Dave Campbell's 3AD1 Pre-Season Rankings

H3llR4z0r

17 minutes ago, sackem said:

back to the subject at hand who does DC pick as top 4 from District 7 & 8?

3ADI  district 7   1.Atlanta 2.Mount Vernon 3.Jefferson 4.Hughes Springs              district 8   1. New London West Rusk 2.Tatum 3.Gladewater 4.Mineola

Carrying it one step further into Bi-District

Eagle 8                                            DC

Atlanta v White Oak                     Atlanta v Mineola

Jefferson v WWW                        Mt. V v GW

Mt. Vernon v GW                         Jefferson v Tatum

Tatum v Hughes Springs           WWW v Hughes Springs

whichever scenario you look at I can see District 8  winning 3 of the 4 

8 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I think thats about right either 4 or maybe 3

Yea, Matt already said that Rockdale got the state championship kiss. They lost their real play-maker to graduation so I'm not sure how they'll do without him. 

6 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yea, Matt already said that Rockdale got the state championship kiss. They lost their real play-maker to graduation so I'm not sure how they'll do without him. 

New QB and a new OC, i forsee a move back to the I and a Pro Style offense for Rockdale. This will not be the same Rockdale team. It will either be Franklin, Diboll or Woodville coming out of Region 3, IMO.

On 7/17/2018 at 1:09 PM, sackem said:

Carrying it one step further into Bi-District

Eagle 8                                            DC

Atlanta v White Oak                     Atlanta v Mineola

Jefferson v WWW                        Mt. V v GW

Mt. Vernon v GW                         Jefferson v Tatum

Tatum v Hughes Springs           WWW v Hughes Springs

whichever scenario you look at I can see District 8  winning 3 of the 4 

I like Eagle8's scenario. We haven't played WO in my lifetime, or my dad's lifetime LOL. My grandpa used to tell me stories though when he was in school ('46, '47), that Atlanta used to beat every school they played around here. They'd win all the games they were supposed to, then drive to WO and get absolutely beat down. He said them White Oak boys in those days were big, mean, and the real deal. 

45 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I like Eagle8's scenario. We haven't played WO in my lifetime, or my dad's lifetime LOL. My grandpa used to tell me stories though when he was in school ('46, '47), that Atlanta used to beat every school they played around here. They'd win all the games they were supposed to, then drive to WO and get absolutely beat down. He said them White Oak boys in those days were big, mean, and the real deal. 

There have been some great players come out of White Oak. 

On 7/13/2018 at 12:36 PM, H3llR4z0r said:

Now that I think about it though, we haven't had a really stellar QB since Musgrove either... 

I loved those Musgrove to Jeremy Smith passes and it was unfair to unleash Tyrell and Jeremy that next year. Layton wasn't bad but he would have rather played defense. I remember him dragging five Hawks from the 20 to the one by himself lol.

36 minutes ago, CassCounty903 said:

I loved those Musgrove to Jeremy Smith passes and it was unfair to unleash Tyrell and Jeremy that next year. Layton wasn't bad but he would have rather played defense. I remember him dragging five Hawks from the 20 to the one by himself lol.

Man he was a load to bring down, for how big he was. I won't forget him running in for a touchdown against Tatum and laying some dude out on the goal line. I have that picture somewhere.

On 7/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, playactionpass39 said:

New QB and a new OC, i forsee a move back to the I and a Pro Style offense for Rockdale. This will not be the same Rockdale team. It will either be Franklin, Diboll or Woodville coming out of Region 3, IMO.

Keeping the OC hire in house was critical for Rockdale, which won’t take them away from a balanced spread offense. The next QB coming up for us has ran the system since his junior high career, played WR for us this past year as a sophomore. Solid kid who has his work cut out for him this year, but shouldn’t be too wide-eyed taking the snaps. 

5 hours ago, Tigers89 said:

Keeping the OC hire in house was critical for Rockdale, which won’t take them away from a balanced spread offense. The next QB coming up for us has ran the system since his junior high career, played WR for us this past year as a sophomore. Solid kid who has his work cut out for him this year, but shouldn’t be too wide-eyed taking the snaps. 

Now we've got some Rockdale fans in here. How's Rockdale's pre-district schedule looking?

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Now we've got some Rockdale fans in here. How's Rockdale's pre-district schedule looking?

Not too bad, we’ve got some familiar faces we’ve seen over the years. 4A D2 Giddings and Caldwell, Austin Hyde Park and then 3A D2 power Lexington. Hyde Park is the only one out of those 4 who I have no idea about. 

16 hours ago, Tigers89 said:

Not too bad, we’ve got some familiar faces we’ve seen over the years. 4A D2 Giddings and Caldwell, Austin Hyde Park and then 3A D2 power Lexington. Hyde Park is the only one out of those 4 who I have no idea about. 

Giddings is usually stout. Lexington seemed to do really well last year. Caldwell will be a flex game. Not familiar with Hyde Park. 

9 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Giddings is usually stout. Lexington seemed to did really well last year. Caldwell will be a flex game. Not familiar with Hyde Park. 

Lexington is pre-season ranked pretty high almost every year, but they generally falter a couple of rounds deep in the playoffs ...

8 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Lexington is pre-season ranked pretty high almost every year, but they generally falter a couple of rounds deep in the playoffs ...

Yeah, they got a hell of RB coming back though I do believe.