to me. I know many Muslims that are better than a lot of Christians I know. They do not support terrorism no more that Lhornfan supports OU football. Many of them suffered after 9/11 needlessly at the hands of people that call themselves Christians. All Im saying is quit blaming all Muslims. There are millions of good peaceful Muslims in this world that would never harm anyone but lumping them together with the terrorist is no better than me lumping all Catholics with Pedophile Priest.

And Colmes, maybe I overreacted, I apologise to you.

First, please find where I said kill all Muslims. To my knowledge, I don't know any Muslims personally. I am at least honest enough to say I am prejudice toward a culture which I stated as Middle Eastern men. I can't help it, I'm only human. I see what the news wants me to see, and I read what the newspapers and more popular websites wants me to read. I don't agree with bombing Iraq or other countries just to get even. However, I don't have a problem bombing weapon supply buildings and camps of terrorists. I'm sure you can find hundreds of articles where the US has bombed innocent victims in the Middle East during this 5 year campaign. Such is war. I'm not a big fan of it.

Second, I don't know you well enough Strawberry to understand your satire, honesty or sarcasm just by reading your posts. I know you spend a lot of time in this political forum, and I realize you are more up to date on politics than I. I just can't stomach politics for the most part. I should not have said you defend the terrorist. Sometimes my patriotism blinds me from what is really being said or done. I also think I got on your badside when I asked about your support of The Brook Hill school. I just though it was kind of weird for your son to attend a Christian based school that costs a good bit of money when you are not a Christian.

Last, I want to make it perfectly clear where I stand on this topic. I am NOT against Muslims. I am against terrorists and extremist. Right now those two groups that are making all the noise in the media happen to be Muslim. It is a small percentage, but it doesn't take a lot of bodies to do a lot of damage. I don't understand why these extremist want to kill the Pope because he asked if the religion of Islam was a violent religion. I don't believe he was trying to stir things up, or he would not have apologized for his statement. And although he has already been told he will be killed in Turkey when he travels there next week, he at this time is still planning on going. I consider myself a Christian, but I do have faults. I've already admitted I am prejudice to a certain group of young men. I would not say anything bad to them, but I would also not visit their store or place of business. Not out of hatred though. Just like I don't go into certain gas stations because when I come out I smell like a mixture of fried burritos and cigarette smoke.

PS - You are certainly right about one thing, I don't support OU or as I like to call it - The University of Texas at Norman. I have however coached two kids that played for OU. One of them is in the NFL right now.

Originally posted by kldd210

Colmes and Lhornfan got it right...

Got what right? All Muslims are terrorist?:whome:

No, that Muslims are the group right now that we must be watchful of. Straw, we all agree that not all Muslims are terrorists, or even that all terrorists are Muslims, just that the people who are trying to destroy America right now are Muslim terrorists.

I don't even know if that made sense, but oh well.:shrug:

Originally posted by Five0pd310

No, that Muslims are the group right now that we must be watchful of. Straw, we all agree that not all Muslims are terrorists, or even that all terrorists are Muslims, just that the people who are trying to destroy America right now are Muslim terrorists.

I don't even know if that made sense, but oh well.:shrug:

I dont disagree with you. The problem I have is most Christians are real touchy when it comes to their religion and their bible but dont hesitate to denounce other religions and their holy books without fully knowing the history of their own. They act like Muslims are the only religious people in history to have a violent time in their respective history.

• 11 months later...

Being that’s it’s 9/11, I figured now would be an appropriate time to discuss Islamic extremism. In spite of what pot smoking hippies will have you believe, Islam is a messed-up religion. Not only does the Quran contain multiple passages discussing the best methods for exterminating infidels, Mohammed was pretty messed up himself. He had many, many, many wives, one of whom was six. . . . To be fair, he didn’t consummate the marriage until she was ten. What a gentlemen.

If your wasting your time reading this, then I’m assuming your familiar with my take on political correctness. Funny thing, Islam is the most politically incorrect religion ever, and liberals won’t touch them with a ten foot pole. They hate gays, they hate women, they hate freedom, they hate non-believers. Why then, are liberals so afraid of offending Muslims? If the Catholic Church said things half as extreme as the Church of Islam, liberals would jump down their throats for not being nice. Another funny thing, Catholics tend to NOT murder non-believers. Go figure.

I’m about to make an incredibly obvious, incredibly offensive statement, so here goes:

All terrorists are muslim.

Everyone’s thinking it, but liberals control your actions with the P.C. card, so no one says it. Now perhaps there’s a lunatic fringe of lonely high school kids, or bipolar Gulf War vets, but you can’t screen for lunatics, and were not at war with loony white kids. We are at war with islamofascists. I’m talking about organized terrorist cells with the intent of destroying the American way of life. So the question isn’t whether or not Islam is a violent, woman-hating religion, the question is: Why is everyone so hush-hush? Why can’t we screen every single Arabic, Muslim looking guy who sets foot in an American airport? Answer?. . . . .

Liberals are too worried about offending people, and not worried enough about protecting American citizens. Lets stop “randomly” screening my grandmother at the airport, and begin screening every single arab who wants to fly on an American plane.

Every single one.

There’s actually a law stating that no two people of the same ethnicity can be “randomly” screened consecutively. . . . Unless, of coarse, if they’re white. First of all, THAT ISN’T EVEN RANDOM! Futhermore, now all Al-Queda has to do is send three arabs back-to-back-to-back with carbon composite blades, and they have a money-back guarantee that one of them will get on the plane. Good work liberals! Way to not offend people.

The only thing these people know is sheer power. Why do you think Saddam kept them in check so well? Because he didn’t mess around. He didn’t care if it was P.C. or not he’d kill you if you tried any nonsense. Islamofascists understand that language, that’s why they speak it so fluently. Believe me, it doesn’t matter how hard you try not to offend them, or how much you appease them, they’ll kill you too. Fight the Islamic power.

I guess I'm coming to the light...

• Mr. P changed the title to ☪️ "Religion of Peace"