The Smoakhouse Forums

SFA Head Coach Suspended

38 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I was on campus at Sam last fall. Granted, I was not able to take a full campus tour (my daughter was trying to decide between Sam and SFA), because we were only there for a few hours on Saturday. That’s why I was asking. I didn’t have time to look past the window dressing. 

One of the things that will continue to make Huntsville area grow will be when the approved Interstate 14 is built. This will run from College Station back east into Louisiana -Mississippi 

Supposed to cross 45 on N Side of Huntsville 

Also I-45 is being made 6 lanes through the area to accommodate the growth.

SFA needs to find a way to increase enrollment and quickly. I would love to see their football program strong also. It would improve the Conference overall.

A strong SFA program would also make the Battle of the Piney woods at NRG even bigger.

Right now there are usually 25-28k fans there but 19-20 are in Orange. 35-40 and evenly split would make for a better event.

• Like 2
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

May be the beginning of the end of the conque era at SFA either way. I think it is safe to say he has not been the homerun hire they thought they made. 

I can only imagine the number of posts in this thread by a few certain people had it been the A&M coach suspended LOL

One of the things that will continue to make Huntsville area grow will be when the approved Interstate 14 is built. This will run from College Station back east into Louisiana -Mississippi  Suppo

I'll post my thoughts on the differences later when I get to my computer, but in short form, SFA needs a change at the top. Baker Patillo did great things, but it is time for new blood and a new vision. The new student center is great and the STEM building is amazing, but enrollment is a hot topic right now. I think athletics has their guy in Ryan Ivey and he will help take our athletic program to a new level with basketball leading the way. Facilities and fundraising are priority #1 for Ivey and they should be.

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I was on campus at Sam last fall. Granted, I was not able to take a full campus tour (my daughter was trying to decide between Sam and SFA), because we were only there for a few hours on Saturday. That’s why I was asking. I didn’t have time to look past the window dressing. 

So, I'm assuming she picked sfa? 

2 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

One of the things that will continue to make Huntsville area grow will be when the approved Interstate 14 is built. This will run from College Station back east into Louisiana -Mississippi 

Supposed to cross 45 on N Side of Huntsville 

Also I-45 is being made 6 lanes through the area to accommodate the growth.

SFA needs to find a way to increase enrollment and quickly. I would love to see their football program strong also. It would improve the Conference overall.

A strong SFA program would also make the Battle of the Piney woods at NRG even bigger.

Right now there are usually 25-28k fans there but 19-20 are in Orange. 35-40 and evenly split would make for a better event.

North of Brookview neighborhood?