An alternative look at the Genesis Study from Mav01

RETIREDFAN1

I think sethite makes no sense first of all. Just with the contexts and the meaning of bene elohim and the watchers.. Plus you have history of major smart civilizations and Book of Enoch. Which is quoted in the bible and used as a reliable source. Its also a legit book of the bible in some instances. Ethiopian I know for sure and they are of original jewish decent. Plus all ive mentioned already. Youd have to be very close minded to believe anything else. I could add more if i needed but it would be discarded bc the most basic things so far have been and it goes much deeper. 

12 hours ago, mav01 said:

Ok.. Ive seen too much to believe that. I could go all day but wouldn't matter bc most everyone is so lost. Minds are like parachutes, they only work when theyre opened. 

I can only go on what the scriptures have told us, and God revealed to them.  I can't base anything on what man has interpreted into His scripture.  Those that followed the teachings of God as told to Adam from God were the Sons of God, and those that followed Cain and thus Satan were the Daughters of men.  While satan is only mentioned in Genesis as the serpent in the Garden of Eden, he was still tempting the son's and daughters of Adam and the descendants of Cain.  Cain fell under satan's influence when he murdered his brother.  To say he did it on his own without being tempted is ridiculous in my opinion.  While he is not spoken much in the Old Testament we can see he was able to gain many followers, and why the flood had to happen.  We do not know the population of the earth at that time, but I'm sure there were millions of people by then, because people lived long lives.  It didn't take Cain very long to build a city in Nod.  I'd say within 200 years it was a decent sized city if all of his children were producing like rabbits as well.  I simply can't base that on fact, because it wasn't revealed.  All we know is God did not speak to him anymore to reveal His will, since there is no history of his family except a few.  We only know of Enoch, Irad, Mehujael, Methushael, Lamech, and Jabal/Jubal/Tubal-cain.  However he had to have more children then that.  The same could be said of Adam, but we only know of the Patriarchs and Prophets of the Bible.  The Patriarchs in my opinion were also prophets since they received revelations from God.  We know he was taught in the Garden of Eden daily, but not what he was told.  

The thing is,  im reading the same bible. You are going by what mainstream churches teach. This is a context issue, not a word of god issue. Thats when you start looking into meanings, history, and other books around the same time period. Also, common sense says two non giants won't create a giant race. This isnt the same as the current rare disease that causes abnormal growth. This was an entire race of giants and men of renown. I think mighty men of renown is often overlooked. When you see giant people nowadays they are not mighty at all. Usually the bigger they grow the slower and more fragile they get. The Giants of old were much taller with great strength and could run like usain bolt. (As told by actual multiple accounts) They were seen out running herds of large animals and picking them up like they were nothing. Nimrod is depicted as holding a lion and making it look like a kitten. 

Heres an older short video that shows a small glimpse. Keep in mind that she is inside a serpent egg. (as it was in the days of noah, so shall it be w the coming of the son of man)

Id also suggest her "born this way" video. Showing mother goddess(Isis, Ishtar, queen of heaven) birthing a new race. When the catholic church worships Mary they are actually worshipping mother goddess. Who gave birth to Tammuz/Horus on December 25th. Thats where our Christmas and Easter(ishtar, fertility goddess) come from. They always intermingle christ with their pagan holidays and beliefs. Jesus said many will come in his name and will be wolves in sheeps clothing. 

So you haven’t SEEN anything.....you “think” this and “watched” that video.....God tells us we ALL “think” we are right...His Word is absolute Truth.....it is not subject to our thoughts or feelings......and I’ve “watched” dinosaurs and seen men fly without mechanical aid on video and tv.....

Vol.III No.I Pg.1
February 1966

The Authority Of Truth

Robert F. Turner

Truth is, abstractly, "a conformity to fact or reality" and its authority is the authority of reality. What is, must remain in constant conflict with that which only seems or claims to be.

Other types or sources of authority, such as that of parent over the child, state over citizen, must conform to truth or "right," or face an inevitable rebellion. (Might can not make right -- a lesson all advocates of "majority rule" should remember.) (Rebellion, of itself, does not prove a thing right; but does confirm the force of conflict between truth and error. Both represent power.)

