Last Chance U Season 3

Stoney

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

Man that qb  Malik Henry is a piece of work.  

I’m one episode in and wow!! I don’t think Buddy Stephens would have handled that first game like that.

• Like 1

Who all has watched the whole season and who hasn’t? Can we talk about this without spoiling it for anybody? Cause this might be the most bat guano season yet. I can see why they’ve been a bottom feeder. Dysfunction is rampant.

18 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Who all has watched the whole season and who hasn’t? Can we talk about this without spoiling it for anybody? Cause this might be the most bat guano season yet. I can see why they’ve been a bottom feeder. Dysfunction is rampant.

I’ve got two episodes left.

I like the contrast that they have going though. EMCC was an already established power, and Independence has a lot of growing pains.

• Like 1

I’m trying to figure out if the players are dysfunctional because of the coaching staff or the coaching staff is because of the players? Players calling their own plays. Not taking a knee. Heck the punter telling them to take a safety over punting from their end zone. It’s weird.

I finished episode 3 and I'm not as interested in it as much as I was with EMCC...

Hate to be that guy, but the cussing is out of control. I guess I didn't mind it with the last 2 seasons because Buddy Stephens was so entertaining, but everything seems forced with this new coach. The players are dumb as bricks too...

16 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I finished episode 3 and I'm not as interested in it as much as I was with EMCC...

Hate to be that guy, but the cussing is out of control. I guess I didn't mind it with the last 2 seasons because Buddy Stephens was so entertaining, but everything seems forced with this new coach. The players are dumb as bricks too...

Coach is a “original G”. He’s from Compton.

24 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

These kids aren't playing JUCO ball because they are "smart"... If the coaching staff doesn't understand that, then they need to go.

Rakeem Boyd is proving all the rumors true so far. Holy cow. Million dollar body, 10 cent brain.

Alright, I'm on episode 6. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I'm really into the player vs coach dilemma. I keep going back and forth with who I side with. The coach is an ### and qb Malik Henry is a stuck up kid. Makes for good entertainment.

45 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Alright, I'm on episode 6. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I'm really into the player vs coach dilemma. I keep going back and forth with who I side with. The coach is an ### and qb Malik Henry is a stuck up kid. Makes for good entertainment.

I picked the coach.

3 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I watched through episode 2 last night, and at this point Henry is ridiculously stuck up. Guess it may change for me in a couple of episodes. 

15 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I watched through episode 2 last night, and at this point Henry is ridiculously stuck up. Guess it may change for me in a couple of episodes. 

You find yourself kinda rooting for the kid. From what I got, his dad forced him to play football when he wanted to pursue baseball. Just a really unhappy kid.

• Thanks 1

Alright. I watched episodes 3, 4, and 5 last night (little binge), and I'm just not sure about Henry. I'm not saying I agree with the way Brown coaches entirely, but Henry brings a lot on himself. He checks into his own play calls sometimes, and when he started back talking and borderline fighting Coach Brown, that's just a bit far. Even if you don't agree with the coach, you don't talk to him like that. 

That being said, I can understand why the WR coach acted the way he did. Not sure I agree with the coach just walking around telling, for instance, the WR coach that his "Wideouts are trash." 

They have some major problems at QB though lol. 1st string is a spoiled, punk kid, and the 2nd string is completely oblivious to anything football related apparently!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

You find yourself kinda rooting for the kid. From what I got, his dad forced him to play football when he wanted to pursue baseball. Just a really unhappy kid.

Yea looks like he wanted to play baseball instead of football. But, that's not the coaches, or the team's fault, and they're suffering because of it. He's not listening, and not being a coachable player. He thinks just because he was under Fisher for a short period of time, that he knows it all. 

8 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yea looks like he wanted to play baseball instead of football. But, that's not the coaches, or the team's fault, and they're suffering because of it. He's not listening, and not being a coachable player. He thinks just because he was under Fisher for a short period of time, that he knows it all. 

I agree. And I think with him going to 3 (4?) high schools, he doesn't know anything about committing to a team. I like the QB coach trying to take him under his wing as much as he can, but I don't see him going on to play for a D1 school, or any school for that matter. His attitude is one of the worst I've seen.

12 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Alright. I watched episodes 3, 4, and 5 last night (little binge), and I'm just not sure about Henry. I'm not saying I agree with the way Brown coaches entirely, but Henry brings a lot on himself. He checks into his own play calls sometimes, and when he started back talking and borderline fighting Coach Brown, that's just a bit far. Even if you don't agree with the coach, you don't talk to him like that. 

That being said, I can understand why the WR coach acted the way he did. Not sure I agree with the coach just walking around telling, for instance, the WR coach that his "Wideouts are trash." 

They have some major problems at QB though lol. 1st string is a spoiled, punk kid, and the 2nd string is completely oblivious to anything football related apparently!

How that 2nd string qb started in HS is BEYOND me...