Week One: 5A #3 Lufkin at 6A #7 Longview (08/31)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

And more than enough Pack fans said on your board that they wished the series would end as well.

I rather face those 3 teams just because it'll prepare us for the playoffs. I don't think Marshall or Ruston helps us prepare for the playoffs, just my opinion. John Tyler and Lufkin are both huge, huge rivalry games right now and they are pretty unpredictable for the most part. I'm just tired of the Lufkin series (which has also been mentioned on the Lp board). It drains so much out of each fan base.

Still wish the Arlington Martin series came to fruition, but is what it is.

We didn’t want it to end because of the level of competition, it was mostly because of we were just tired of playing against y’all. The lobo fan that i mentioned was talking like we were trash and y’all could do better than to continue the series with us 

On 7/5/2018 at 11:35 PM, ANTI said:

Realignment didn't allow it + that was a Peterman-King thing.

Correct...it was really only an option if both needed a Week 4 game and even then w/Peterman gone it might not have happened...Longview was locked in Week 1 and 2 for sure....DeSoto is still locked into that Week 3 thing in Dallas (a deal made when Coach Mathis was there); plus Longview is playing JT...great rivalry and gate game....I think if DeSoto was in a 7 team district the game would have had a decent chance to be played

19 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Is there still not a rule regarding Friday night games being telecast live? That used to be the case, hence the many Thursday and Saturday televised games...

Gonna try hard to make it to this one, and possibly Ruston. 

That is still the case, but somehow this is different. Don't want to go into the specifics, because they're still being worked out. 

24 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Is there still not a rule regarding Friday night games being telecast live? That used to be the case, hence the many Thursday and Saturday televised games...

Gonna try hard to make it to this one, and possibly Ruston. 

UIL allows FSSW to televise one game every Friday I believe. Or it might just be one every season. They modified the rule last season I know that for sure.

And of course, playoffs are a completely different story now (Friday or not).

Thanks for the info. 

Now that you mention it, I remember the Westbrook game being televised, at least online. That was a really good game, despite the final score. 

Heck, all playoff games were awesome last season. I hate that we lost on two missed chip shot FGs (after someone pumped up how great our kicker was on this forum last year) but that's football. 

The UIL does not allow live Friday night regular season broadcasts....they made an exception last year for Week 1 and are making an exception this year....the games for this year (2) will be announced at Coaching School in two weeks

On 7/2/2018 at 10:37 AM, LoboFan07 said:

All-Time Record: 713-345-52 (Playoffs: 63-41-1)

Just a side note now that I've finally finished adding 6 previously unknown games to the website.

Added 1 game against Mineola, 1 against Henderson, 1 against Shreveport Byrd and 3 against John Tyler.

Longview went 1-5 in these games to bring the overall records for the Lobos to the above number.

• Thanks 1

Going to be another hard fought game between two ranked programs. It is a shame it is the first game of the year, would of like to see this one game 3. I voted blow out just for grins because three Lobo folks did the same for their team. All in fun, poll won't decide it. A great test to get both teams ready for an expected big season ahead.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hlion said:

So did y'all win against Henderson we have the scoreboard over y'all 1963 3-0 ( I think) LoL take it where I can get it

Lost against Henderson in '21, record stands at 15-7-4 by my records. I found one article mentioning another game between us, but I never found proof the game actually took place. So the jury is out on that one still.

2 hours ago, Hlion said:

I was clearly joking but Henderson News has a record of beating them so ....last win was the Lions 

I vote we have a rematch...  sometime in January, full-contact no pads on a vacant lot in South Longview.  :D 

4 hours ago, Hlion said:

I was clearly joking but Henderson News has a record of beating them so ....last win was the Lions 

You asked if we won in the game I found, and I responded that no we didn't.

Yes, it's known Henderson has won the last two games we've played when we were a combined 5-14-1 in those two seasons.

Doubt we'll be playing anytime soon again. Y'all just missed out on it when we dropped in 08.