Week One: 5A #3 Lufkin at 6A #7 Longview (08/31)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Yea, let’s ignore the other injuries. Like i said, you know everything. At least you think you do..

As I said yesterday and earlier today, I know only of what you’ve told me and that was about your QB back in July. 

Feel free to explain of other injuries that you have since there’s been nothing in the Lufkin paper about any injuries. 

6 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

This game means nothing....nothing to see here 

I know y’all want to makeup stuff because you have nothing better to do this week, but this game doesn’t really matter this year sadly. This isn’t one of two potential meetings, we aren’t in district anymore. Not sure how it’s important when it’s game one between two schools that are in different classifications. The kids and coaching staff from both sides want the win. I want the win, but it’s not a significant game in regards to the big picture, but whatever. Still not sure who said it wasn’t a rivalry though. It’s the best rivalry in the state. Doesn’t change the fact this particular game isn’t important.

23 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

As I said yesterday and earlier today, I know only of what you’ve told me and that was about your QB back in July. 

Feel free to explain of other injuries that you have since there’s been nothing in the Lufkin paper about any injuries. 

Don’t have to explain anything. You’ll see Friday. Not sure why you think we would have to lie about it. But ok..

On 8/27/2018 at 12:08 PM, Pack007 said:

when there may be other guys not playing this week. But again, I’m leaving that alone. 

Basically said it right here...and this was before it was official they were out. Let’s not act like y’all don’t read the Lp forum. Stop playing stupid. 

3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Don’t have to explain anything. You’ll see Friday. Not sure why you think we would have to lie about it. But ok..

Yeah i don't think he is playing QB Friday night but that other kid can spin it. We just have to keep him up right.  Carl will play Friday i believe and as for our LB I hope. 

On 8/27/2018 at 5:15 PM, gtee2 said:

Aww man this isshh is the perfect set up for Hollywood Friday night lights movie! Big bad Lobos at home...109-3 home record In the last 6 years. Shaded by the new Texas sized jumbotron and pines in the background against a wounded limping deer in headlights LP squad. But they got them boys on D that's already on full scholarship kicking A...and taking names! Oohhh the suspense is killing me! Dammit...LP and the fairy tale ending by 14...

We got nuttin...😆

Lmao limping deer smh. I just think our offense will take a few games to get going.  Im not ruling out the possibility we win because our defense should keep us in it.  I just think Longview with the experience on offense can put together a couple more drives. Turnovers and special teams will be huge in this one.  I am excited and ready for Friday.

4 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Lmao limping deer smh. I just think our offense will take a few games to get going.  Im not ruling out the possibility we win because our defense should keep us in it.  I just think Longview with the experience on offense can put together a couple more drives. Turnovers and special teams will be huge in this one.  I am excited and ready for Friday.

It is what it is. This game doesn’t matter as much as it used to when we were in the same district or classification. Some lobos said the same thing in 2008 and 09, but of course it’s a big deal when i say it. Other than getting payback, it doesn’t really matter...other than of course getting our young guys some much needed experience and helping us prepare against a talented team in a tough atmosphere. The lobo fans can make fun of us and scream about excuses all they want, but I’ve seen them make similar “excuses” when they had multiple injuries not just an injury, but multiple injuries. Not calling out gtee. He’s always been one of the good ones. I know he’s just joking. But of course things should change after watching those individuals out in the scrimmage and knowing they would be ruled out this week. Can we win and will i still drive up there to support them? Yes. But if you’re not going in with all your stars on both sides, how can you feel as confident as before? And yea, the game still wouldn’t matter if those guys were still playing. It’s all about preparing us for district and hopefully a playoff run late in the season. Like I said earlier, the only part that does matter is If we can keep our remaining guys healthy. This particular game can be huge for the young guys/sophomores and juniors that are making their first varsity start, especially the guys that we’ll have in the backfield. Also playing against a good team in a tough atmosphere can always help you prepare for what you may see down the road. That’s basically it. We’re still going up to lv to get payback I’m sure for last year. We’ll still have a talented group and if we can get the win with several key guys that are out on both sides for us.....that COULD say a lot about both teams this year. I’m still expecting a close football game. Hoping we can still pull it out. Send a message to the arrogant mutts of the North. All the pressure is on Longview regardless. The tv folks will be talking about us being 5A, not winning up there since 03, coming in with several guys out. Also sophomores starting in the backfield. If Longview can’t play as expected and if they lose....., the rest of the state will wonder how good they really are this season. 

38 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

The lobo fans can make fun of us and scream about excuses all they want, but I’ve seen them make similar “excuses” 

Apples to Oranges. 

Yall aren't losing anyone hard to replace like a Bivins Caraway (2012) and you aren't losing over half your starters on your entire team (2014)

Thomas should be replaceable because of all the raving yall do about the backups. GT JUST said Moore can spin it so shouldn't be an issue there.

And mentioning any injury on defense is straight up funny. Your HC is supposed to be defensive minded and as you have so eloquently pointed out, LP has 3.2 billion D1 offers on the defensive side of the ball and all of that returning experience. All of that ...and you can't overcome an injury or two on that side of the ball? Should be able to.

