☪️ "Religion of Peace"

Voted4Dubya

Originally posted by Middle

And you think these radicals are really Muslims? Please. They're looked down upon by the mainstream Muslim community just as much as mainstream Christians look down on people like Koresh.

Then why does their holy book (Koran) teach them to kill non-believers? The new testament bible does not teach Christians to kill non-believers. Your argument makes no sense . . but then none of your arguments make any sense! :whistle:

And you think these radicals are really Muslims? Please. They're looked down upon by the mainstream Muslim community just as much as mainstream Christians look down on people like Koresh.

There's no difference, it's simple semantics on your part.

No, that's not true, Middle. When Koresh was killed the Christian community did not jump up and down with excitement over his death. There were no parades or other jubulations. Just a unified, "oh well."

When the towers fell Muslims FROM ALL OVER THE PLACE were celebrating in the streets, buring American flags, and having parades to celebrate the destruction and death.

That is the difference. No, most of these Muslims do not want to kill all non-believers or send there chidren on suicide bomb runs, but most do not give American deaths a second thought, however. As a matter of fact, even many Muslims leaders living here showed support for the 9/11 attackers by blaming Americans who may have never even met a Muslim in there lives much less take their land away from them. Which by the way, there was an Israel long before there was a Palestine.

There is something to remember: all these scriptures you guys are pointing to and using words like religion ... that is all irrelevant to the world we live in and the Jesus Christ some of us have chosen to follow.

The Old Testament, while relevant to history and the Bible, does not apply to the lives we lead now ... that changed as soon as Jesus Christ came to this earth -- which is a historical fact. Jesus Christ, who is by no means a religion (a most horrible word with an even worse context), teaches love, forgiveness, grace and salvation. By no means did Jesus Christ EVER teach to harm or kill others in His name. He said love your enemies. When Jesus Christ walked the earth, died and resurrected -- also a historical fact, though often overlooked -- that solidified the Christian faith, which is exactly what it is, a faith. The word, "Christian," is a mis-used word and one I'm very careful to use, because we see people who claim to be "Christians" but do not share that relationship with Jesus Christ that He seeks. Jesus wants to be a part in the lives of those who choose to follow Him -- Followers of Jesus Christ, which is what I and others strive to be.

That's the difference anyone will find with other beliefs (note I did not use religion here, because religion is a man-made concept that will only fade like many others) is that Jesus Christ rose from the dead ... the others, however, did not.

Originally posted by KirtFalcon

There is still a big difference between a few nuts who "declared" themselves Christians and the official Islamic religion teaching death to non-believers. :w00t:

There's no difference, it's simple semantics on your part.

You are totally wrong here. Do you remember the entire Palestinian population dancing in the streets when the towers were attacked. Islam is a religion of death and terror. They radicals are not looked down upon, they are celebrated, embraced, and looked up to as heroes.

Anyone, who thinks it is ok, or there is any justification for what this "religion" does, is an idiot. If you don't like the way I believe, then strap it up, bring the best you got, meet me on the field of battle, and may be best man win. But to attack the children, and innocent, is just plain cowardly.

To me cowards any and everywhere should be hunted down, and destroyed, eradicated, just like child molestors, anyone who preys on the fears and innocence should be done away with. If I had the power I would kill them all and let God sort them out.

Their zeal for terror and war would soon stop if we took the same approach to them and their children. Cowards that they are operate because they know we will not sink to the tactics they use. We will negotiate a peace. Peace comes from destroying your enemy. That is just my humble opinion.

If you are correct in the assumption that the "radical muslims" are only a minority, why haven't we heard form the majority who oppose their haterd?

Why is it that when Christians and their faith are ridiculed riots and mayhem do not occur?

I do concur that radicals exist in all societies. Having said that, we should focus on the issue that is forgotten here. Protecting our nation, and our way of life should be our only objective, irregardless to whom that enemy might be.

Originally posted by BearBryant

You are totally wrong here. Do you remember the entire Palestinian population dancing in the streets when the towers were attacked. Islam is a religion of death and terror. They radicals are not looked down upon, they are celebrated, embraced, and looked up to as heroes.

You all keep saying stuff like this, but you fail to realize you're preaching an image the media has painted for you. Yep, that liberal media you all hate so much loves to paint a picture of a dilapidated middle east full of people who are ready to strap on a bomb.