Truth does not, as error, seek to force itself upon us. It must be sought after -- freely grasped. Many never find truth for the simple reason that they are too lazy or unconcerned to seek it. But let none think respect for free-will lessens the authority of truth. Disregard it, and the consequences of error are imposed. The world is filled with confused and unhappy people who, knowingly or in ignorance, have tried to live in conflict with truth. Truth is a benevolent ruler. It frees its subjects from entangling traditions and prejudices. It opens to us the wondrous harmony of the universe; with Creator and creature, spiritual and material, each in its place. It breeds the peace of unity.

But truth exacts her price. An honest man may walk in error while he searches for truth; but once he finds it, he must change his ways or become dishonest. Truth is the boundary of research in any given field; for when truth is known, one has no further freedom there. He must be subject to that truth, or wear the cloak of hypocrisy. Truth beckons the seeker, but binds those who enter her realm.

Such sovereign authority is, in its ultimate sense, suited to God alone. Jehovah is God of truth, His word is truth (Deu. 32:4; Jno. 17:17). Respect and desire for truth leads man to God, and any other attitude is contrary to God-like-ness. The way to heaven is the Way of truth (Jno. 14:6) and woe to him who spurns Him.

No i didnt watch A video. Ive done much more. Ive seen plenty of conspiracies pushed out i can debunk and i dont believe. I act like im in a jury and hear both sides, and in this case its not even close. Im very open minded but Im not gullible at all. I set out to prove and in this case I believe i have. I dont understand how people can hang on to a theory that makes no sense. But that's how people are. They go by what they learn early on in life and never challenge it. 

Jesus is the only real truth. The  bible is often misinterpreted in certain areas and god knows this. So feel free to keep your false ideas. Im sure you know as i know about our savior and we can agree on that. Its all that matters in the end. At least we are in this religion forum while most seem to be in politics arguing about things that arent in our control anymore. 

On 7/18/2018 at 5:22 PM, mav01 said:

The thing is,  im reading the same bible. You are going by what mainstream churches teach. This is a context issue, not a word of god issue. Thats when you start looking into meanings, history, and other books around the same time period. Also, common sense says two non giants won't create a giant race. This isnt the same as the current rare disease that causes abnormal growth. This was an entire race of giants and men of renown. I think mighty men of renown is often overlooked. When you see giant people nowadays they are not mighty at all. Usually the bigger they grow the slower and more fragile they get. The Giants of old were much taller with great strength and could run like usain bolt. (As told by actual multiple accounts) They were seen out running herds of large animals and picking them up like they were nothing. Nimrod is depicted as holding a lion and making it look like a kitten. 

Nimrod came after the flood as did Goliath yet they had many of the same genes that had to have been in the DNA of Moses, Shem, Ham, and Japeth.  Yet after the flood did not hear of human beings having a very long longevity. Samson is another example, but his strength was in his hair. We are told in Psalms 90:10 "The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is cut of, and we fly away".  

I have stated that the Bible is not complete without the other writings of many prophets and patriarch's of the Old Testament.  Human beings decided their writings were unimportant.  Many are mentioned in the "accepted" Old Testament and New Testament of today, and since they were why leave them out ?  We can learn many things from them.  That's why I will always say the Bible is incomplete.  Even Martin Luther stated that many scriptures that should have been left out including James and Revelations.  The Catholic Bible has many books in it that we do not see in many Bibles as well.  Why ?  Today we have many versions of the Bible including the Gay Bible that makes no reference to the sins of the LGBTQ.  Recently I saw a headline of one denomination, I don't know which one it was that was about to question if God Himself was male.  How can anyone think otherwise ???  Christ told us He is our Father in Heaven.   