As I've said all along, having those dudes wouldn't have changed anything. I took Longview by multiple possessions with 100% healthy Lufkin from the jump.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

It is what it is. This game doesn’t matter as much as it used to when we were in the same district or classification. Some lobos said the same thing in 2008 and 09, but of course it’s a big deal when i say it. Other than getting payback, it doesn’t really matter...other than of course getting our young guys some much needed experience and helping us prepare against a talented team in a tough atmosphere. The lobo fans can make fun of us and scream about excuses all they want, but I’ve seen them make similar “excuses” when they had multiple injuries not just an injury, but multiple injuries. Not calling out gtee. He’s always been one of the good ones. I know he’s just joking. But of course things should change after watching those individuals out in the scrimmage and knowing they would be ruled out this week. Can we win and will i still drive up there to support them? Yes. But if you’re not going in with all your stars on both sides, how can you feel as confident as before? And yea, the game still wouldn’t matter if those guys were still playing. It’s all about preparing us for district and hopefully a playoff run late in the season. Like I said earlier, the only part that does matter is If we can keep our remaining guys healthy. This particular game can be huge for the young guys/sophomores and juniors that are making their first varsity start, especially the guys that we’ll have in the backfield. Also playing against a good team in a tough atmosphere can always help you prepare for what you may see down the road. That’s basically it. We’re still going up to lv to get payback I’m sure for last year. We’ll still have a talented group and if we can get the win with several key guys that are out on both sides for us.....that COULD say a lot about both teams this year. I’m still expecting a close football game. Hoping we can still pull it out. Send a message to the arrogant mutts of the North. All the pressure is on Longview regardless. The tv folks will be talking about us being 5A, not winning up there since 03, coming in with several guys out. Also sophomores starting in the backfield. If Longview can’t play as expected and if they lose....., the rest of the state will wonder how good they really are this season. 

You really are completely delusional whenever Longview week kicks in aren't you.

Where...in ANY of the 39 pages of this thread...did a single person say y'all were making excuses...for a game that hasn't even been played or an injury that hasn't even been confirmed other than message board talk? No one has confirmed if any of them is playing Friday. Fact is, you've talked all summer long about how many D1 guys your defense has. "Longview hasn't faced this many D1 guys in who knows how long." If you have one guy out on that side..or even just two..and you're already screaming about how much those injuries are going to effect y'all, then you have more problems to worry about.

And now you go into talking about how this game is absolutely meaningless. It doesn't matter in the long run at all. But yet, we have all the pressure and it will make the rest of the state ponder about how good we really are if we lose...?

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish or say in most of your posts anymore. Other than being argumentative. I tried to give y'all a compliment a couple pages back how it was't excuse no matter who they had in the backfield because of how talented you are...and somehow you've turned it into a victim play by saying we're making fun of Lufkin fans for halfway bringing up excuses and injuries.

Fact of the matter is, Lufkin is a fantastic football team and will be far less challenges in district this season than they've had previously. You're trying to build yourself up to say that's not true for whatever reason, but it is. If Lufkin doesn't go undefeated once district starts, y'all have some huge problems. You're facing a playoff bracket that is far less challenging than the one you would've been facing in 6A. It's the entire reason y'all are so excited down there. The fact also is that we'll be a very good football team as well, and most of Longview fully believes we can contend for a State title in problem the toughest region in all of 6A. You yourself said the game doesn't matter and it's all about improving. But neither of our kids feel that way. I would say both of our coaching staffs don't feel that way, but after reading the Lufkin paper yesterday, Quick's statements have definitely swerved right since the scrimmage. All of our fans, both Longview and Lufkin, want to beat each other. Will it matter going into next week? Not at all. It's just ridiculous you to see you completely change your tone on everything since 5 days ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Apples to Oranges. 

Yall aren't losing anyone hard to replace like a Bivins Caraway (2012) and you aren't losing over half your starters on your entire team (2014)

Thomas should be replaceable because of all the raving yall do about the backups. GT JUST said Moore can spin it so shouldn't be an issue there.

And mentioning any injury on defense is straight up funny. Your HC is supposed to be defensive minded and as you have so eloquently pointed out, LP has 3.2 billion D1 offers on the defensive side of the ball and all of that returning experience. All of that ...and you can't overcome an injury or two on that side of the ball? Should be able to.

As I've said all along, having those dudes wouldn't have changed anything. I took Longview by multiple possessions with 100% healthy Lufkin from the jump.

Apples and oranges my you know what. The players that we lost are just as important (if not more) as Bivins was to that lobo team. Are their injuries as significant? No. But their leadership, talent level and also what they bring to our team is definitely comparable. Having those guys wouldn’t have changed anything in YOUR opinion. I know this may seem strange considering the people around you pump your head up, but you do not know it all. You saying what a team will win by doesn’t mean anything. We don’t know what what would’ve happened if both teams were healthy. Still don’t know what will happen on Friday. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

You really are completely delusional whenever Longview week kicks in aren't you.

