⚔️ Civil War II

BluePirate

Civil War II  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think another Civil War is coming soon?

2. 2. Which side would have the advantage in another Civil War?

Guest surfsup
Oui....parlez vous francais??? :rofl:

EVERYONE is conservative when compared to you......so its no wonder you THOUGHT all of your instructors were conservatives..... :w00t:

Be careful. If you get any closer to the margin you might fall off.

So, being in the minority makes me wrong? And I'm glad that Smoaky.com's message boards establish what is majority and minority, right and wrong.

We've established that you think the wrong side won the Civil War. That you indeed favor the idea that this country would have been permanently divided, split apart had the Confederacy won. The creation of two separate countries would have solved everything. Please.

This country would have been reunited under the Constitution, Separation of Powers, Individual Liberty, and States Rights.....The capital would have been in Richmond instead of Washington....Slavery would have ended as the people would have voted it down in their individual states as it should have been done in the first place....the racial hatred created by the liberals would not exist.....We wouldn't have been drawn into the bankers wars of the late 19th and early 20th centuries...the federal reserve would be a dream of the keynesians which would not see the light of day....paradise on earth......

I see it as a nation united again after the Civil War. I didn't see a Constitution destroyed. A nation on the verge of complete destruction -- as in becoming two separate countries, as you all seem to think should have happened -- was saved because of the Union victory. A United States that would have been no longer united would have been a complete failure. Just because southern states were fighting for certain rights does not make their fight justified.

If you guys wish to be separate from this country, as you would have liked to have seen as a result from the Civil War, you need to move, because it's not going to happen.

The funny thing is you guys pretend to know me and what my political beliefs are. Believe it or not, there's not just one right answer. One side of the political spectrum is not always right, no matter what you think.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Most excellent job Colms. Absolutely great. About as simple as it gets. He still has no idea what you said, but to those that actually know history, brillant.

Of course, like most people today he will hang his hat on slavery and the "race" issue. To try and prop up his feeble argument.

You are so correct. The United States of America would be so much stronger and individual freedoms would be so much more protected today had the South won.

But as they say Colms, pearls before swine. You excellent lesson is lost. Something we unfortunately see too often today.

I don't have to hang my hat on anything. It's historical fact that states' rights to own slaves was a major issue in the Civil War. You can deny it all you want, but it doesn't make you right.

Had the south won, there would be no United States of America. You fail to see that.

A United States that would have been no longer united would have been a complete failure.

That statement is pure assumption and speculation on your part....opinion, for lack of a better word......How do you know that it would no longer have been united??? How do you know that it would not have been better??? Are you a prophet??? Are we to take your word for things??? Are we to accept what you tell us without question???

Had the south won, there would be no United States of America.

Another prophecy??? More fact??? Based on what, exactly???? Pure speculation and assumption on your part that you expect us to take as gospel because some lib professor told you that was how it was.....

I don't have to hang my hat on anything. It's historical fact that states' rights to own slaves was a major issue in the Civil War. You can deny it all you want, but it doesn't make you right.

Had the south won, there would be no United States of America. You fail to see that.

Slavery was a secondary issue. As Colms, said it would have been rectified very shortly. The scars left over what actually occured from the civil war far outweigh the scars that occured from slavery, even had slavery remained and allowed to run its full course.

Had the South won, the United States would very much exist. It would most suredly be what our founding fathers envisioned for it. You honestly think what we have today is what our founding fathers envisioned? Seriously? You think this is what they wanted? Our government today?

I could say the same for you for the following:

"This country would have been reunited under the Constitution, Separation of Powers, Individual Liberty, and States Rights.....The capital would have been in Richmond instead of Washington....Slavery would have ended as the people would have voted it down in their individual states as it should have been done in the first place....the racial hatred created by the liberals would not exist.....We wouldn't have been drawn into the bankers wars of the late 19th and early 20th centuries...the federal reserve would be a dream of the keynesians which would not see the light of day....paradise on earth......"

"However, the Constitution, which was actually still being followed until the lincoln administration, gave the remedy for it.....and that remedy was for the battle to be fought in each individual state legislature.....and eventually, that battle would have been won.....and the Constitution would have survived instead of being shred to bits"

I'll say it better so you can understand it:

In my opinion, a United States that would have been no longer united would have been a complete failure.

If you can't stand the state of the United States now and think you would be better off separate from it, leave.

Another prophecy??? More fact??? Based on what, exactly???? Pure speculation and assumption on your part that you expect us to take as gospel because some lib professor told you that was how it was.....

How about based on the fact that the southern states were already separate from the United States prior to the Civil War? They had ratified their own constitution, elected their own president and completely seceded from the Union.

How's that?

I could say the same for you for the following:

"This country would have been reunited under the Constitution, Separation of Powers, Individual Liberty, and States Rights.....The capital would have been in Richmond instead of Washington....Slavery would have ended as the people would have voted it down in their individual states as it should have been done in the first place....the racial hatred created by the liberals would not exist.....We wouldn't have been drawn into the bankers wars of the late 19th and early 20th centuries...the federal reserve would be a dream of the keynesians which would not see the light of day....paradise on earth......"

"However, the Constitution, which was actually still being followed until the lincoln administration, gave the remedy for it.....and that remedy was for the battle to be fought in each individual state legislature.....and eventually, that battle would have been won.....and the Constitution would have survived instead of being shred to bits"

I'll say it better so you can understand it:

In my opinion, a United States that would have been no longer united would have been a complete failure.

If you can't stand the state of the United States now and think you would be better off separate from it, leave.

Pure speculation on my part...you'll not here me claim any different......

I don't think I'll leave...I think I'll do like the founders and stay here and change this nation back to what it was meant to be......whether you moderates and liberals like it or not......

How about based on the fact that the southern states were already separate from the United States prior to the Civil War? They had ratified their own constitution, elected their own president and completely seceded from the Union.

How's that?

Irrelevant to this discussion....we are discussing what would have happened had the south won??? How do you KNOW they wouldn't have reunited with the north and a revitalized and rejuvenated Constitution??? You don't.....

People like you who live by labels make me laugh. Get a life.

I'm trying to better my life, but the do nothings and liberals who have destroyed my country won't let me....and that's very typical to attack the messenger when you can't dent the message....won't work, here, though...I can take it.....

Irrelevant to this discussion....we are discussing what would have happened had the south won??? How do you KNOW they wouldn't have reunited with the north and a revitalized and rejuvenated Constitution??? You don't.....

No, it's extremely relevant. You don't want to touch it because you know you're wrong.

No, it's extremely relevant. You don't want to touch it because you know you're wrong.

You stated that the south had already left the union before the war, thus creating two separate nations....

After THAT, you stated that the US would have either been destroyed or two separate nations...I'm going from memory, so forgive me if my paraphrase is wrong....THEREFORE, we are speculating as to the state of things FOLLOWING the civil war, NOT the state of things BEFORE the war.....thus rendering the only fact in your post irrelevant......

Now, your vision of the US after the war and my speculation of the same are equally valid, UNLESS, as I asked earlier, you are a prophet or from an alternate universe......Now please explain to me just how I am wrong.....

...In the spirit of being fair and balanced, here is a dissenting opinion from CoachBennett that was accidentally placed in the wrong thread......

IMO if the South would have won there would have been NO bringing the two back together. You dont usually draft a constitution and elect a president just to turn around and re-join who you seceded from. But it is ALL conjecture as to what would have happened

• Mr. P changed the title to ⚔️ Civil War II