Frankston

Guess they are looking for another HC.  I think this is BS.  I feel for coaches. By reading up on this, how can this crazy parent claim neg. The kid said once he was injured, the HC came and asked was he alright, when the kid said he was missing teeth and hurt, the HC took him to the nurse, then he went to the DR.  What else was he supposed to do?   Tons of schools use tractor tires to train.     So should they get rid of weight because some kids have dropped weights on themselves..  Shameful   

http://www.easttexasmatters.com/news/local-news/frankston-isd-to-consider-action-on-separation-agreement-with-football-coach-athletic-director/1236550092

Go home and tell momma is the way to go now. I see no negligence on Coach Chase’s part except he was trying to get some girls a little stronger. We have been using tires in off season at least the last 15-20 years. Come on parents, wow!! I hope Frankston does the right thing and keep him, God knows they need a little stability.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I'm pretty sure they fired him because he failed to disclose on his application that he was named in a lawsuit for negligence.

And, girls flipping tractor tires up a hill is probably not a smart thing to do. Flipping them on flat ground is probably ok.

Like this? 

Summer Strength & Conditioning 🏋🏽‍♂️ https://t.co/6KcT0h3e7x

34 minutes ago, lynyrdskynyrd said:

The lawsuit was not filed when he was hired.  There was nothing to disclose.  Also, he wasn't fired.  You should know the whole story before you comment.  Presenting false information can be slander or liable.  You might want to be careful.   

Coach,coaches wife or coaches buddy,  you might want to do a little research on message boards and slander..  You aint getting anywhere with that.

But I agree on the first part of your post. Frankston is looking for another coach for a reason. They have been doing this every year or so for a while now. It is not a coincidence.  I watched a school board meeting on line a while back when the community was mad at the Supt. Reagan Roy from KETK was there. It was a cluster.

9 hours ago, 6922 said:

So that means anyone gets to say anything they want about someone else?

That's up to the message board owner....there is legal precedent regarding suits for slander and libel against message boards....and its usually not worth the time or energy and results in dismissal at Motion for Summary Judgment

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Late to begin a coaching search. Might be better off naming an interim for the season if they have someone capable on staff.

Good point ... and probably not real high on most people's list ...

coming off rough time ... suffered a shutout in one-half their games last year while allowing 39 pts per game.

however, although they were realigned into a big 8-team district, there's really only one true contender in the mix ... the rest is kinda wide open.

(unless JJ is right and Arp really has 27 D-I prospects on the roster)

frankson.jpg

7 hours ago, uniballer said:

So where do I send my resume?

For real though, this is a job that some young, first time coach is going to jump on and run with.  I hope they can get this thing figured out.

This will be a Retire Rehire, older, established, responsible hire. Somebody with no skeletons in the closet. 

Can't imagine anyone who has ever been a head coach before would want to take this job.  It has been such a train wreck that they would have to pay someone with experience a lot more than normal.  I would think they would find a young guy who is eager to take his first job.  Just my opinion, but I see your side of it.  Make the safe play.

Kerry Strong? Or Mike Thomas?