Official 2018-2019 East Texas 5A Sports Thread

cujoforlife

24 minutes ago, ETxFB299 said:

What’s Nac got returning next year?   How did the JV do?   Heard yalls coach is retiring.  Leaving on a high note? (5-5)

Nac. only had like 9 Seniors(only 3 starters), everyone else was Sophomores and Juniors. 

5-5 after a 1-9 season is a 4 game improvement and a playoff birth. JV wasn't great, but most of the good sophomores were on Varsity.  Haven't heard a word about anyone going anywhere as of yet, there has been rumor for the past 3 years he was leaving after each year. I would guess he at least finishes off the group that are going to be seniors next year. When he does decide to "re-retire" it will be from coaching only, I am sure he would remain the AD.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Nac. only had like 9 Seniors(only 3 starters), everyone else was Sophomores and Juniors. 

5-5 after a 1-9 season is a 4 game improvement and a playoff birth. JV wasn't great, but most of the good sophomores were on Varsity.  Haven't heard a word about anyone going anywhere as of yet, there has been rumor for the past 3 years he was leaving after each year. I would guess he at least finishes off the group that are going to be seniors next year. When he does decide to "re-retire" it will be from coaching only, I am sure he would remain the AD.

Will his son take over when he retires?

Nac needs new blood.   A younger coach that can get those kids to play.  I seen them in 7 on 7.  They have talent.  We played Tyler Lee and Nac.  Nac is equal on talent.  They need someone who can corral those kids.  I would love to see football at Nac be good!! 

14 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Hey, I have not gone anywhere.  Just be glad that you don't have to play Texas High.  They would have won your district and would have been playing in the playoffs in Division 2.  No brag, just fact...

You’re drunk. Go back to bed. 

We would have whipped y’all harder than anyone else in our district. 

On principle alone. 

Just for you. 

54 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

You’re drunk. Go back to bed. 

We would have whipped y’all harder than anyone else in our district. 

On principle alone. 

Just for you. 

I know he couldn’t have been serious lol. Did he not just see what happen in the district they were just in lmao. 

On 12/12/2018 at 10:37 PM, ETxFB299 said:

Nac needs new blood.   A younger coach that can get those kids to play.  I seen them in 7 on 7.  They have talent.  We played Tyler Lee and Nac.  Nac is equal on talent.  They need someone who can corral those kids.  I would love to see football at Nac be good!! 

Nac. does have talent, and always has, Reyes has done more with this program than anyone in the last 20 years. New blood doesn't always mean better, there is a community dynamic to contend with that young coaches aren't necessarily prepared to deal with. I am willing to give Reyes a few years being in control of the athletic department to see what can be built. Up until last year the tennis coach was the athletic director and nothing was spent on the football program. The improvements to the stadium, on top of playoff appearances have began to increase the excitement for our high school team. 

19 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Nac is, and has always been sorry.  Man up and beat Lufkin at least once in your sorry existence.  Same for you Marshall, beat Longview for once an then get back to me.  Beam me up Scotty!

Get back to me when you actually man up and play a team the caliber of Longview in non district every year.  

Playing the Blind School of Texarkana, Arkansas  and Maude in September is embarrassing. 

57 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Get back to me when you actually man up and play a team the caliber of Longview in non district every year.  

Playing the Blind School of Texarkana, Arkansas  and Maude in September is embarrassing. 

I mean...they did play Pflugerville Hendrickson this year...

10 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

The last time Marshall played Arkansas High the refs cheated for you to win.  We don't play 2A schools.  You all can't even have a successful scrimmage against LE.  I would like to play you every year. You are full of fake news and alternative lies...

Turn off the CNN, Nancy Snowflake  

You need a visit to Rusk State Hospital. 

We last beat Arkansas High 56-28. 

Dont even know the difference between a lie and a truth. 

Maude still says hi. 

14 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Is that the best you can come up with?  Tell your Maude I said howdy!  You are already 0 and 2 for 2019...a knock-off version of a real Longhorn...

I'd rather start the season 0-2 and end  at 8-2 than start 2-0 and end 3-7 any day of the week.

But if talking smack to teams making deep playoff runs while you start basketball season at Halloween makes you feel better...... go for it. 

You been talking smack for years..... now you ain't nothing but a bump in the road.

Now go eat your crow, boy.  Mmmmm.....tastes good don't it?

