Week One: 5A #3 Lufkin at 6A #7 Longview (08/31)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

14 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Was never really that good of a FG kicker tbh. 2016 or 2017.

Amazing on kickoffs and punts though. We'll miss that.

I agree, but was only talking about regression. And if you compare his missed PATs & FGs in regular season to playoffs, it’s evident.

The difference in Longview now and past teams is clearly Haynes King.  Period.  He changes the whole dynamic when you face Longview now.  I would not want to have to game plan this O.   This may be one of the better all time RUNNING teams we have had in the past 30 years.  That by itself is hard to beat.  Then there's King, Perry and all those guys.  I bet a dollar against a donut there were more than a few Panther fans saying, dang we have to play the QB for two more years after the playoff game.  I know when we faced the Pack in the past with those great underclassmen I was like D@#&%it.  Game night will tell all.  A D1 offer does not win games, coaching, execution and effort will decide this one and I like our chances.  GO LOBOS beat lp!!!

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

The difference in Longview now and past teams is clearly Haynes King.  Period.  He changes the whole dynamic when you face Longview now.  I would not want to have to game plan this O.   This may be one of the better all time RUNNING teams we have had in the past 30 years.  That by itself is hard to beat.  Then there's King, Perry and all those guys.  I bet a dollar against a donut there were more than a few Panther fans saying, dang we have to play the QB for two more years after the playoff game.  I know when we faced the Pack in the past with those great underclassmen I was like D@#&%it.  Game night will tell all.  A D1 offer does not win games, coaching, execution and effort will decide this one and I like our chances.  GO LOBOS beat lp!!!

Lufkin ain’t worried at all they have 3 d1 linemen 

• LOL! 2
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, ANTI said:

I can't think of 1 Longview player in the John King era who was stellar one year, and not the next.

Not 1.

However we have had players pop out no where and do great. You saw that with Jalen Carr last year. Braylynn Anthony in 2015. Omar French in 2014. List goes on.

This year, that "pop out of nowhere" dude will be CB Tainique Taylor. Calling it now.

I guess I can't say they were stellar one year and not the next. Some guys were just expected to do MUCH more going into their senior year. 

Freddie Williams (Trent's brother) was probably better than even Trent was. He was expected to do GREAT things his senior year, but he just didn't pan out the way Trent did. 

Jerrell Williams was another who was great in 02 but just didn't have it in 03. I blame his OLine more for that, though. I guess you could say those two guys were Collins-era guys, though. 

3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

More stuff some of y’all make up in your own head. There isn’t a lack of respect from this side. I can’t find one post saying that the lobo defense won’t be any good by a Pack fan, especially because of d1 offers. But again, do what you do..

Haha I doubt AKA legit thinks any Lufkin fans feel that way. He's just kinda mocking all the stuff being thrown back and forth in this thread (kinda like I was with my comment about 5 INTs returned to the 2). 

You know as well as I do that we can talk til we're blue in the face, but nothing else matters come August 31st. I, for one, can't wait to see the two teams battle it out. Even though the game is for little more than bragging rights, I'm excited. 

2 hours ago, 85lobooldschool said:

YOu think so? The Ivory/McGee battery will be hard to beat when it comes to running game.  

Y'all gotta learn to read most of what I say on this message board with a joking tone of voice...  because 99 percent of what I say is messing around, and the other half is sarcasm.

It's all fun y'all, life is funny. Relax and enjoy the ride. 

Lufkin could win in a blowout and, while I'd be bummed for the kids (and coaches), it wouldn't even wreck my evening. 

Enjoy it. It all goes by too quickly not to. 

25 minutes ago, AKA said:

Y'all gotta learn to read most of what I say on this message board with a joking tone of voice...  because 99 percent of what I say is messing around, and the other half is sarcasm.

It's all fun y'all, life is funny. Relax and enjoy the ride. 

Lufkin could win in a blowout and, while I'd be bummed for the kids (and coaches), it wouldn't even wreck my evening. 

Enjoy it. It all goes by too quickly not to. 

Yep. Lufkin fans should be familiar. They lost a Week 2 game to Evangel back in 01 and went on to win state. And they killed Katy in 03 to start the season but then exited the first round while Katy went on to win state. This game won't make or break either team's season. Heck, Marshall lost to Longview in Week 1 two years in a row and went to state. We lost to Allen in 08 and Lufkin in 09 and went on to state. Even in 2010 we lost to JT at home, Lufkin on the road, and Allen on the road and went on to the semifinals. 

53 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

YOu think so? The Ivory/McGee battery will be hard to beat when it comes to running game.  

