Top 10 4A Dl 2018 Football

RedRed

On 6/14/2018 at 2:21 PM, ctown81 said:

Van is capable of beating the top 3 on any given night. I say they get 3rd 

I will go as far as to say that if Carthage were to have that “rare off night”, Van could pull the upset, heck, even Henderson could; but to say that Van could beat Carthage “on any given Friday night” is stretching things a bit.....🤨

51 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I will go as far as to say that if Carthage were to have that “rare off night”, Van could pull the upset, heck, even Henderson could; but to say that Van could beat Carthage “on any given Friday night” is stretching things a bit.....🤨

Agreed

On 6/15/2018 at 7:57 PM, CarthDawg77 said:

I used the wrong choice of words. I agree with you 100%.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, Hlion said:

Take in mind they ain't ever had play the top three either.  Whole different level than playing Canton . I wouldn't count them out if they get the offense up to par. Defense is their strength from what I read.

True but they are not a CH or Palestine. If any of the top 3 get caught slipping it could definitely happen. 

• Like 1

Van lost a lot, but if they would’ve been in this district the last 4 years, they would’ve had a couple wins over Henderson, Carthage, or Kilgore. Maybe not all 3, but they would’ve sprinkled in the occasional win. I would say they could’ve won a game a year out of those 3. They are 39-10 since 2014. Beat Palestine 4 years in a row, beat Lindale 3 times, and Kaufman twice. Lost 2 close games to Kennedale who has won R2 the last 2 years. Van definitely has not seen the competition week in and week out they will see in this district, but I would bank on them beating atleast 1 of the big 3 on a yearly basis if this district stays together. Center and CH have wins over Kilgore. CH and Brownsboro have wins over Henderson. And Kilgore and Henderson both have multiple wins over Carthage since this district started in 2014. Do I think Van can win this district? No, I do not. Do I think they have a chance at 2-4? Yes, I do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 6:00 PM, RedRed said:

Melissa could be pretty dang salty 

Could be indeed. The offense should be amazing with some high caliber D1 recruits/commits at a couple of key positions. The defense was fairly good last year also but is gonna need to be even more fine tuned for D1 this year. And another year of staying clear of the injury bug makes a world of difference.

1 hour ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Could be indeed. The offense should be amazing with some high caliber D1 recruits/commits at a couple of key positions. The defense was fairly good last year also but is gonna need to be even more fine tuned for D1 this year. And another year of staying clear of the injury bug makes a world of difference.

I will say, I was impressed with the Melissa QB. You couldn't tell much by the score of the PG/Melissa game, but that kid you could tell was a star. He just didn't have the time he needed to get anything done. 

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I will say, I was impressed with the Melissa QB. You couldn't tell much by the score of the PG/Melissa game, but that kid you could tell was a star. He just didn't have the time he needed to get anything done. 

Yeah, he’s something else, hopefully he stays healthy cause he has a bright future ahead of him with the attention he’s gotten thus far. And PG was the real deal Holyfield that night for sure! lol

14 hours ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Yeah, he’s something else, hopefully he stays healthy cause he has a bright future ahead of him with the attention he’s gotten thus far. And PG was the real deal Holyfield that night for sure! lol

Yea them 2 big boys on the line were just monsters. They were sure fun to watch. I can only imagine being a PG fan and getting to see them all season, must have been a real treat. Reminds me of our #17 we had 3 years ago.