SFA Head Coach Suspended

Stoney

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

University policy is pretty broad ain’t it?

Yes and University Policy, not NCAA Policy. Aparrently he had an issue with University Policy at Central Arkansas (Employee relationship variety).

• Like 1

Just now, TxFight said:

May be the beginning of the end of the conque era at SFA either way. I think it is safe to say he has not been the homerun hire they thought they made. 

There wont be a lot of sad alumni if he is let go...

9 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I chatted with him few days ago. Hope they build a pipeline down here with Port Arthur Memorial. I was surprised he left Florida. 

Before I knew which Barbay it was, I knew he was a huge get. When I read his bio and saw what he has done, SFA needs to hold on as long as they can. I dont think he is quite ready for the head job yet, but a promotion of some sort needs to be in line after the season to keep him.

As for Conque, all signs point to this being another inappropriate employee relationship. 

Traylor would absolutely be the homerun hire, but I don’t think it’s in his best interest to take it. Imo, if being a Power 5 HC is his goal, becoming a consistent OC then getting a HC gig from there is his best bet. Being the HC at SFA would better prepare him for running a program, but he would get a HC gig quicker by staying at the D1 level imo. He would have to be successful for 4 years at SFA then probably take a job like Houston and then end up somewhere better after another 2-4 years, where as becoming an OC in D1, he might shave 3 years off that if he does well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Traylor would absolutely be the homerun hire, but I don’t think it’s in his best interest to take it. Imo, if being a Power 5 HC is his goal, becoming a consistent OC then getting a HC gig from there is his best bet. Being the HC at SFA would better prepare him for running a program, but he would get a HC gig quicker by staying at the D1 level imo. He would have to be successful for 4 years at SFA then probably take a job like Houston and then end up somewhere better after another 2-4 years, where as becoming an OC in D1, he might shave 3 years off that if he does well. 

Go somewhere where you don’t have that huge SHSU hurdle to jump...

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

Go somewhere where you don’t have that huge SHSU hurdle to jump...

Hurdle isn't as big as it seems...Conque has done a good job of rebuilding the roster. The next guy to take over is walking into a good situation.