Hagar

Well I am sure that Ivanka Trump is educated, see her bio https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanka_Trump

As far as being a trained diplomat, where does one go to get trained for diplomatic liaison. But I would imagine she has more as much experience as any other diplomat, including Hillary Clinton, Rex Tillerson, or even obama himself. And just a simple statement about the US or herself, aren't all government officials in it for themselves? We haven't had a George Washington or John Adams in centuries. Heck the closest person I can think of that was what I would call a "good American" was Jimmy Carter, and he was the worst President ever. All the rest in the government, they are in it for themselves, for the power, the glory, the kickbacks. 

So yes, she is qualified to be a diplomat from the United States. And I would bet that she does it for both herself and for her country, but more for her personal gain. 

The emoluments clause, also called the foreign emoluments clause, is a provision of the U.S. Constitution (Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 😎 that generally prohibits federal officeholders from receiving any gift, payment, or other thing of value from a foreign state or its rulers, officers, or representatives.

11 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

The emoluments clause, also called the foreign emoluments clause, is a provision of the U.S. Constitution (Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 😎 that generally prohibits federal officeholders from receiving any gift, payment, or other thing of value from a foreign state or its rulers, officers, or representatives.

Gee, did you support that clause during Hillary's years or is that just used for people the leftist hate. If you don't think that politicians are only looking out for themselves, then you sir, or madam, are living in Neverland. But are not gifts allowed as long as they are reported to the Customs department. I mean, how could the bust of Churchill be sent back to England if it hadn't been received or given to us. But by all means please keep telling yourself that ALL politicians are in it for the good of the United States. 

Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven. William Shakespeare

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Is Ivanka Trump a trained, educated, experienced diplomat who will look out for US interests, not her own? That is what I am asking. 

I would put you in your place for this idiotic post, but Danny Zuco did it better than I could.   

4 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I’m pretty certain she is infinitely smarter than AOC....

You got that right ... Ivanka Trump has a lot of executive experience running her own companies as well as managing a lot of her fathers business interests ... AOC has worked as a bartender and she wants to question Ivanka Trump's qualifications?   .... Laughable!!!! ....

• Like 1

‘Truth’? 🤣

You can look at the reactions or read about them of those involved from other countries to see how they feel about a lightweight ‘Daddy’s girl’ getting involved in complex diplomacy! We are a laughingstock around the world, with this kind of nonsense. Ivanka and Jared Kushner, the inane sob in law, are seen as dupes to be humored OR taken advantage of by other countries. 

It’s just knee jerk defense, and it’s really funny to see the indignation! 😅

50 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

‘Truth’? 🤣

You can look at the reactions or read about them of those involved from other countries to see how they feel about a lightweight ‘Daddy’s girl’ getting involved in complex diplomacy! We are a laughingstock around the world, with this kind of nonsense. Ivanka and Jared Kushner, the inane sob in law, are seen as dupes to be humored OR taken advantage of by other countries. 

Someone seems to have skipped their “crazy pills” today.....😱😳

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

Barry makes one good point.  We (Americans) are the laughingstock of the world, and why not.  We elected a barmaid to Congress.  We elected a community organizer as president, twice.   We proclaimed, in 2001, “We’ll never forget”, then elect two Muslims to Congress.   Laughingstock?   That’s a nice word for it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

‘Truth’? 🤣

You sound like a George Soros clone .... long on libtard rhetoric and short on facts ...

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

‘Truth’? 🤣

I don't care what people in other countries think. Bottom line is Trump is our President and he is concerned for our legal citizens. Unfortunately the Dems care more about what people in other countries think or do instead of who voted them in. Their hatred & obsession of Trump rules their every waking moment.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2019 at 5:37 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Exactly why I asked Centexfan to show proof of his claims of the abuse by immigration officials.  They believe that just because you say it, it makes it so.  AOC doesn't even look like she's crying where are the tear marks ?  Even if one doesn't wear makeup they still show up.  It was all staged.   

Then why didn't the detention camp deny it, ? She flat out admitted it to the judge about everything.   They just tried to justify the harsh treatment.

• Stinks 1

Here's my personal feelings on this... We have these centers to house illegals while we try to get them back to their country...  They got here illegally and I am sure they are fed and housed with the budget they are given for those places...

Is it enough $$$ for the number of people there?  Probably not...  

BUT

THEY SHOULDN'T BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!  We didn't take them from their homes... They came to ours.  We are trying to send them back to Mexico, but it seems like they want them as much as we do...  It should be simple... Here is your Mexican that got lost and somehow ended up here in Texas, you can have them back for free.  Be sure to send your American back if they happen to get lost... Thanks!

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

9 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Is Ivanka Trump a trained, educated, experienced diplomat who will look out for US interests, not her own? That is what I am asking. 

Is there anyone in our government that you would answer "yes" to that question?  :O 

Over the years, absolutely. We have had a long history of educated and well spoken diplomatic envoys who have often worked behind the scenes, across different administrations, for US interests. 

The current administration has steadfastly refused to require or comply with following basic procedures and policies designed to avoid conflict of interests in financial matters, and they have ignored protocols for security clearances, especially Trump’s daughter and son-in-law. This is NOT usual or acceptable. This is painfully obviously purposeful for personal gain. Or Choice B, it’s disdain or ignorance, and it’s amateurs in charge. 

57 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Over the years, absolutely. We have had a long history of educated and well spoken diplomatic envoys who have often worked behind the scenes, across different administrations, for US interests. 

Who?

57 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

The current administration has steadfastly refused to require or comply with following basic procedures and policies designed to avoid conflict of interests in financial matters, and they have ignored protocols for security clearances, especially Trump’s daughter and son-in-law. This is NOT usual or acceptable. This is painfully obviously purposeful for personal gain. Or Choice B, it’s disdain or ignorance, and it’s amateurs in charge. 

"Refused to require or comply"? That absolutely describes the democratic party. Do you get your talking points from leftist fake news or from looking in a mirror?

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Here's my personal feelings on this... We have these centers to house illegals while we try to get them back to their country...  They got here illegally and I am sure they are fed and housed with the budget they are given for those places...

Is it enough $$$ for the number of people there?  Probably not...  

BUT

THEY SHOULDN'T BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!  We didn't take them from their homes... They came to ours.  We are trying to send them back to Mexico, but it seems like they want them as much as we do...  It should be simple... Here is your Mexican that got lost and somehow ended up here in Texas, you can have them back for free.  Be sure to send your American back if they happen to get lost... Thanks!

Amen.

I would think one of the requirements for a diplomat would be having a semblance of class.  Ivanka has that.  She’s probably a 10 on the ‘Class meter’.   Guess where AOC is on the class meter?   On the plus side, AOC is about a 10 on the stupid meter.