Week One: 5A #3 Lufkin at 6A #7 Longview (08/31)

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

I’m not sure why you think we have to match that production from last year in order to be successful or win. It’s been proven that we can reload on offense basically every year. 

Simple, I don’t think Thomas is as good of a QB as Haynes is. And without as solid of a rushing game as y’all had last November, I don’t see your defense being able to stop our offense enough to keep up. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Love how PackAttack is posting everything I say on twitter lol.

That's a heavy dose of obsession right there.

If you're getting that much attention over your prediction, imagine the hostility when they finally see mine. 

Image result for laughing gif

• LOL! 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

33 minutes ago, Hlion said:

I mean do they honestly expect y'all to go for Lufkin LoL.

The way some of (mainly one) responds to our stuff, yes. But it's been well established that that person hasn't an extremely unhealthy hatred for our program.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

18 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

41-38 LP. 

As I posted on the 6A board, Lufkin has never scored 40 points inside the "new" Lobo Stadium. They've only ever scored 30+ points in 3 previous games, and they lost 2 of those (and one was a 3 OT game).

Went back and looked at the old Lobo Stadium as well, they scored 40 points once in that stadium. Funny enough, that year (1954) they were ranked #1 in the state. Lost to the eventual state champs on pens.

Anyways, in 38 visits to Lobo Stadium (new and old)..they've only scored 40 once and 30 or more 5 times. They're only 3-2 in those games.

Sorry to bust your feeble bubble, but I'm not posting anything that you're writing on Twitter or anywhere else, only the Lufkin Panther Sports Forum.

Don't even have a Twitter account.

Other Lufkin people read your stuff too, so hate to disappoint,  it's not me this time. So you guys can pick on someone else.

• Thanks 2
  • Stinks 3

23 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Sorry to bust your feeble bubble, but I'm not posting anything that you're writing on Twitter or anywhere else, only the Lufkin Panther Sports Forum.

Whoever owns the LPS twitter is doing it then. Just assumed it was you since you use to own it.

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Simple, I don’t think Thomas is as good of a QB as Haynes is. And without as solid of a rushing game as y’all had last November, I don’t see your defense being able to stop our offense enough to keep up. 

So, you think it will be a blowout? 

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

I don't have a problem with you saying Haynes is better than thomas man but all the stuff you have said is void basically you say your defense is better i hope so because our rb ran all over yall last year at sfa. Idk if you dont know but year in and year out just like longview we have div 1 rbs coming from lufkin so yeah not worried about our rb situation we know What we have on offense one of the best lines in east texas a veteran qb and studs a wrs 1 that is div 1 with offers from Arkansas. So guess what i think we will be fine an offense racked up over 400+ yards against yalls defense last year which doesnt have 9 starters from last year. Then we have the best dline in the state no question yall scored 33 pts last year 14 came off a muffed punt and a blocked put yall had 381 yards total offense and i bet 2/3 of that came in the first half. Bro nothing has change on our defense and yalls offense hasnt change so thats a push the fact that yalls defense has only 3 starters coming back and we have most of our offense coming back im taking lufkin stop trying to act like you have the answers for everything its getting old.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 3

1 hour ago, allstate4 said:

I don't have a problem with you saying Haynes is better than thomas man but all the stuff you have said is void basically you say your defense is better i hope so because our rb ran all over yall last year at sfa. Idk if you dont know but year in and year out just like longview we have div 1 rbs coming from lufkin so yeah not worried about our rb situation we know What we have on offense one of the best lines in east texas a veteran qb and studs a wrs 1 that is div 1 with offers from Arkansas. So guess what i think we will be fine an offense racked up over 400+ yards against yalls defense last year which doesnt have 9 starters from last year. Then we have the best dline in the state no question yall scored 33 pts last year 14 came off a muffed punt and a blocked put yall had 381 yards total offense and i bet 2/3 of that came in the first half. Bro nothing has change on our defense and yalls offense hasnt change so thats a push the fact that yalls defense has only 3 starters coming back and we have most of our offense coming back im taking lufkin stop trying to act like you have the answers for everything its getting old.

Lufkin by 10.  

• Like 2
  • Stinks 2

1 hour ago, allstate4 said:

I'd think you'd have all the answers if you learned how to use a period, breh. 

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Don't even have a Twitter account.

Other Lufkin people read your stuff too, so hate to disappoint,  it's not me this time. So you guys can pick on someone else.