Don't confuse entertainment with the truth. Those who look down and denounce terrorism from the middle east write, blog, and preach plenty about the subject. But killing 3000 American civilians will obviously get your side more attention than a simple quote condemning terrorists.

There is but one way to salvation and ultimately eternity with God. That is through his son, Christ. There is NO OTHER WAY. You can argue that all day long, but when you stand before God on Judgement Day, that's the first (and maybe only) question He will ask you- "Do you know my Son?" And depending on your answer, you may get a "Depart from Me, I never knew you." End of story. No overtime or extra innings.

The question was "What do you associate with the word "Islam?" Old School: A person is known by the company they keep. The loudest voice I hear from Islam is that of Terrorism. If the Muslims don't like that, they should be the ones putting their soldiers in harms way to change it. I see NO EFFORT on their part. They remind me of someone standing there waving their right hand like a stop sign, but their left is motioning "come on." If you think for one moment that their "religion" cares about anyone but themselves, you are sadly mistaken.

There may be a few among them, but my advice to them is "get out - find a peaceful life somewhere and raise your family."

Originally posted by tribal84

There is but one way to salvation and ultimately eternity with God. That is through his son, Christ. There is NO OTHER WAY. You can argue that all day long, but when you stand before God on Judgement Day, that's the first (and maybe only) question He will ask you- "Do you know my Son?" And depending on your answer, you may get a "Depart from Me, I never knew you." End of story. No overtime or extra innings.

The question was "What do you associate with the word "Islam?" Old School: A person is known by the

company they keep. The loudest voice I hear from Islam is that of Terrorism. If the Muslims don't like that, they should be the ones putting their soldiers in harms way to change it. I see NO EFFORT on their part. They remind me of someone standing there waving their right hand like a stop sign, but their left is motioning "come on." If you think for one moment that their "religion" cares about anyone but themselves, you are sadly mistaken.

There may be a few among them, but my advice to them is "get out - find a peaceful life somewhere and raise your family."

Excellent Post.

Nun forgave killers as she lay dying

18/09/2006 - 16:52:49

Sister Leonella, a nun who devoted her life to helping the sick in volatile regions of Africa, used to joke that there was a bullet with her name engraved on it in Somalia. When the bullet came, she used her last breaths to forgive those responsible.

“I forgive, I forgive,” she whispered in her native Italian just before she died, the Rev. Malaga Wesson told The Associated Press at the nun’s memorial mass in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi, today.

Sister Leone’s execution-style murder over the weekend has raised concerns that she and other foreigners who have been killed in Somalia recently are victims of growing Islamic radicalism in the country.

Her killing was not a random attack and could have been sparked by remarks by Pope Benedict XVI about Muslims that have sparked angry reaction from Muslims around the world, added Willy Huber, regional head of the Austrian-funded hospital where Sister Leonella worked.

The killing has once again turned the spotlight on the lawless Horn of Africa nation where a powerful, radical Islamic group, accused of having ties to al Qaida, have all but wrested control of the country from the weak and factional Somali government.

Sister Leonella, whose birth name was Rosa Sgorbati, had lived and worked in Kenya and Somalia for 38 years, her family said.

She was shot as she left the Austrian-run S.O.S. hospital on Sunday. Her bodyguard also was slain. The two had been walking the 30 feet from the Mogadishu hospital to the sister’s home, where three other nuns were waiting to have lunch with her.

“She had no chance,” Huber added. “It was like an execution.”

Sister Leonella was aware of the dangers in Somalia and used to joke that there was a bullet with her name engraved on it.

“But this never deterred her or discouraged her,” said Wesonga, who is secretary of the archdiocese of Nairobi.

In Mogadishu, Halima Hassan said Sister Leonella was a “kind person who loved mothers and children. We have lost a great person".

She added she hoped the killing would not lead to curtailed aid to Somalia.

© Thomas Crosbie Media 2006

The Times September 19, 2006

Calls for calm as militants threaten to kill the Pope

From Richard Owen in Rome

THE Vatican tried to appease Muslim anger over the Pope’s remarks on Islam yesterday, as protests continued and a terrorist group linked to al-Qaeda vowed to kill the pontiff.

