Frankston

2 hours ago, bignasty said:

I’ve been doing this a long time. 

A few things I am sure of is this.....  if you have large numbers of employees leaving year after year then maybe the leadership at the top is the issue.   Wonder if Frankston does those Campus surveys that pin point the moral of the employees.   Would be interesting to see the results of one of those surveys from Frankston.

Mike Thomas and Kerry Strong wouldn’t touch this job with a ten foot pole.   

Now I would love to see Dennis Alexander in this job.  He would tell the top man (Supt) what he really thinks .   Supt/Asst. Supt/HS-JH principle need to look in mirror and realize they are the major issue in Frankston

Isn't the Superintendent here a nut case? Been through several AD's the past couple of years?

That's funny because they didn't even post the job anywhere. He should have stayed at Jacksonville as the OL coach. Frankston is a mess and will take lots of work to fix things. A few weeks ago the Supt. wrote a article in the local paper pointing fingers at individuals and telling everyone to join his bandwagon. He promised to led Frankston to the "Academia" promise land. I think it was titled " Our Kids Are Watching". Well, kids are watching. Lets see what you do now Frankston. 

• Like 1

Every public school coach and teacher has learned that they are ALWAYS one administrative hire away from turning a good job into a bad one.

Every community has learned that even though it is their school and their community, when you bring somebody in, the community and school is always one hire away from having to take years to repair the damage done by a narcissistic micro-managing administrator.

And unfortunately, in today's world this type of superintendent is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

Keep in mind that the average time a sup spends in one location is 2-to-3 years ... then the community is left to pick up the pieces after a couple of years of negative handy work.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bignasty said:

A few things I am sure of is this.....  if you have large numbers of employees leaving year after year then maybe the leadership at the top is the issue.   Wonder if Frankston does those Campus surveys that pin point the moral of the employees.   Would be interesting to see the results of one of those surveys from Frankston.

Most do ... but when you encounter an administrator who knows that THEY have all the answers, he probably could care less what teachers' opinions and feelings are.  It's MY WAY or TRAILWAYS, for I am on the way to part the Red Sea and save you from your ignorant selves.

Paul Gould officially the Head FB @ Frankston. Could be the AD after the next board meeting. They also announced Sebastian Stargill as the new Head Baseball coach. I can see Gould taking this job. He has the experience to do a good job. But to hire the young man for the Head Baseball job is a head scratcher. He has no experience in public schools. Not even sure if he is certified to be a teacher in Texas. The Superintendent make all the calls in Frankston when it come to hiring ( So I'm Told). He will be the one to answer for all of the shady dealing he does when hiring coaches. None of the jobs were posted on any website. I may be wrong , but jobs have to be posted for 10 days before a hire can be made. I hope the kids in Frankston come out and participate in all sports. It's not their fault that the adults in the school district are acting like spoiled kids.

Who is Sebastian Stargill?   Where is he coming from?

You would think the new coach would get the chance to hire his own staff.   Gonna take some luck to get people to come to Frankston.

So your telling me the Supt does all the hiring .    

20 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Who is Sebastian Stargill?   Where is he coming from?

You would think the new coach would get the chance to hire his own staff.   Gonna take some luck to get people to come to Frankston.

So your telling me the Supt does all the hiring .    

From FISD website:  “Frankston High School’s next head baseball coach has a name that will be familiar to longtime fans of the sport. Sebastian Stargell comes to Frankston by way of the Houston Astros Youth Academy, where he’s spent the past three years grooming select high school athletes to become better hitters and outfielders. He is the grand-nephew of Hall of Fame Pittsburgh Pirate Willie Stargell, and his father is a veteran coach in the collegiate ranks.

“Sebastian is one of the most dedicated and hardest working coaches I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with,” said Daryl Wade, Director of High School Talent Development for the Houston Astros, and a Texas State UIL Executive Committee Member. “He’s really made a positive impact on the Astros development organization and I expect him to do the same in Frankston ISD. And I want to add that the Frankston kids better get ready to work, because Coach Stargell is all about developing the fundamentals and creating the foundation that builds championship players.”

Stargell brings a wealth of playing and coaching experience to Frankston, having earned two varsity letters with the Texas Southern University baseball team. Stargell earned his degree in 2013.

In addition to coaching within the Astros’ organization, Stargell has worked as assistant baseball coach for Prairie View A&M University, and Wiley College, where he served as assistant to head baseball coach Ryan Goodwin.”

I wonder if anyone informed Mr. Stargell that he will get his players a couple of months out of the year and then they are on their own. Not much time for:  " And I want to add that the Frankston kids better get ready to work, because Coach Stargell is all about developing the fundamentals and creating the foundation that builds championship players.”

On 7/5/2018 at 3:40 PM, DoorMat said:

None of the jobs were posted on any website. I may be wrong , but jobs have to be posted for 10 days before a hire can be made. 

The whole thing is crazy anyway, but I do think they can technically "post" them at the admin building, etc. It doesn't have to be on a website.

On 7/5/2018 at 3:40 PM, DoorMat said:

Paul Gould officially the Head FB @ Frankston. Could be the AD after the next board meeting. They also announced Sebastian Stargill as the new Head Baseball coach. I can see Gould taking this job. He has the experience to do a good job. But to hire the young man for the Head Baseball job is a head scratcher. He has no experience in public schools. Not even sure if he is certified to be a teacher in Texas. The Superintendent make all the calls in Frankston when it come to hiring ( So I'm Told). He will be the one to answer for all of the shady dealing he does when hiring coaches. None of the jobs were posted on any website. I may be wrong , but jobs have to be posted for 10 days before a hire can be made. I hope the kids in Frankston come out and participate in all sports. It's not their fault that the adults in the school district are acting like spoiled kids.

I think they have to be posted for 10 days on at least 2 job boards.  I may be mistaken though

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:36 AM, DOB said:

Every public school coach and teacher has learned that they are ALWAYS one administrative hire away from turning a good job into a bad one.

Every community has learned that even though it is their school and their community, when you bring somebody in, the community and school is always one hire away from having to take years to repair the damage done by a narcissistic micro-managing administrator.

And unfortunately, in today's world this type of superintendent is becoming the norm rather than the exception.

Keep in mind that the average time a sup spends in one location is 2-to-3 years ... then the community is left to pick up the pieces after a couple of years of negative handy work.

This statement is so true. So many times a school can be a place that is known as a good place to work as a coach or a teacher . Then someone that has not been a superintendent very long will come in and want to do drastic changes so that he can use that for his next job if the changes workout. Another school in the area is going through something similar like this now. It does not matter the families that it affects as long as in the long run the narcissistic micro managing administrator gets his way.

Just remember... the local school board (which is elected by the residents of the school district) have one job... - Hire the superintendent to run the school and then support him/her, or remove him/her and find a replacement.

If the community is upset enough (majority) then the democratic process is set up to fix the problem in a civil manner. The community should assemble, communicate, and elect a board of trustees that represents the beliefs and ideas of the community.

Good luck to the Frankston community. I hope you guys get things working and you get folks back on the same page.

ps.... it's not an easy process, but it is the only process that works