Week One: 5A #3 Lufkin at 6A #7 Longview (08/31)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I'm going to be looking for you. You owe me 2 hot dogs, a Dr. Pepper, and Popcorn, right? 

Dang Johnny, you're worse than my kids. I'm gonna be broke by halftime. 😄

I’ve read every single thing in this forum and it took me a long time. I’ve read many Longview forums over the past 3-4 years. Finally I decided to make an account late last year I think right before the KC game and was honestly extremely frustrated and sad about how the Midway game ended so I told myself I wouldn’t get back on until the season was about to start so here I am.

My first Longview/Lufkin game I ever went to was the 2008 3OT game. I was 13 at the time and instantly fell in love with Lobo football and the Lobo/Lufkin rivalry. I’ve only missed 2 Longview/Lufkin since then one being the 2014 comeback due to some military duties, but even then I listened in to the game on a radio app on my phone. That being said, I respect Lufkin more than any other football program in the state mainly because over the past 10 years there have been countless classics and that fan base is just as crazy and amazing as ours is. When we aren’t playing them I always root for them and I’m sure most of the pack fans do the same. Yes it’s a huge rivalry but a rivalry where no matter what anyone says both sides have enormous respect for one another. I’m so ready for this game and ready to see another 10 years of Lobo football. TIME TO LOBO UP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

Longview fans where is the best spot to grab a pregame meal ?? I’ll be in Longview by 4:30

Tons of good places...  there's the usual chain restaurant fare of course, but I recommend locally-owned stops: The Butcher Shop (my favorite), The Catch, The Diner, etc. 

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

Longview fans where is the best spot to grab a pregame meal ?? I’ll be in Longview by 4:30

Plenty of places honestly. The choices are almost endless along the loop near the stadium + the Hawkins PKWY/4th St/Eastman Rd (259) corridor. That's if you want something near the stadium. Many others around the city.

Me personally will be visiting Juicy's prior to the game. Been a while since I've had it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Dudley's Cajun opens at like 5. Good stuff. Gotta have the Crawfish Pies. 

Pizza King is a good one, too. 

Am I a heretic for not loving Pizza King? 

I find their dough too crispy and bland. They tend to pile on the toppings (which is good), but the pie often turns into a greasy wilting mess because of the crust. 

But you're dead-on about Dudley's. If you like Cajun cuisine, I'm not sure you'll find a better place in East Texas than Dudley's. Real talk. 

3 minutes ago, AKA said:

Am I a heretic for not loving Pizza King? 

I find their dough too crispy and bland. They tend to pile on the toppings (which is good), but the pie often turns into a greasy wilting mess because of the crust. 

But you're dead-on about Dudley's. If you like Cajun cuisine, I'm not sure you'll find a better place in East Texas than Dudley's. Real talk.  

If I had a complaint about Pizza King, it'd be the crust for sure. 

• Like 1