No dude. I'll always pick on you. Cause your meltdown after last season was embarrassing. I was embarrassed for you. I'm actually surprised you're showing your face here after that. 

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

Please don't be embarrassed for me .  I don't have any trouble showing my face my anywhere my friend. Believe me I can more than handle myself in almost any situation. Just keep your opinions to yourself and I'll keep mine to myself. Sometimes people just need to be quiet,  like you in this situation. I'm fed up those people who don't think anyone else can have a a counter opinion whether it's right or wrong. I can't see there's much you can do about it except keep lashing out with childish insults and making yourself look small.

22 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

No dude. I'll always pick on you. Cause your meltdown after last season was embarrassing. I was embarrassed for you. I'm actually surprised you're showing your face here after that. 

So, you’re a troll like lion basically? 

• LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

So, you’re a troll like lion basically? 

Not even remotely similar.... Noting a meltdown that we all saw and laughed at is not "trolling". I do remember you getting triggered by the crying Jordan meme too, though, so it's no surprise that you think that's trolling 😜

• Stinks 1

24 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Please don't be embarrassed for me .  I don't have any trouble showing my face my anywhere my friend. Believe me I can more than handle myself in almost any situation. Just keep your opinions to yourself and I'll keep mine to myself. Sometimes people just need to be quiet,  like you in this situation. I'm fed up those people who don't think anyone else can have a a counter opinion whether it's right or wrong. I can't see there's much you can do about it except keep lashing out with childish insults and making yourself look small.

I mean this is a sports forum. It's whole purpose is for sharing opinions and thoughts. Because you don't like me pointing out your humiliating meltdown doesn't mean I should censor myself... It means you shouldn't have meltdowns that can be mocked. I hope that helps. :)  

Well, Johnny want a be football?, There have been some classic meltdowns by some Lobo fans after they've lost State final games and such too. I just did one for my team. Big deal.  To me your just another fine example of a jerk behind a forum name.  Hope that helps you. I am out of here, you guys can have it all back to yourselves the way you like it. Total waste if time here. 

2 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Well, Johnny want a be football?, There have been some classic meltdowns by some Lobo fans after they've lost State final games and such too. I just did one for my team. Big deal.  To me your just another fine example of a jerk behind a forum name.  Hope that helps you. I am out of here, you guys can have it all back to yourselves the way you like it. Total waste if time here. No need to respond, because I won't be back to read it. 😥

19 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Well, Johnny want a be football?, There have been some classic meltdowns by some Lobo fans after they've lost State final games and such too. I just did one for my team. Big deal.  To me your just another fine example of a jerk behind a forum name.  Hope that helps you. I am out of here, you guys can have it all back to yourselves the way you like it. Total waste if time here. 

Yeah take it up with those Lobo fans.  :)

I don't want you to leave. Really, I don't. You don't have to like what I say... You got super defensive at an honest mistake LoboFan07 made and it reminded me of how delicate you are.  Kinda like now when the slightest bit of ribbing is sending you back to the echo chamber that is LPS

42 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Not even remotely similar.... Noting a meltdown that we all saw and laughed at is not "trolling". I do remember you getting triggered by the crying Jordan meme too, though, so it's no surprise that you think that's trolling 😜

You going out of your way to pick on someone and trying to provoke them with the “i’m surprised you even showed your face” bs because of past posts is basically a form of trolling imo. I do remember you getting in your feelings about a lot of things in the past though. Usually when someone mentions about lobos eating their own, you are the main one arguing back and forth with another lobo because you were in your “feelings”. I didn’t think after what happened the kid should’ve been made fun of. Just my opinion. Definitely wasn’t in my feelings. If i was, believe me you would’ve known. 

48 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

You going out of your way to pick on someone and trying to provoke them with the “i’m surprised you even showed your face” bs because of past posts is basically a form of trolling imo. I do remember you getting in your feelings about a lot of things in the past though. Usually when someone mentions about lobos eating their own, you are the main one arguing back and forth with another lobo because you were in your “feelings”. I didn’t think after what happened the kid should’ve been made fun of. Just my opinion. Definitely wasn’t in my feelings. If i was, believe me you would’ve known. 

Well, if another Lobo says something factually incorrect, I'm going to disagree with it. Has nothing to do with "feelings". Other people interpreting that as "eating their own" is whatever.