I simply can't accept conjecture from people who desire to bring in what they think may have been reasons.  It's pure speculation, unless God reveals it.  When that happens in my opinion will be in heaven, but only if we want to learn of it.  I believe we were created spiritually first, and we have existed perhaps longer than the earth was created.  This is why Christ is called the First born Son of God.  We know that all spirits, archangels, angels, cherubim,  seraphim, demons and devils were created by God.  Colossians  1:16: "For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him".  I can guess and speculate on how things were, but that doesn't make them so, unless God declares it to His prophets and not book writers.  Many of the lost books of the Bible I have never seen in print, so I can't give my knowledge on it.  I would have to make sure it was from a sound source, and the translation was accurate.  Then I would have to pray, and seek the still small voice of the Holy Ghost to confirm what I had read as being true.  He has never led me astray when it comes to scriptures.  I have sinned by the temptations of the flesh, and lucifer and his minions.  Those I repent of.  

I also believe the bible has been manipulated over the years. Thats why you see so many different translations. The original texts were inspired no doubt,  but its the Latin/Hebrew translators themselves that id be worried about. Esp if they were of the Catholic Church or Zionist sect of Jews. 

17 hours ago, mav01 said:

No i didnt watch A video. Ive done much more. Ive seen plenty of conspiracies pushed out i can debunk and i dont believe. I act like im in a jury and hear both sides, and in this case its not even close. Im very open minded but Im not gullible at all. I set out to prove and in this case I believe i have. I dont understand how people can hang on to a theory that makes no sense. But that's how people are. They go by what they learn early on in life and never challenge it. 

Care to provide EVIDENCE? 

1 hour ago, mav01 said:

I also believe the bible has been manipulated over the years. Thats why you see so many different translations. The original texts were inspired no doubt,  but its the Latin/Hebrew translators themselves that id be worried about. Esp if they were of the Catholic Church or Zionist sect of Jews. 

The Holy Spirit has GUARANTEED that you are wrong......

1 Peter 1:24-25 English Standard Version (ESV)

24 for

“All flesh is like grass
    and all its glory like the flower of grass.
The grass withers,
    and the flower falls,
25 but the word of the Lord remains forever.”

And this word is the good news that was preached to you

HIM I trust, you not so much......

So all translations are created equal? His word is truth but which  interpretation is better and are the worst of the interpretations done purposely? I mean,  we have an old Ethiopian bible that includes Enoch but is otherwise the same books. You have Freemasonry Bibles that include Egyptian history and secrets. You have true Christianity mingled with other crazyness all the time. Mormonism(which has their own bible they say was holy spirit inspired) , Jehovah Witness and Catholicism. Theres even an LGBT bible out now..  smh. Point is, theres always been evil people that know how to deceive. Trust gods word but pray for discernment in the meanings and translations. Todays pastors are even great at taking things out of context on purpose. 

Back to this topic w another of my many reasons youre interpretation is incorrect. God uses metaphors all throughout to help simplify his word. He wants us to understand the contents. We also see very good accounts of offspring and their names throughout. Why would god all of a sudden change things up this chapter? He would have said "when the sons of Seth came into daughters of Cain".  It would be that simple. So why did he say sons of god instead of sons of seth? Would be very confusing had he meant sons of Seth. After all,  he hasnt strayed away from using seths name as of yet, plus we see sons of god refering to angels in other passages. I doubt he would throw in a curveball to throw us off. Esp with these being a new race of giants being created. Its all meant to be very simple and it was simple until a group tried to twist it another way in order to hide the truth of our history. 

11 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

The Holy Spirit has GUARANTEED that you are wrong......

1 Peter 1:24-25 English Standard Version (ESV)

24 for

“All flesh is like grass
    and all its glory like the flower of grass.
The grass withers,
    and the flower falls,
25 but the word of the Lord remains forever.”

And this word is the good news that was preached to you

HIM I trust, you not so much......

The Word of the Lord does remain forever, but the Nicene Creed is where it all happened in 325 AD.  I disagree with their assessment,  because many books that are mentioned in the Bible that were written by Prophets of God are not included.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-canonical_books_referenced_in_the_Bible  .  I don't count the pagan authors, but many are mentioned even in the New Testament.  If Apostles alluded to them then they must have the words of God in them.  The thing about it is many were put to death even by the Catholic Church for possessing scriptures, even if they could read even after the Gutenberg Bible was printed in 1454, but only the wealthy could own them.  The Roman Government would put people to death for having scriptures or preaching about Christianity.  Where was the revelation to the early leaders of the church to toss away God's words so they would be more acceptable to the Roman Government or those in Turkey during that time that were controlled by the Caesars ?  It wasn't until Constantine the Great came to power that Christianity was allowed to spread, and he died 12 years after the Nicene Creed was adopted.  The thing is can those writings still be found, and not simply speculated on ?     

