Week One: 5A #3 Lufkin at 6A #7 Longview (08/31)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

22 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Dudley's Cajun opens at like 5. Good stuff. Gotta have the Crawfish Pies. 

Pizza King is a good one, too. 

Man, I keep forgetting about Pizza King! Damn, good pizza and a staple in the Longview community waaay before Papa John's and Pizza Hut. But, I do miss Pizza Inn as a child growing up in the middle 1980's and very early 90's. Hell, I miss Pancho's Mexican Restaurant. I use to give them sopapillas the business back in the day with that large squeeze bottle of honey & syrup!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quick said:

Man, I keep forgetting about Pizza King! Damn, good pizza and a staple in the Longview community waaay before Papa John's and Pizza Hut. But, I do miss Pizza Inn as a child growing up in the middle 1980's and very early 90's. Hell, I miss Pancho's Mexican Restaurant. I use to give them sopapillas the business back in the day with that large squeeze bottle of honey & syrup!

Is Panchos the one that was off of 31? Because if so yeah I used to love that place. Was very young but went with my family alot

32 minutes ago, Quick said:

Pizza Inn and the tabletop arcade games FTW!!! 

And the chili rellenos from Pancho's taste like nostalgia. Sooooo good. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Totally agree that THIS is a very good article about the series dating back over Coach King's 15 years.

I recall my senior year football season of 1981 when we played at Lufkin in a game that will be remembered as the "Fog Bowl". 

It was October 9 and Old Abe was absolutely shrouded in a thick dense covering of fog. In a defensive battle the Lobos left with a 12-0 win. There was no way to even pass the ball the visibility was that bad. Of course, Coach Cox's teams rarely went to the airways in that era and were defensive-minded anyways.

It was remarkable to me as my dad would pass away the very next week at the very young age of 45 as he laid in Longview Regional Hospital with a work related lung disease.

Just relating my memory to time coming up on 37 years ago. The game and rivalry itself really hasn't changed that much.

Enjoy tonight's game and here's to wishing everyone from Lufkin as well as Longview safe travels to and from Lobo Stadium.

Go Lobos...

R. J.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ANTI said:

Are yall sure Moore is long term better than him? 

I haven't seen a LP QB make this amount of impact as a freshmen in a while, probably since Bush Smiley was a freshmen.

Guess we will see. Moore is the one everyone raves about. 

5 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Guess we will see. Moore is the one everyone raves about. 

Will be interesting. I bet one of the two end up changing positions. 

Longview's next QB after the Haynes era is probably currently in 8th grade.

15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Will be interesting. I bet one of the two end up changing positions. 

Longview's next QB after the Haynes era is probably currently in 8th grade.

Which campus? i was taking pictures during practice at Foster yesterday and the QBs...  well, uh, they're pretty good at handing the ball off.  😕 

2 hours ago, Quick said:

Lmao

Loved Pancho's too. Makes me sad every time I drive into town and see it closed down. We used to get a family pack that had so much for and was only like $11.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

I am not surprised Judson and forest park 8th grade were horrible last year 

Forest Park and Foster were actually good last year. Now Judson was bad but most years they're below .500.

Forest Park went 8-1

Foster went 7-2

Judson went 1-8

Forest Park beat Lufkin but both Foster and Judson loss to them. But.. Forest Park's lone loss was to Foster 8-0.

Expected another good class. Never expected them to be as strong as the past 3 freshmen squads (especially after seeing them in practice after they made it to LHS) but..expected good.

I think that class has some good individual talent like Taylor, Wallace, Cox but the chemistry is not there at all. Freshmen coaching needs work too though, they run the ball and throw sideway screens way too much. Nothing happening vertically.