I think the biggest thing he's talking about is depth wise.

Jessie Anderson, Keilyn Williams, Kaden Meredith, Kevin Jones, JD Williams...thats alot of dudes to worry about out of the backfield.

21 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I think the biggest thing he's talking about is depth wise.

Jessie Anderson, Keilyn Williams, Kaden Meredith, Kevin Jones, JD Williams...thats alot of dudes to worry about out of the backfield.

True. Plus Haynes is a good runner too. 

I wonder if we'll do any of that "Shotgun Wishbone" package that Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Clemson, and others have made into a huge part of the College meta game. 

formation.PNG

Ok. I don’t want to go back and read the 28 pages of this thread to get caught up. Can 07 & 007 give me a brief, cliff notes version from each perspective on what has transpired in the 28 pages?  

You can keep it brief. A paragraph would suffice. 😗

• LOL! 2

8 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

Ok. I don’t want to go back and read the 28 pages of this thread to get caught up. Can 07 & 007 give me a brief, cliff notes version from each perspective on what has transpired in the 28 pages?  

No talking about 2017, no talking about sub varsity with current players involved, no talking about spring practices, no talking about spring games, no talking about anything that doesn’t paint Lufkin in the most positive light. Definitely don’t talk about their quarterback being injured. 

But a 7 on 7 score is ok to talk about.

• LOL! 5
  • Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

No talking about 2017, no talking about sub varsity with current players involved, no talking about spring practices, no talking about spring games, no talking about anything that doesn’t paint Lufkin in the most positive light. Definitely don’t talk about their quarterback being injured. 

But a 7 on 7 score is ok to talk about.

Welp. I think you touched up on everything. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

Nothing even worth discussing imo. Just people (well, one person) getting in their feelings when people don’t agree that this Longview team is the greatest ever. Also getting in their feelings about one or two tweets, which led to finger pointing and some other drama. Just pointless stuff. 

• Stinks 4

Just now, Pack007 said:

Nothing even worth discussing imo. Just people (well, one person) getting in their feelings when people don’t agree that this Longview team is the greatest ever. Also getting in their feelings about one or two tweets, which led to finger pointing and some other drama. Just pointless stuff. 

lmao.

Only person in their feelings is you about text messages.

• Stinks 1

First, I never said anyone couldn’t discuss anything. Just more lies. I’m not a mod and couldn’t care less what y’all discuss. Just think it’s funny someone decided to use lower level scores several years ago as a reason for why someone will lose a week one game. Also use practices in freakin spring that he supposedly went to (that didn’t even have all the starters in them) as a reason a specific team will have more talent or experience than the other team. Gave my opinion on the subject. That’s it. Something that I‘ve done for several years now and thought you were supposed to do on this forum, but i guess not when you’re playing Longview and not agreeing with their fanbase. I’m not the one going to basically everyone who picks against my team and asking why i believe that or saying that team will never score those amounts of points. Don’t have a problem with the people, especially lobos, choosing Longview to win. I’m not the one crying about (basically) one tweet that someone decided to use and then blame other people that had nothing to do with it. I’m not the one going to other teams forums crying and typing essays about what their mods or admins are saying. Couldn’t care less. Definitely not in my feelings about a text lol. I made a post about people posting about unconfirmed injuries, which is something you and Nac did. Which is against the rules last i checked. You got in your feelings and mentioned a text i sent in a group chat, which didn’t confirm anything considering it was something i heard. Again, not in my feelings. Just know who I’m dealing with now..

20 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I’m not the one going to basically everyone who picks against my team and asking why i believe that

I don't understand what is wrong with asking why a person believes a certain thing. Tell me what is wrong with that.

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

I’m not the one crying about (basically) one tweet that someone decided to use and then blame other people that had nothing to do with it

Yes, I'm so crying over it.

I thought it was funny more than anything. It was four tweets that I saw, I stopped looking after a while. And numerous other facebook posts.

Which is funny, because all of them were just because I predicted Longview to win by two scores. Yet...I'm the one that has an issue with someone picking against my team? Ok...

Half of this thread has y'all up in arms because LONGVIEW FANS predicted that our own team would win by two scores. Y'all complained constantly that we don't respect you. Yet, because I wanted to know why someone picked Lufkin, just asking for reasoning, I'm the one that issues with people picking against my team.

Y'all are nothing but hypocrites over there in purple land. And you constantly prove it every time we play y'all. PA can say all he wants over on LPS, but he constantly posts about us. Every single week. That was the only point of my last post over there and I haven't been there since. But I guarantee you he'll be posting about us in November. Like he always does.