Week One: 5A #3 Lufkin at 6A #7 Longview (08/31)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

2 hours ago, Lobouno said:

This is sad 

I know it hurts your soul and a few others on here, but the lobo game (especially when you’re not even healthy) isn’t important. We’re not in the same district anymore and we’re 5A now. Getting healthy and improving before district is all that matters right now. What’s funny is lobos have said something similar in the past, but of course because it’s me saying it, let’s get in our feelings about it.  

59 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

To be fair Jordan Moore is highly ranked sophmore Top 25 overall in Texas according to DCTF. I even asked some JV players that see the QBs everyday who is better they all said Jordan Moore. Not having a QB is no excuse the 2 that played last night were both around 6'3 200 lbs and can run and pass.  This is probably the deepest I have ever seen Lufkin at QB when Thomas returns Im not sure he gets the job back. .  The problem last night was they couldn't block 99 for nothing. Im not worried about our skill guys they can play but the offensive line has to do better even if a guy with a Saban offer is out there. 

Thomas will get the job back

3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Thomas will get the job back

That other kid #15 could sling it where was he last year?  usually you see a huge drop off from 1 to 3 but to me all seem to be able to play why not go with the youngster.  Again Im not worried about our skill guys.  They can throw and catch.  Im worried about our offensive line mainly tackle position. Our defense will definitely keep us in the Longiew game but they gotta block somebody our they will get shut out next week. 

3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I know it hurts your soul and a few others on here, but the lobo game (especially when you’re not even healthy) isn’t important. We’re not in the same district anymore and we’re 5A now. Getting healthy and improving before district is all that matters right now. What’s funny is lobos have said something similar in the past, but of course because it’s me saying it, let’s get in our feelings about it.  

Calm down I meant it’s sad the old rivalry just isn’t there anymore...back in round robin days I knew we were gonna lose but I would at least fight all day that we had a good shot...you care more about beating Nac than us used to be y’all didn’t care about the nac game 

9 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

Calm down I meant it’s sad the old rivalry just isn’t there anymore...back in round robin days I knew we were gonna lose but I would at least fight all day that we had a good shot...you care more about beating Nac than us used to be y’all didn’t care about the nac game 

Nac still doesn’t mean much to me, but you better beat them. 

1 hour ago, LoboBooster73 said:

Hoping this doesn’t get ugly early

I don't think this will happen...the Lufkin defense should have most everyone playing friday that didn't play in the scrimmage.  I think we have to be methodical and put pressure on them early on.  If Lufkin's QB plays then it will be interesting to see what team they field....can't wait for Friday!!

30 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

If Lufkin's QB plays then it will be interesting to see what team they field....can't wait for Friday!!

With or without Thomas, my prediction of multi possession win for Longview stands.

Especially since we've been told that Lufkin "will be ready" at QB regardless if its Moore or Thomas.

I've seen both programs up close and personal throughout this off-season and feel that Longview is just that much better. 

• Like 3

Still sticking with the game is close at halftime before Longview pulls away in the 2nd half like last season's opener.

Lufkin defense definitely will make some plays, but I think our defense will make just as many plays.

An early lead for Longview would be really big IMO.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 10:01 AM, Pack007 said:

One scrimmage hasn’t turned me into anything. I’ve always known about Thomas, but several other guys aren’t healthy right now, which is why I couldn’t care less about what happens up there to be honest. At least it doesn’t matter as much as winning district and state. I told people this last night that we should still go up there and play well. And have a chance in the end because of our defense which is something I’ve been saying. They are that good if Carl is in there. As for the Qb position, Thomas is the better leader and runner. Probably makes better decisions right now because he has that experience, but it’s clear Moore has the better arm and can run a offense. Green was just calling the same few plays last night (which defenses will figure out at some point) and the tackle wasn’t doing him any favors. On first and second down, we played well. Third down we would go with a bubble screen, the same zone read running play or a deep pass. The Huntsville defense was well prepared and came out to play. Give them and their staff full credit for it. The running backs that went in both played well last night like I expected. However, Getting healthy and improving is all that matters right now this week and next week. I hate Nac with a passion. We all know this, which is why i even mentioned them. Longview is returning everyone and their momma, picked top ten in 6A, playing at home with alumni refs. Everyone is picking them to win. Again do i still believe we have a chance to win from what I’ve seen? Yes, of course. Just not as important as the other goals unless we’re fully healthy. Losing to Nac at home could destroy a whole season. People may not agree, but it’s true in my eyes. Which again is why i even mentioned them. The Longview game is just not that important. I know with your comments about lobo envy that may hurt your feelings, but it’s true. If we were healthy, at least everyone else because i know how good Jordan is, then maybe i would care more about beating y’all. Just not as important unless i know we have our guys making the trip. I’ve always mentioned health when I typed about winning in Longview. 

Damn Pack...that was long😀

• LOL! 1