Smoaky.com Celebrates 16-Years...

Smoaky

I have to admit, the ride since Smoaky.com launched on July 2, 2002 has been amazing. I didn't know if we would make it one month, much less one year, and now sixteen years this week.

There have been over 50,000 people register with Smoaky.com over the years, many remain active and I hope you'll continue to support this website. Some members have been on since Day One, some have come and gone, some were here for a week or a game or a topic, many have remained loyal and I can't thank you enough.

My family and I, our admins and moderators and you have turned this into a go to place for news. I'm still blown away by how many stories we've, yes, WE'VE (including you!) have broken over the years. The fun, feedback, human interest stories, passion, trash-talking, some nice, some a little much, but in the end we all have one common goal. WE love Texas high school sports and the many other topics that we discuss in the forums sections.

Smoaky.com has to be the greatest high school football networking, ever and you're THE reason.

I have been honored and privileged to read, watch and listen to the incredible sports fans, starting off with tremendous fans in greater-East Texas and then we added regions during each playoff season. And, when I moved to Central Texas in June, 2010, I asked, "Why not grab the mid-section of Texas too?" And, we did...and it's been so much fun along the way.

As we start the stretch towards another football season, I am asking for your feedback, good, honest, legitimate, proactive and helpful feedback.

What do you want from me/us/Smoaky.com? Podcasts? What...?

What else can we do?

I'm about to add a couple of reporters to help keep up with stories and pin them at the top of the forums section and onto the homepage. As my responsibilities at ESPN-Central Texas have increased, I have found myself almost drowning trying to give you what you want.

Please respond on this thread, but please, if someone suggests something, don't react negatively, react, but let's all think through what else can be done.

If you would rather email me your thoughts, feedback and suggestions, send to [email protected] or [email protected].

Thank you for an amazing sixteen years of full-throttle amazing!

David Smoak
Owner-Smoaky.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

What makes Smoaky.com successful is that there are things that would be tolerated on some other sites, are not on Smoaky.

Anyways, keep up the good work Smoaky and don't change and don't compromise a thing, and Smoaky.com will be around another 16+ years. On a second thought, you could change the color and bring back the red/black look.

God Bless Smoaky.com. Best dang sport site in Texas!!    

• Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 8:54 PM, Smoaky said:

What do you want from me/us/Smoaky.com? Podcasts? What...?

The Smoaky Red back on the forums ;)

Honored to have been apart of all 16 years of this great site.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

The Smoaky Red back on the forums ;)

Honored to have been apart of all 16 years of this great site.

I agree. The red was nice.

Other than that, is there any way we can add just a "poop" rating to HLion. Looks like at this rate, he will be "pooped out" by the start of football season.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Hlion said:

LoL or just make them not anonymous so we can see who doing it. I had over 800 likes in January. If some of y'all could start liking my posts sure would appreciate it lol

If you worked on your punctuation and sentence structure a bit, I'm sure you'd pick up a few more likes just by us not feeling like we're dealing with someone that's completely illiterate.  

• Thanks 1

Couldn't ask for a better place to come, to talk all things sports (and maybe a little politics & other things). 

Smoaky, it's been a great 13 years and I can't thank you enough for allowing us all to be a part of the journey. 

I love my friends at Smoaky.com. This site is a wonderful alternative to working or having actual human interactions. Thanks for doing the things that makes this site the best-of-all.

• 5 weeks later...

Discovered Smoaky in April of 2007 after moving here from Mississippi. I've met and even sat with other Smoaky members from other towns during the playoffs. Great atmosphere.

As far as a suggestion, how about a Smoaky.com tailgate or meet-and-greet event state championship football weekend?

• 5 years later...

It has been great since 2002. Thanks for memories, from talking to me when you were at KLTV,to Cindy bringing score of Celina/Daingerfield,since no else could get feed,first time they beat Celina. Registered as  with one email, they went under so had sign up again up again.

Edited by steelhammer
  • Like 1