Where...in ANY of the 39 pages of this thread...did a single person say y'all were making excuses...for a game that hasn't even been played or an injury that hasn't even been confirmed other than message board talk? No one has confirmed if any of them is playing Friday. Fact is, you've talked all summer long about how many D1 guys your defense has. "Longview hasn't faced this many D1 guys in who knows how long." If you have one guy out on that side..or even just two..and you're already screaming about how much those injuries are going to effect y'all, then you have more problems to worry about.

And now you go into talking about how this game is absolutely meaningless. It doesn't matter in the long run at all. But yet, we have all the pressure and it will make the rest of the state ponder about how good we really are if we lose...?

I don't know what you're trying to accomplish or say in most of your posts anymore. Other than being argumentative. I tried to give y'all a compliment a couple pages back how it was't excuse no matter who they had in the backfield because of how talented you are...and somehow you've turned it into a victim play by saying we're making fun of Lufkin fans for halfway bringing up excuses and injuries.

Fact of the matter is, Lufkin is a fantastic football team and will be far less challenges in district this season than they've had previously. You're trying to build yourself up to say that's not true for whatever reason, but it is. If Lufkin doesn't go undefeated once district starts, y'all have some huge problems. You're facing a playoff bracket that is far less challenging than the one you would've been facing in 6A. It's the entire reason y'all are so excited down there. The fact also is that we'll be a very good football team as well, and most of Longview fully believes we can contend for a State title in problem the toughest region in all of 6A. You yourself said the game doesn't matter and it's all about improving. But neither of our kids feel that way. I would say both of our coaching staffs don't feel that way, but after reading the Lufkin paper yesterday, Quick's statements have definitely swerved right since the scrimmage. All of our fans, both Longview and Lufkin, want to beat each other. Will it matter going into next week? Not at all. It's just ridiculous you to see you completely change your tone on everything since 5 days ago.

I’m delusional because I’m being honest. And You continue to put more words in my mouth and lie. I asked a question about when the last time Longview played against a defensive line like that. Again, before the injuries. I really think it’s funny you lobos are acting like injuries are absolutely nothing and losing players shouldn’t really negatively affect a team. And “we have more problems to worry about”. I’ve seen y’all cry about injuries over the years. I’ve seen y’all cry about injuries when JT beat y’all at home. The Bivins injury. The injuries during our playoff game and several other times. But let the team that you play against in week one day one thing about injuries....oh no!! Stop it. Don’t make those excuses, “we were going to win by several scores anyways”. “Y’all have all these other d1 players and a fantastic football team, it shouldn’t matter”. Laughable. You mentioned how are offense would struggle without Phillips to carry them. Y’all have talked about how our defense struggled last season against lv and how your oline didn’t even break a sweat in the game. Also said things about our staff in the past, but now we’re a fantastic football, with a great defensive minded coach, have talent everywhere and experience that should overcome a few injuries. What are you and Wolfie trying to accomplish? Again, I’m just being honest. I’m not going to sit here and act like i know what’s going to happen Friday. I gave my early prediction, but still didn’t know. Just going to game to support my team and hope they can pull out the victory. I didn’t just start thinking this game didn’t matter. It doesn’t matter in the big picture, other than for helping us prepare like I’ve stated and other reasons. It’s true. I’ve talked about the pressure on Longview because of how people feel around the state and what they will say if yall struggled or lost. What some of your own fan base would think about losing this game. Again, stop acting slow. Youre not slow. You and i have talked about your own fan base and how they overreact to games. Need i mention that site that was created not to long ago about firing your coach? People around the state didn’t think Katy would win it all in 03 after losing at Abe in a blowout. People have felt the same way about several teams when they lost big games or games in the first few weeks. It happens. Which was my point about that pressure. Not that we were actually playing for something that matters. I understand it doesn’t matter in the long run. As long as both teams keep their remaining guys healthy, get guys back and continue to improve. Other than the experience and helping us prepare for teams down the road, it doesn’t matter. 

Apples and oranges my you know what. The players that we lost are just as important (if not more) as Bivins was to that lobo team. 

What?

Yall are losing a program record breaking player who is the heart and soul of your team for the ENTIRE season?

but you do not know it all.

Never claimed I did, hater.

And this coming from a dude that won't tell me what I don't know. Lol 

I'll ask again, enlighten me on what I don't know. Don't deflect, answer the question.

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

What?

Yall are losing a program record breaking player who is the heart and soul of your team for the ENTIRE season? 

He doesn't understand it because even after losing Bivins, we beat them there by 31. 

It's funny, he's doing all this talking about "If Longview can't beat us when we're all hurt....", yet that's exactly what Longview did in 2012. 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

He doesn't understand it because even after losing Bivins, we beat them there by 31. 

It's funny, he's doing all this talking about "If Longview can't beat us when we're all hurt....", yet that's exactly what Longview did in 2012. 

And we couldn't get a pass when we went to Abe much more depleted than they are now back in 2014, now they want a pass.

Nope.