2018 SDC Fantasy Football League Preseason Business

Stoney

Well it’s almost that time of year folks. The last month before training camp begins. Any ideas or suggestions on things you want to see this season, No kickers? No TE but an extra FLEX? Anything like that, let’s talk about it here. We do need to discuss adding a 10th member or more if want to do that.

@KirtFalcon

@Golfingnut

@topher805

@MavGrad99

@Stoney

@AKA

@thegreatbambino

@DaveTV1

@WestHardinfan1

I liked having the extra flex last year. Extra WR/RB helped make for some high scoring and tight games. Would y’all want to add another in place of a designated TE spot? It could be a RB/WR/TE flex position?

Everybody still okay with the one player hold over from the previous season? Anybody want to have a complete redraft?

Any suggestions for a 10th player?

32 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I liked having the extra flex last year. Extra WR/RB   :thumbsup: helped make for some high scoring and tight games. Would y’all want to add another in place of a designated TE spot? It could be a RB/WR/TE flex position?

Everybody still okay with the one player hold over from the previous season?   :thumbsup:Anybody want to have a complete redraft?

What's wrong with having a TE????? ....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I liked the draft when it worked but there were some issues that made it difficult at times. Personally I’d rather knock it out in one night and be done with it.

Yes, I would like to see a one night live draft ...

• Like 1

Just now, KirtFalcon said:

What's wrong with having a TE????? ....

There’s a big difference in having a Gronk versus having a Blake Jarwin. Some leagues use it to kinda balance things out.

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yes, I would like to see a one night live draft ...

I think that would be best. With trying to work around everybody’s schedule about when to restart the draft, when to end the draft, who’s still on the board, I think that’s be the easiest.

26 minutes ago, Stoney said:

There’s a big difference in having a Gronk versus having a Blake Jarwin. Some leagues use it to kinda balance things out.

Gronk is usually hurt half the season, so he's only good for a couple of games.  Who know's what he's going to do retire or be traded ?  Who knows with him until training camp starts this month.  Last month for no games of football, and I'm glad.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Gronk is usually hurt half the season, so he's only good for a couple of games.  Who know's what he's going to do retire or be traded ?  Who knows with him until training camp starts this month.  Last month for no games of football, and I'm glad.  

That whole deal after the Super Bowl and talking retirement was weird. Was it Landry or Jimmy or it might have been Parcells, talking about when a guy talks retirement he’s already done. You might as well get rid of him. The Patriots dynasty is gonna end as bizarre as it started.

That’s part of the reason of having a TE Flex. How many legitimate TEs are there that are Fantasy relevant. Gronk gets hurt who are you gonna replace him with? A second string TE or would you like to use a FLEX on a Cole Beasley type WR? Maybe a Darren Sproles like RB? It just gives you options instead of hoping you get lucky on a TE.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stoney said:

I liked having the extra flex last year. Extra WR/RB helped make for some high scoring and tight games. Would y’all want to add another in place of a designated TE spot? It could be a RB/WR/TE flex position?

Everybody still okay with the one player hold over from the previous season? Anybody want to have a complete redraft?

Sounds good....and YES, keep the holdover......

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

I'm good with anything. But I prefer no keepers, I like having different players.

I’m going to have to vote we get to keep one player......if you don’t want to keep one, don’t.....

I say one player, but I forgot who I had last year.  I thought the NFL let you check the prior season, but it's not now.  Nevermind did some tinkering.  I'll keep LeVeon Bell, but I'm tempted to keep the Jaguars Defense.  They were almost as good as a top tier player last year.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mr. P locked this topic