Dr Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, defended Pope Benedict XVI, saying: “There are elements in Islam that can be used to justify violence, just as there are in Christianity and Judaism.” He added: “The Pope has issued an apology, and I think his views on this need to be judged against his entire record, where he has spoken very positively about dialogue.”

The Pope, who has apologised for the offence caused to Muslims, is expected to elaborate further tomorrow.

Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, his Secretary of State, said that papal nuncios (ambassadors) in Muslim countries had been instructed to explain personally to political and religious leaders that the remarks had been misunderstood and taken out of context.

Security around St Peter’s Square remained tight as al-Qaeda militants in Iraq vowed to “conquer Rome”. The Mujahidin Shura Council, an umbrella group for Sunni Islamists, said in a statement: “We tell the worshipper of the Cross (the Pope) that you and the West will be defeated . . . May God enable us to slit their throats, and make their money and descendants the bounty of the mujahidin.”

Another militant group in Iraq, Ansar al-Sunnah, added: “The day is coming when the armies of Islam will destroy the ramparts of Rome.”

Effigies of the Pope were burnt from Basra in Iraq to Muzaffarabad in Kashmir. The president of the Islamic Association of China said that the Pope had insulted both Islam and the Prophet Muhammad.

In the Vatican, dismay over the crisis was mingled with grim irony that a quotation accusing Islam of using violence had been greeted with violence.

Cardinal George Pell, the Archbishop of Sydney, said: “The violent reactions in many parts of the Islamic world justified one of Pope Benedict’s main fears . . . They show the link for many Islamists between religion and violence, their refusal to respond to criticism with rational arguments, but only with demonstrations, threats and actual violence.”

In London yesterday Anjem Choudary, a militant Muslim lawyer, said during a protest outside Westminster Cathedral that those who insulted Islam should be killed.

Cardinal Keith O’Brien, Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh, said: “We pray that calm will return and our two religions can carry on working together.”

The Pope had referred to remarks by the 14th-century Byzantine Emperor Manuel II Paleologus, who said that everything the Prophet Muhammad brought was evil, “such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached”. The Pope said that the quotation did not represent his personal views.

Copyright 2006 Times Newspapers Ltd.

I ask you, what should we do about extremist Muslims who want to kill us? Kill them, thats what we do. We don't take prisoners of war. We don't send them to Guantanomo. We don't let them have another chance. When we catch an insurgent, we kill the insurgent. When we catch a terrorist, we kill them. Its the only way to deal with extremist. You kill them before they kill you.

I'm sure any of us would defend ourselves or our families if forced to do so...or anyone we witness being abused. I had the hard task of trying to explain to my 11 year old son the other day why Sadam is still breathing air. That man defines terrorism. And a lot of his and his son's acts of murder were caught on film! And he still has the audacity to make demands. I'm thinking it took a lot of self control for that soldier who pulled Sadam out of his hole NOT to pull the trigger.

It's not that I detest Muslims, I detest terrorists. Muslim terrorists included.

In the Vatican, dismay over the crisis was mingled with grim irony that a quotation accusing Islam of using violence had been greeted with violence.

Cardinal George Pell, the Archbishop of Sydney, said: “The violent reactions in many parts of the Islamic world justified one of Pope Benedict’s main fears . . . They show the link for many Islamists between religion and violence, their refusal to respond to criticism with rational arguments, but only with demonstrations, threats and actual violence.”

They sure hit THAT nail square in the head!

The word Islam itself mean 'submission'. That goes hand in hand with the publicly announced intent of radical Islam for global submission. In Islam 'Infidels/Kafirs' are defined as anyone who is not a Muslim, and yes the Quran stipulates basically that Infidels must convert or die. The intent of radical Islam is to establish a 'Caliphate' which is a Muslim world government ruled according to sharia law. It is what American al Qaeda Adam Gadahn speaks of in his latest "Convert or die" propaganda video where he asserts, "Islam is the only religion acceptable to God". Many liberals claim that the "jihad" so often spoken of by Islam means a peaceful Muslim striving for spiritual perfection but the late Ayatollah Khomeini (surely you remember this famous Muslim man of peace?) rebuked the Religion of Peace propagandists back in 1942: "Those who know nothing of Islam pretend that Islam counsels against war. Those (who say this) are witless." The real witless people are those who say that Islam is a religion of peace when the record is clear otherwise. Islam to me brings to mind the following words: cowardice, evil, death, destruction, wickedness, oppression, etc.