I would not doubt that the Catholic Church still has many of the remnants of those scriptures stored in the Vatican library, yet they don't desire to translate them for people.  That is deceit and corruption, and every Pope should be ashamed for not allowing the truth to be told.  They are bringing damnation to their souls by locking away God's word.  That is one of the reasons I can never accept Catholicism, even with many of the truths that they do teach.  They teach many falsehood's about God's word as well that can be provided by scripture.  I do honestly believe that they were the first Church of Jesus Christ, but their leadership fell into apostasy for $$$.  I've researched the Greek Orthodox Church, and I can easily point out the falsehoods of their teachings according to the Bible.  They were both already lost when the Great Schism occurred in 1054.  Then the Protestant Reformation from 1378-1417.  This is mentioned many times in both the Old and New Testament.  

11 hours ago, mav01 said:

So all translations are created equal? His word is truth but which  interpretation is better and are the worst of the interpretations done purposely? I mean,  we have an old Ethiopian bible that includes Enoch but is otherwise the same books. You have Freemasonry Bibles that include Egyptian history and secrets. You have true Christianity mingled with other crazyness all the time. Mormonism(which has their own bible they say was holy spirit inspired) , Jehovah Witness and Catholicism. Theres even an LGBT bible out now..  smh. Point is, theres always been evil people that know how to deceive. Trust gods word but pray for discernment in the meanings and translations. Todays pastors are even great at taking things out of context on purpose. 

The LDS/Mormon faith does not have it's "own Bible", we have the "Book of Mormon" the "Pearl of Great Price", and "The Doctrine and Covenants".  I've read the "Book of Mormon" 7 times, and never read anything that was contradictory to the Bible.  If I had, I would have left the faith years ago in my early teens when I read the Bible from cover to cover.  The "Book of Mormon" only gives the account of those that still followed God when they left Jerusalem.  There are books missing from it as well, because of the unrighteousness of Joseph Smith.  Nothing in any of those scriptures contradict what is in the Bible including polygamy that many harp upon.  Polygamy was allowed by the Lord God in both the Old and New Testament with only a Bishop being allowed to have one wife to minister of the church.  1 Timothy 3:2-12.  What other crazy beliefs do we have.  Baptism for the dead.  Corinthians 15:29.  I've performed the work for others that passed through without having a chance to be baptized on earth.  I know those that weren't able to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ while on earth will have the opportunity to accept Christ on the other side of the veil while they are either in Paradise or Spirit Prison.  1 Peter 3:18-20 and I've already taught how Paradise is not Heaven, but "Touch me not for I have yet to ascend to my Father who art in heaven." John 20:17 so the prisoner on the cross next to Christ did not go to heaven.  I can provide further Biblical scriptures on that as well.  

As a Priesthood holder in the LDS faith, I can assure you the only way to heaven are through Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance in the blood of Jesus Christ done with a contrite spirit and a broken heart for our sin, baptism by immersion for the remission of sins, and laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.  I've explained all of this before.  If someone wants to say it's just grace that saves you, okay, well that Grace is what you get when you repent and are baptized to become born again.  Show me anywhere in scripture that it says once saved always saved, and it can't be done.  I do not boast by works, but by the redeeming blood of grace given to me by Jesus Christ when I repent.  I am not perfect, but I am made perfect by the blood of our Savior when I repent.  I've debated before that if Judas Iscariot was called of Christ to be an apostle, and he followed, he believed Jesus was the Son of the Living God.  Yet later he was called a son of perdition for betraying our Lord, yet I did see he tried to repent.  Those 30 shekels bought Potter's Field that many early Saints were buried in.  I have to leave that up between him and the Lord, because in essence he was told by Jesus Christ to betray him at the Last Supper.  I could go in depth regarding all scriptures, but until I can read it and seek God's advice if it's true or not.  I can't say if it's true or not.  

