Slot-t

jimmyjohnson

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Haha I only know what I've seen from Atlanta, and I was 12 when I saw them running the veer in the state championship game, but I can remember it plain as day. I wish I could get you a copy of the film, just to watch it. I'm sure you'd get a kick out of it, as I do. 

I can't remember when I was 12 ... but I assume I was ... once

• Thanks 1

Just now, DOB said:

I can't remember when I was 12 ... but I assume I was ... once

LOL if it wasn't such a monumental moment, I probably wouldn't remember it either. That was also the first time I ever heard a train horn at a football game. It wasn't one of those pretty chrome horns that you see now either, it was a full-fledge Nathan that they hung over the fence at Tyler Rose stadium. We heard it once when the game started, and once when halftime started. That was it. 

26 minutes ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Alto used to run it I believe do they?

Corrigan Camden ran it as well do they still run it or is that why they havnt been good lately bc they changed?

Centerville and Corrigan-Camden both run the Wing-T. Alto runs the spread. 

5 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

That must mean they don't run it anymore. 

It's been a few years since I last watched Centerville ... at that time, if I remember correctly, they were running a Wing/TE on one side and an open tight slot on the other.

cville.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, DOB said:

"Run that back"

my fav saturday film session quote...HFB says - "Coach S what is jimmy doing on this play!?" no hesitation "Coach S replied "Same thing he did first 15 times we watched this play Coach" 

Please forgive my ignorance...but what's the difference between the Wing-T and the Slot-T?

Based on this link:

https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/250474-slot-t-vs-wing-t

The only real differences seem to be that the Slot-T backs line up closer to the LOS, and there's not any motion or anything built into the offense.

Or is it a "regionally" named thing?

4 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Please forgive my ignorance...but what's the difference between the Wing-T and the Slot-T?

Based on this link:

The only real differences seem to be that the Slot-T backs line up closer to the LOS, and there's not any motion or anything built into the offense.

Joaquin is Slot-T and uses motion on pretty much every play. 

20 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Based on this link:

Thee is  a HUGE difference in the two. Don't ever let a member of the Slot T Mafia here you call it the wing t. There is motion in both offenses. Just go ask TOM how much motion is in the Slot T.

• Like 2