Dave Campbell's 3AD1 Pre-Season Rankings

H3llR4z0r

29 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Someone on a mission still couldn't care less can't take my post count yeah #2 lol or my longevity 2002. Of course I wouldn't be disappointed if I could catch a couple of Mercy likes to get into the positive just saying...... I promise I spell good 

Question of the day - To like or poop bomb?

• LOL! 3
  • Stinks 1

1 hour ago, Hlion said:

LoL heck yeah but seriously do I have to be willing to say nice things about Carthage or central Texas? 

Love Carthage uniforms, they have the Goat in Coaching . Central Texas is beautiful . Umm that's all I got .... 

You can do better than that.  This is your Smoaky rating for crying out load!  How about “Carthage has the potential to three-peat this year”.  Or “Carthage will reload in 2018”.  Or “I wish my Lions were more like the Dawgs”.   I believe you could get back to positive numbers really quick with some posts like this.  Just saying......

To answer the question about the move from region 3 to region 2

The only difference I see is its not quiet as deep as 3 was the last 4 years. That being said this new Region 2 is much stronger than the Region 2 of the past two years.

With Atlanta,Tatum,  Gladewater and West Rusk added in. I also know that Jefferson is much improved and could be turning the corner.

The new Region 2 could be deeper than the current Region 3 is. That is debatable but very possible

As to some of the other comments I have never known us to be picked as some said to win the state title. We have been a fairly consistent Top 10 team the past few years. 

Also I have not seen the new Dave Campbell's but I hear it touted the Kemp Yellow jackets as the fastest team in 3A 

51 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I would say half or a little less than half play both ways. Depth might be an issue with the jump from D2 to D1, but there will be some younger talent that can come in and make plays! 

Our QB plays both sides of the ball, but he is so talented at safety that it’s almost a must to have him on the field! 

We have the same issue. Our QB is actually, imo, a better defensive player than QB. 

The funniest thing just happened. Some of you may know, some not, that I own an Auto Parts store in Atlanta. Well, I was calling Cummins Southern Plains in Arlington today, and told the guy where I was from, and he said "OHHH, THE ATLANTA RABBITS." I said "Yea, how do you know about us?" He said "In 1997, I was competing in long jump, and I broke the Texas state record in 3A for long jump, and the next guy up was from Atlanta, and he beat my jump. I held the record for 3A long jump in Texas for 5 minutes. I will never forget Atlanta." He is from Crockett, and apparently has a cousin on the team that's 6'8". 

Just goes to show you how small the world is. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 10:25 AM, KellyLeak said:

Remember, Malakoff is relatively new to this winning football tradition. Entering year 10, 11, or 12 of being lead by Coach Driskell. I can’t remember. Malakoff was 1-19 before that. I’ve seen the overall record, don’t remember it exactly, but it’s stupid numbers. 

In the old days, I coached with, around, and against a couple of generations of the Driskell Clan and so I would never sell a Driskell coached team short ... but I still feel Atlanta is primed and ready for anything the region can throw at 'em ... however, we shall see ... looking back at similar situations, I have seen as many coaches mess up what they had in the stable as make the winner's circle ... it's a long year and old Mo can sure make weird stuff happen ... like I've noticed many times, an odd shape ball can bounce funny.

Looks like Malakoff will be starting a sophomore QB this year, as the junior that most expected to take over has moved. This sophomore kid is a good one though. We will just have to see how quickly he picks it up at the varsity level.

46 minutes ago, gameday88 said:

Looks like Malakoff will be starting a sophomore QB this year, as the junior that most expected to take over has moved. This sophomore kid is a good one though. We will just have to see how quickly he picks it up at the varsity level.

Well that's not good. Hopefully he can pick right up, but there will probably be some definite growing pains. Atlanta hasn't started a Soph. QB since Chase Musgrove, and that was a shaky sophomore start. 

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Well that's not good. Hopefully he can pick right up, but there will probably be some definite growing pains. Atlanta hasn't started a Soph. QB since Chase Musgrove, and that was a shaky sophomore start. 

Chase was a good one!!!

I know y'all could probably care less, but I think it absolutely awesome that Rickey Hatley is doing something to give back to his community, and his roots. So many athletes move on and never really come back to where they came from, but Mr. Hatley is coming back and giving back to the athelets/kids. Awesome to see!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Gah he was a ball player. Andy doesn't have the arm Chase had, but he's got the running ability. Chase was just so fun to watch though. 

Chase was smart too and he might not have been the fastest guy but he could make plays with his feet if needed.

6 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Chase was smart too and he might not have been the fastest guy but he could make plays with his feet if needed.

Yea he always seemed to know right when to run, or could make enough time to throw. 

On 7/13/2018 at 3:09 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

I know y'all could probably care less, but I think it absolutely awesome that Rickey Hatley is doing something to give back to his community, and his roots. So many athletes move on and never really come back to where they came from, but Mr. Hatley is coming back and giving back to the athelets/kids. Awesome to see!

Trent Williams is another that comes back and gives to the community. Five years running free camps for Longview Area youth. A true rarity it seems for Area pro players.  

On 7/6/2018 at 10:15 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

I wonder how well Atlanta will fare come track season in 3A. We're never good at basketball, though I'm not sure it's because our kids are intimidated. We've just never had a basketball team to boast about. Baseball has it's ins and outs. Track though... 

Rabbits are always fast.