The very nature of religion is man made and thus corrupt. ALL religions are based off books that have been corrupted by man itself. The Bible is not a book, but a bunch of little books put together under one binding. The church leaders decided what went in and what did not. Sorry but I cant trust that. That goes for ALL of them. Every religion has used, and been used for gains by the men who supposedly are doing God's will...Problem is that each religion the will of God is different. What makes one book right and the other wrong?

You're not alone...God wrote one set of the Ten Commandments with His own finger and very few "trusted" that either.

Those who believe the Bible understand that the Holy Spirit guided the men who edited the contents. There are several good books that were left out of the Bible, such as the Book of the Macabees, that I still find awesome. But for whatever reason, the Holy Spirit did not impress on these men to include all of those books.

People who really believe - actually KNOW - that God is who He says He is begin their belief in Faith. Faith opens the door to the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit guides us to Christ, and Christ guides us to the Father. There is no better existence than to be grounded in Him.

Originally posted by TxEaglecaller

The very nature of religion is man made and thus corrupt. ALL religions are based off books that have been corrupted by man itself. The Bible is not a book, but a bunch of little books put together under one binding. The church leaders decided what went in and what did not. Sorry but I cant trust that. That goes for ALL of them. Every religion has used, and been used for gains by the men who supposedly are doing God's will...Problem is that each religion the will of God is different. What makes one book right and the other wrong?

I was thinking about that too. But you put it in much better words than I can.

Then why do you support The Brook Hill School. I found their mission statement:

To provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character. Although Brook Hill is a non-denominational Christian school, the Bible is studied for credit, and students attend Chapel services weekly.

It seems the Bible is important to them. Why would you support a group that uses a set of books you can't trust?

The word I associate with "Islam" is: TROUBLE.

I realize there have been problems throughout history with Christians, but we don't live in the Dark Ages. I'm more concerned with recent history. If Islamic leaders belief there is a problem, they need to step up to the plate and be heard. Maybe they're afraid they'll get the same treatment as Malcolm X. I know this: I don't like it very much when anybody comes out and talks about killing Americans or bombing countries simply because they are allies with the US. You can call me brainwashed all you want. That is your right because you live in the US. I wonder what would happen if you went into Osama's campground and called him the devil. I know what happens when someone comes into the US and calls our leader the devil, nothing.

Originally posted by Lhornfan

To provide excellence in college preparatory education, affirm the gifts and challenge the potential of each student, and encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character. Although Brook Hill is a non-denominational Christian school, the Bible is studied for credit, and students attend Chapel services weekly.

It seems the Bible is important to them. Why would you support a group that uses a set of books you can't trust?

First off I broadcast for BH..am not employed by them. I support their sports thru broadcasts, just like I would if I worked for a public school. Does not mean I support 100% EVERYTHING the school stands for....

Now onto the Religion debate...I have never said I dont believe in God, because duh I do...What I said was that MAN has corrupted the true message of God.

Man have used religious missions to hide their true intentions many times thru history..EVERY religion has been used like that.

Now onto the Bible, or for any religious books for that matter. I have felt for a long time that these religious books are worshipped as much as the entity these books are supposed to be talking about.

IMO..and only MY PERSONAL VIEW..The bible is supposed to be a reference for Christians a guide so to speak. NOT as the ONLY guide. The Bible IMO is not suppose to be the end all when it comes to seeking the path to God.

People today pick and choose what they want to believe in the bible, as long as it fits their personal gains/goals/values.

They want to claim the Bible is the word, as long as it fits their argument, but when something in the bible does not, then they will say things like..Well yea that is old testament, those dont count anymore because Jesus and the New testament..YET will turn right around and use the Old testament to help bolster an argument. You cannot have it both ways....AND AGAIN ALL RELIGIONS are used like that

Now read the BH statement again...It says the MOST IMPORTANT part of their belief system..encourage students to honor God through Christ-like character. It syas they study the Bible, and have Chapel..it does NOT say the Bible is their only guide. Of course it is a major part of their system, but it is NOT the only one

Originally posted by Lhornfan

No book written by man can be trusted so I guess I should not let my son attend any school? I know you are smarter than that.:tongue:

• Mr. P changed the title to ☪️ "Religion of Peace"