Pick your state title winners for the 2018 txhsfb season

MrBuddyGarrity

Here's my state title winners for this 2018 txhsfb season. No need to go indepth either, opinions only. (Reading is fundamental: Like that has ever worked on here) 😂

6AD1-North Shore

6AD2-Cedar Hill

5AD1-Port Arthur Memorial 

5AD2-Ennis

4AD1-Melissa

4AD2-WOS

3AD1-Brock

3AD2-Newton

2AD1-San Augustine 

2AD2-Mart

1AD1-Borden County

1AD2-Calvert

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Here's my state title winners for this 2018 txhsfb season. No need to go indepth either, opinions only. (Like that has ever worked on here) 😂

6AD1-North Shore

6AD2-Cedar Hill

5AD1-Port Arthur Memorial 

5AD2-Ennis

4AD1-Melissa

4AD2-WOS

3AD1-Brock

3AD2-Newton

2AD1-San Augustine 

2AD2-Mart

1AD1-Borden County

1AD2-Calvert

So these are fantasy picks?

• Stinks 1

21 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

6A D1 Longview 

6A D2 Longview 

5A D1 Pine Tree 

5 A D2 Jacksonville 

4A D1 Bullard 

4A D2 Huntington

3A D1 Sabine 

3A D2 Arp

2A D1 Cushing 

2A D2 Mt. Enterprise 

Omg.... I literally caught a cramp in my rib cage from laughing 

• LOL! 1

23 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

6A D1 Longview 

6A D2 Longview 

5A D1 Pine Tree 

5 A D2 Jacksonville 

4A D1 Bullard 

4A D2 Huntington

3A D1 Sabine 

3A D2 Arp

2A D1 Cushing 

2A D2 Mt. Enterprise 

ULnFhvb.gif

• LOL! 1

On 6/23/2018 at 5:52 PM, trueblue82 said:

6A D1 Longview 

6A D2 Longview 

5A D1 Pine Tree 

5 A D2 Jacksonville 

4A D1 Bullard 

4A D2 Huntington

3A D1 Sabine 

3A D2 Arp

2A D1 Cushing 

2A D2 Mt. Enterprise 

Talk about a "fantasy pick":rofl:

On 6/23/2018 at 5:52 PM, trueblue82 said:

6A D1 Longview 

6A D2 Longview 

5A D1 Pine Tree 

5 A D2 Jacksonville 

4A D1 Bullard 

4A D2 Huntington

3A D1 Sabine 

3A D2 Arp

2A D1 Cushing 

2A D2 Mt. Enterprise 

These are terrible picks JJ army of 7th graders would beat any of those teams by 50. Except Arp if Arp played that team the universe might come to and end. The top lawmakers in the country are trying to pass legislation to ensure that game never takes place. 

• Like 1

6AD1- Lake Travis

6AD2- Austin Westlake

5AD1- Lufkin

5AD2- Manvel

4AD1- Carthage

4AD2- Cuero 

3AD1- Atlanta (homer pick, for real though)

3AD2-Newton

2AD1- Refugio

2AD2- Mart

1AD1- Borden County

1AD2- Strawn

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

6AD1- Lake Travis

6AD2- Austin Westlake

5AD1- Lufkin

5AD2- Manvel

4AD1- Carthage

4AD2- Cuero 

3AD1- Atlanta (homer pick, for real though)

3AD2-Newton

2AD1- Refugio

2AD2- Mart

1AD1- Borden County

1AD2- Strawn

I like your picks just change strawn to calvert and atlanta to franklin ( homer pick also)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

I like your picks just change strawn to calvert and atlanta to franklin ( homer pick also)

I was torn between Strawn and Calvert, but he picked Calvert so I thought I'd be different. Not really torn in an Atlanta/Franklin debate... pretty confident there... ;) 

I was torn between Strawn and Calvert, but he picked Calvert so I thought I'd be different. Not really torn in an Atlanta/Franklin debate... pretty confident there... ;) 

Well as long as both take care of business we could find out.... Im confident im my pick also one of the best teams if not the best team we have ever had

2 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Well as long as both take care of business we could find out.... Im confident im my pick also one of the best teams if not the best team we have ever had

I'm not sure where this will rank on our teams of the past. Lot of argument among our past classes that '94 was the best team, or '03 was the best team, possibly even '06. One thing is certain though, only 1 team ('03) has a ring. '14 and '15 run a tight race for best team we've had in the last decade though. '14 had the offense, '15 had the defense. 

16 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm not sure where this will rank on our teams of the past. Lot of argument among our past classes that '94 was the best team, or '03 was the best team, possibly even '06. One thing is certain though, only 1 team ('03) has a ring. '14 and '15 run a tight race for best team we've had in the last decade though. '14 had the offense, '15 had the defense. 

We had 2 teams in the 70's i believe that lost in the state semifinal by penetrations because they didnt do overtime back then... Then we had 09 when we lost to newton in 3 ot's then in 15 lost in that state championship

it would be hard to argue against that 03 team. i cant imagine many teams at the 3a level has had that type of speed. 

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

We had 2 teams in the 70's i believe that lost in the state semifinal by penetrations because they didnt do overtime back then... Then we had 09 when we lost to newton in 3 ot's then in 15 lost in that state championship

1972- Franklin- 14 Schulenburg- 14 lost on penetrations 5-2 State Semi-Finals...

1978- Franklin- 21 Lexington- 22 State Semi-Finals...

2015- Franklin- 21 Waskom- 33 State Finals...

All 3 of these teams were extremely talented and I was at all 3 of these games. But the 2015 class is the winningest class in Franklin Football History... and they played for a State Championship.. So IMO they set the benchmark and will be considered the best team until someone gets to the State Championship and wins it.. I will say this our 2018 team has a lot of talent and have all the pieces in place to make a State run for sure.. They have really good overall speed, these seniors are battle tested (was freshman when we went to State Finals in 2015), Fundamentally sound in there technique, have depth, and will lay the wood to you... No quit in these kids!! and Are very well coached.. So yes there is lots of expectations on these young men this year and our community believe they can get to the big dance but we all know its takes a lot of things to go your way throughout the season. Most importantly is we will need to stay healthy... If that happens and we win the State Championship then we will be talking about the class of 2018 as being the best football team to come through Franklin.. Will be an exciting year for sure.. Ready to get it started...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LKTiger06 said:

it would be hard to argue against that 03 team. i cant imagine many teams at the 3a level has had that type of speed. 

They looked fast people look, not fast. Marlin had no idea what speed was till that evening at Tyler Rose Stadium. 

19 minutes ago, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

That type of speed and size don’t come around too often. I would put our 03 team against dang near any team close to that size.

every year people bring up Atlanta's 03 team when talking about tough non-district schedules. but only certain teams can have that start and turn it into what yall did.  speed and talent kills and yall had that at every position best 3a/4a school ive seen. 

5 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

That '14 team was tough offensively. They weren't  that bad on defense. It took a 300+ pound DL, rushing for 150+ yards in the rain to knock them out of the playoffs. That was one of my favorite years to be a fan!