Proposal to ban train horns at football games

57 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I remember the very first time I ever hear a train horn in a high school football game, and it was an authentic one. Not one of those pretty chrome horns everyone has now. This was the real deal, and he hung it over the fence on the Marlin Bulldogs side in 2003 at Tyler Rose Stadium when Atlanta played them for the state championship. That horn sounded off twice, once at the beginning of the game, and once to start the second half, never again. This seems to happen a lot when we play Tatum as well. 

Huh?

• LOL! 1

On 6/7/2018 at 5:36 AM, trueblue82 said:

You must be a democrat. 

I am a Democrat and I think this proposal is straight BS! The only people you will find complaining about something as trivial as an air horn at the game is the losing team's fanbase. 

When your team is winning and scoring at will, you seem to not even recall a train horn. I guess, I'd have my lip stuck out and complaining about the train horn if we were getting our butts handed to us week in and week out, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Quick said:

I am a Democrat and I think this proposal is straight BS! The only people you will find complaining about something as trivial as an air horn at the game is the losing team's fanbase. 

When your team is winning and scoring at will, you seem to not even recall a train horn. I guess, I'd have my lip stuck out and complaining about the train horn if we were getting our butts handed to us week in and week out, too.

I stand corrected. I thought the last democrat who wasn’t a whiny-butt snowflake died last year. This is refreshing! 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

On 6/7/2018 at 6:31 PM, CENTEXFAN said:

Anybody ever hear Crawford's cannon.  If you are not used to it, and have PTSD.  You might want to skip that game.  

We heard it a lot every time we played them.  Gets old when you're with the team that's losing the game, but if the shoe was on the other foot.......  Like the others have said, if you don't like it keep them out of the end zone.  If the cannon/horn/etc. is being used in a sportsmanlike manner, I'm OK with it.  If not, penalty time.  After all, the guys operating it are representing the school whether they like it or not.

Hate to admit it, but I actually appreciate the originality of the cannon vs. a horn.  Something different.

On 6/15/2018 at 7:41 PM, Quick said:

Haven't lost a lot of games in Carthage the last few years, so I guess that ain't it....

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:40 AM, sumospud said:

We were at a playoff game against Lexington. They has the loudest horn. Most of the Arp fan were mad because the horn kept going off. I stated if you don't want to hear the horn shut them down. Well I can still hear that horn.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Spud

Yep.  The best way to stop the train horn is to have a good defense.  But, on that note...I do not like them!

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, JBizzle said:

Haven't lost a lot of games in Carthage the last few years, so I guess that ain't it....

Artificial noise ... for teams with fans that can't make noise on their own ...

• Thanks 2

On 6/13/2018 at 8:03 AM, trueblue82 said:

In other words, they are determined to do it, but want to use “safety” as the reason so they don’t look like a bunch of weenies. Too late. 

They might check out places like the city of Arp. Do the people who hang out downtown Arp, have more hearing aids than those that don't. How about Arp's homie does he have Hearing aids or ask you to repeat?

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, sackem said:

They might check out places like the city of Arp. Do the people who hang out downtown Arp, have more hearing aids than those that don't. How about Arp's homie does he have Hearing aids or ask you to repeat?

Huh? 

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Huh? 

do you need me to say it Louder or explain it? More trains come through Downtown Arp than most towns figured that if the horns were going to hurt someone it would show up in Arp as this is every day for 365 days, not 10 days a year. and the homie being Tiger 1995 If the horns were going to hurt someone Tiger 95 might be the first to get aid' 

23 minutes ago, sackem said:

do you need me to say it Louder or explain it? More trains come through Downtown Arp than most towns figured that if the horns were going to hurt someone it would show up in Arp as this is every day for 365 days, not 10 days a year. and the homie being Tiger 1995 If the horns were going to hurt someone Tiger 95 might be the first to get aid' 

You need to type louder so the people who have heard too many train horn blasts can read it. 

• LOL! 2

I can't knock any of it. I mean, I hear all the time how much visitors can't stand the "R-R-R-R-R-R-R-RRRRRAAAAAAAABBBBBBIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTSSSSSS" that our announcer says whenever they enter the field, score, or sometimes get a first down. Something I've been listening to for 20 years. 

On 6/23/2018 at 9:42 PM, bordertown said:

I will pass on train horns, castrated cat sounds, and “it’s another _______ first down” announcement by the PA announcer.

So, basically you don't plan on attending ANY games this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1