16-5A Girls Basketball

Game 2
Lufkin beat Marshall 62-39
John Tyler beat Whitehouse 55-28
Jacksonville beat Hallsville 55-21
Nac beat Pine Tree 31-24

STANDINGS

Lufkin (2-0)
Jacksonville (2-0)
Marshall (1-1)
Whitehouse (1-1)
John Tyler (1-1)
Nacogdoches (1-1)
Pine Tree (0-2)
Hallsville (0-2)

The Boys start district play on Tuesday.

BOYS BASKETBALL

GAME 1
Marshall beat Jacksonville 71-23
Nacogdoches Vs. Lufkin 66-63
Pine Tree beat John Tyler 68-62
Hallsville beat Whitehouse 59-48

The opening of district play saw a few surprises.  Nac's thrilling win over Lufkin by 3 points was an unexpected shocker.  PT upset JT.  Marshall blasted Jacksonville and Hallsville  handily beat Whitehouse.

BOYS STANDINGS
Marshall (1-0)
Nacogdoches (1-0)
Pine Tree (1-0)
Hallsville (1-0)
Jacksonville (0-1)
Lufkin (0-1)
John Tyler (0-1)
Whitehouse (0-1)

------------------------------------------

GIRLS BASKETBALL

GAME 3
Lufkin beat Nac 54-35
John Tyler beat Pine Tree 48-28
Hallsville beat Whitehouse 48-34
Jacksonville beat Marshall 74-33

Lufkin and Jacksonville continued to roll as the only unbeaten teams in the district, both are (3-0).  JT got a win to jump into third place.  A log-jam of four teams sit at (1-2).  Pine Tree is the only winless team in the district.  

Big showdown between Jax and Lufkin on Friday for the early lead in the district. 

GIRLS STANDINGS

Lufkin (3-0)
Jacksonville (3-0)
John Tyler (2-1)
Marshall (1-2)
Whitehouse (1-2)
Nacogdoches (1-2)
Hallsville (1-2)
Pine Tree (0-3)

Fridays games will include:
Whitehouse Vs. Marshall
Pine Tree Vs. Hallsville
Jacksonville Vs. Lufkin
Nacogdoches Vs. John Tyler

15 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

BOYS BASKETBALL

GAME 1

The opening of district play saw a few surprises.  Nac's thrilling win over Lufkin by 3 points was an unexpected shocker.  PT upset JT.  Marshall blasted Jacksonville and Hallsville  handily beat Whitehouse.

BOYS STANDINGS
Marshall (1-0)
Nacogdoches (1-0)
Pine Tree (1-0)
Hallsville (1-0)
Jacksonville (0-1)
Lufkin (0-1)
John Tyler (0-1)
Whitehouse (0-1)

GIRLS BASKETBALL

GAME 3
Lufkin beat Nac 54-35

Lufkin and Jacksonville continued to roll as the only unbeaten teams in the district, both are (3-0).  JT got a win to jump into third place.  A log-jam of four teams sit at (1-2).  Pine Tree is the only winless team in the district.  

Big showdown between Jax and Lufkin on Friday for the early lead in the district. 

GIRLS STANDINGS

Lufkin (3-0)
Jacksonville (3-0)
John Tyler (2-1)
Marshall (1-2)
Whitehouse (1-2)
Nacogdoches (1-2)
Hallsville (1-2)
Pine Tree (0-3)

Whitehouse Vs. Marshall
Pine Tree Vs. Hallsville
Jacksonville Vs. Lufkin
Nacogdoches Vs. John Tyler

Nacs. Boys have been pretty impressive so far, they have beaten some pretty goods teams so far Tex High, Grapeland and now Lufkin.  

I'm glad to see that the district decided to have the boys and girls play at the same venue on the same night.

We've done this before and it just seems like a better choice for the fans all the way around.

Makes for a better crowd for BOTH teams.

Wish this was the standard instead of splitting the boys and girls games at two different venues.

JMHO

On 12/19/2018 at 4:37 PM, Mavchamp said:

BOYS BASKETBALL

GAME 1

BOYS STANDINGS
Marshall (1-0)
Nacogdoches (1-0)
Pine Tree (1-0)
Hallsville (1-0)
Jacksonville (0-1)
Lufkin (0-1)
John Tyler (0-1)
Whitehouse (0-1)

GIRLS BASKETBALL

GAME 3
Lufkin beat Nac 54-35

GIRLS STANDINGS

Lufkin (3-0)
Jacksonville (3-0)
John Tyler (2-1)
Marshall (1-2)
Whitehouse (1-2)
Nacogdoches (1-2)
Hallsville (1-2)
Pine Tree (0-3)

Whitehouse Vs. Marshall
Pine Tree Vs. Hallsville