Last Chance U Season 3

Stoney

4 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

How that 2nd string qb started in HS is BEYOND me...

LOL you ain't kidding. I mean, when your Brown, what do you do? You have one kid that's constantly back talking, trying to call his own plays, and Bea is your 2nd string. I mean, do you take the L to prove a point, or what?

Three episodes in and the word of the season is...Dysfunctional...

Henry seems like a kid with mental issues. Maybe it is depression, but he seems off. Too up and down. The running backs are primadonnas as well. 

Not a fan of the coaching staff. The running back and quarterbacks coach are both idiots. Brown is different. He knows how to talk to the kids, but he seems just as demeaning as Buddy Stephens was. 

Favorites are Carlos Thompson and Bobby Bruce. Thompson was a #### early but has become a leader. Bruce is trying hard to do well. Easy to pull for the guy...

23 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

LOL you ain't kidding. I mean, when your Brown, what do you do? You have one kid that's constantly back talking, trying to call his own plays, and Bea is your 2nd string. I mean, do you take the L to prove a point, or what?

I think you do, but Brown is obsessed with winning so he won't do that as much as he likes to talk about it haha

56 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Three episodes in and the word of the season is...Dysfunctional...

Henry seems like a kid with mental issues. Maybe it is depression, but he seems off. Too up and down. The running backs are primadonnas as well. 

Not a fan of the coaching staff. The running back and quarterbacks coach are both idiots. Brown is different. He knows how to talk to the kids, but he seems just as demeaning as Buddy Stephens was. 

Favorites are Carlos Thompson and Bobby Bruce. Thompson was a #### early but has become a leader. Bruce is trying hard to do well. Easy to pull for the guy...

I like Emmitt, I think he's the defensive end. He's a good player, makes some bonehead decisions on the field but he's got a lot of potential.

18 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Like Emmitt, I think he's the defensive end. He's a good player, makes some bonehead decisions on the field but he's got a lot of potential.

I like Emmitt a lot too. Reminds me of the Penn State kid from EMCC last season

I can’t wait until the end to see how many of the staff leave. It’s gotta be high. I’ll say this for the qb coach. To put up with Brown for free and a cot, man you gotta love some football or be a glutton for punishment.

I think a lot of y’all are hitting it on the head about Henry. He’s got the physical tools to play football but the heart ain’t there. When the kid looked his happiest was when he talking about playing baseball. I’m sure this kid was 5*, Can’t miss prospect in HS.

I didn’t realize that about the 5 year clock and having to play D2 football, if you time out like Carlos Thompson. 

And just how many Caddy’s and beach houses does one man need?

Finished the season last night. I enjoyed the bonus episode about EMCC and the where are they now. After a year of Jason Brown, I really missed Buddy. It was really sad getting the updates on Isaiah Wright, but happy to hear about Ollie getting his act together.

11 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Finished the season last night. I enjoyed the bonus episode about EMCC and the where are they now. After a year of Jason Brown, I really missed Buddy. It was really sad getting the updates on Isaiah Wright, but happy to hear about Ollie getting his act together.

Yea EMCC was way better to follow. ICC is just a dumpster fire man. I mean, I kind of like the story. Brown is from Compton, and has made a name for himself, but he's a rough one for sure. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yea EMCC was way better to follow. ICC is just a dumpster fire man. I mean, I kind of like the story. Brown is from Compton, and has made a name for himself, but he's a rough one for sure. 

I remember the hell storm that followed after Buddy when on his thug rant season one. Doesn't hold a candle to a Wednesday practice with Brown.

• Like 1

I made it to episode 7 last night. Not trying to spoil anything, but I do start to gain more respect for Coach Brown. He actually shows a human side. 

I was looking on Twitter last night, and I saw where one of Kingston Davis' cousin was posting a picture of his grades (which were still mediocre at best), saying "Where his bad grades at now?" It's crazy that he thinks they would deliberately fail him. Literally every time Kingston Davis touched the ball, he fumbled. Yea, he probably should have gotten more touches, and ICC probably did over-recruit at the position. But, his attitude is horrible, he puts forth zero effort, and of course, he fumbles. 

I am glad the players start to take notice of how Henry acts. That's a direct reason why there is almost no chemistry on the team. I just don't know what I would do if I was Coach Brown. Henry just needs to be sent home. He has zero respect for anybody, not just the coaches. I like the QB coaches enthusiasm, but as coach Brown says, these kids will leave you hanging. I feel like he's going to be one of those that leaves him hanging. 

That whole program is so unorganized and complete chaos. That's the only thing I agreed with Henry on in episode 4 when he called out coach Brown. I don't agree how he did it obviously, but he wasn't wrong. Brown doesn't know his players. He assumes cussing them out encourages them to prove him wrong, but not every player responds to that. As a coach, you have to know how to lead and that starts with knowing your players. 

• Like 1

Who made it to the last episode of the season? Anybody notice how Henry looks when his dad and I guess his personal trainer are talking about his goals? That kid looks miserable.

And holy crud, the where are they know segment. I was shocked at how that turned out.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Who made it to the last episode of the season? Anybody notice how Henry looks when his dad and I guess his personal trainer are talking about his goals? That kid looks miserable.

And holy crud, the where are they know segment. I was shocked at how that turned out.

All the kid hears is negative comments and critiques. It has to just wear on him. I actually feel sympathetic for him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

All the kid hears is negative comments and critiques. It has to just wear on him. I actually feel sympathetic for him...

It's pretty obvious he is depressed. I think it goes back to his dad making the decision for him in high school.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

It's pretty obvious he is depressed. I think it goes back to his dad making the decision for him in high school.

I agree with Y’all. I think a part of his outbursts are a hope that he’ll get kicked off the team. His dad is doing a major Marinovich job on him. 19,20 years old and not being able to do what you want to do (baseball) and your dad still calling the shots on your life? That’s not gonna end well. And the dad? Saying he should have took a semester off but doubted he’d come back to football. That should tell him something. 

I finished episode 7 last night, and hopefully will finish up the series tonight. 

The HC is something else!! Wow!! 

The QB Henry is a punk...plain & simple imho 

Like somebody said previously, the team as a whole is dysfunctional. 

The cursing in this show is unreal...too much. 

11 hours ago, TTman7 said:

He is? If so, that's good. He's one of the ones I was rooting for. 

He has been posting on Twitter back on campus and pictures with teammates. Per an article I read somewhere, the charges may have been dropped...