Week One: 5A #3 Lufkin at 6A #7 Longview (08/31)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

I been watching some game film from LGV. With a passing game the Lobos offense reminds me a lot of Carthage to be honest. Mostly the fact that it is multiple set. Not as many formations as Carthage, but with King at QB, the Lobo offense can do a lot. Can add a lot more to the offense next couple of years as King learns. That O is gonna be lethal. My favorite play is where the TE lines up off the line of scrimmage, at H-back and comes back under the formation off of play action into the flat. That is a hard play to stop off play action. I love the 2 TE set, with one playing H-back. I guess that is LGV base formation on offense? 

• Stinks 3

10 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I been watching some game film from LGV. With a passing game the Lobos offense reminds me a lot of Carthage to be honest. Mostly the fact that it is multiple set. Not as many formations as Carthage, but with King at QB, the Lobo offense can do a lot. Can add a lot more to the offense next couple of years as King learns. That O is gonna be lethal. My favorite play is where the TE lines up off the line of scrimmage, at H-back and comes back under the formation off of play action into the flat. That is a hard play to stop off play action. I love the 2 TE set, with one playing H-back. I guess that is LGV base formation on offense? 

Longview's offense doesn't come close to what Carthage runs on offense! Longview has success on offense do to their Playmakers. You put that generic offense with average players you going to get average results. 😂😂😂😂! Coach King still calling in plays one at a time from the sideline!! Coach King still running dial-up internet offense! Carthage offensive Playbook is 10 times more sophisticated then Longview offensive Playbook by far!! Not sure what film you have been looking at. Longview has too many talented athletes to not have a state championship under coach Kings tenure. 

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 4

5 hours ago, itmoney100 said:

Longview's offense doesn't come close to what Carthage runs on offense! Longview has success on offense do to their Playmakers. You put that generic offense with average players you going to get average results. 😂😂😂😂! Coach King still calling in plays one at a time from the sideline!! Coach King still running dial-up internet offense! Carthage offensive Playbook is 10 times more sophisticated then Longview offensive Playbook by far!! Not sure what film you have been looking at. Longview has too many talented athletes to not have a state championship under coach Kings tenure. 

You don't watch much football outside of Carthage, do you?

No way that you really believe any of the nonsense you just posted above.

I would tell you what I really think of Carthage in comparison to Longview but I'm trying to keep this about Longview - Lufkin and not hurt any feelings.

All I will say is you clearly don't know football. 

P.S. I'd take Longview's playbook (full of misdirections and some sort of creativity) over that bland 7 on 7 BS that y'all are running up in Panola County any day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1
  • Stinks 3

On 7/26/2018 at 12:12 PM, LoboFan07 said:

That 06 team might have gotten beat down that game, but I think it would’ve been a lot closer if we had met later in the year. We had a strong chance of going all the way to the Semis that year if we just keep the foot on the throat of Garland, but we let up and had that field goal blocked. Outgained them 377 to 117...yet lose. Ugh.

Damn man enough with the heartbreaks...2004 and now Garland/Texas stadium...😔

8 hours ago, itmoney100 said:

Yes, because all you need is talent to win state in 6A. It’s just that easy......Smdh.  It’s Sunday, so I’ll just pray for you Carthage folks. 

• Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

My only comparison was that how both run multiple set and do a lot off of play action. That was the only comparison. Nevermind. Gosh dang. The hate is real on both sides. I was just trying to learn more about LGV offense. 

When I read your original post I agreed with it. Good bit of similarities. 

• Stinks 1