The Sons of God in Genesis 6 the Nephilim 

Gen. 6:2-4: “That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.…There were giants in the earth in those days; and also afterward, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”

The question of the mention of sons of God in Gen. 6 has always provoked much controversy. Did Angels actually co-habitat with humans, or were they the godly descendant's of Seth that took women from the ungodly line of Cain.

It has been the opinion of the majority of Rabbis that this event had actually occurred, and that the sons of God were indeed angels. Ancient rabbinical sources, and the Septuagint translators in the 3rd century before Christ all upheld this view. Josephus believed them to be angels. As did the early church. They agreed with this view almost to the end of the fourth century (Justin, Clement of Alexandria, Irenaeus, Tertullian, Cyprian, Athenagoras, Eusebius,  Philo, Theodoret, Jerome and Judeaus accepted this traditional view. While we should not let tradition be the final say in doctrinal matters we can learn from their statements why they considered this view). What changed this view is only speculated but it very well could have been from an anti supernatural out look. Augustine in his book City of God denied that the sons of God were angels. Some of the reformers John Calvin, and Martin Luther stated that the sons of God were Sethites and not angels, this continues to be part of their view point today.

Today there are many conservative scholars that hold to the view of actual angels. M. R. DeHaan, C. H. McIntosh, Dr. Arnold Fruchtenbaum,  F. Delitzsch, A. C. Gaebelein, A. W. Pink, Donald Grey Barnhouse, Henry Morris, Chuck Smith. While we don't interpret the Bible because of their view, it is good to read why they have come to these conclusions.

The Hebrew word for sons of God is Bene elohim. This term for angels occurs four times in the Old Testament in the Septuagint version (the Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures ) it's meaning is always used as angels of God, never of man. Most scholars believe this event describes a union between fallen angels who cohabitated with human females. This unnatural occurrence of combining two different species resulted in a offspring of what is called 'giants' in the King James and NKJ version and Nephilim in the New American Standard, and the English translation of the Jewish Masoretic text. 

We find in the scriptures that angels have the ability to appear as men even though they are spirit creatures. They are able to perform numerous human functions such as eating food as in their encounter with Abraham in Genesis 18.  They are able to perform other bodily functions as well, they can walk and talk among us in such a way that we may not be aware of them unless they reveal themselves, Heb. 13:2 “do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.”

The angels that came to warn Lot were mistaken for men and were sought out for homosexual use by the men of Sodom. Angels are also able to carry out God's plans on Earth by supplying food for man 1 kings 19:5-7 Mt. 4:11. They are able to execute God's judgment Rev. 7:1, 14:17, inflict punishment upon man Ez.9:1-8 Acts 12:23. There seems to be some change of substance that takes place on Earth that they can become physical, contrary to their original nature. So if they are able to possess a body of a man and can eat and carry out other functions then why not other abilities.

The term Son of God is never used of man in the Old Testament, only of angels. (Job.1:6,2:1, 38:7). The only exception is Nebuchadnezzar who said of the one who was in the fire with  Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego,  was like the Son of God” (Dan. 3:25). This was written in Aramaic and he was probably stating this from his Pagan perspective.

The term “sons of God” is used consistently for the angels in their unfallen estate, they are Gods sons because they were directly created by him.  When the title sons of God is used such as in the passages of Gen. 6, Job 1:6, 2:1, 38:7 it is exclusively used of angels who have access to God's throne. (this is a common Semitic expression )  We find that each time when the sons of God present themselves before God's throne (which is in heaven), Satan is with them. This shows that these sons are the fallen angels as God addresses Satan as their representative when they assemble. The vicinity of this meeting is in heaven, for Satan informs God that he has come to his assembly “from going to and fro in the earth.”

God questioning Job in his trial. Job 38:3-7 “Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me.” Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?   To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?”

Job 38:7 is clearly a reference to the angels united in harmony when they were created in reference to Gen.1:1. It is prior to the rebellion of the angels. Once again this term is used for angels and not man. When God created the heavens there was a time when all the angels were united and harmony existed in heaven. They were together in worship and service to God their creator this is taking place when the earth was first created before man is on it.There is also the Hebrew term of bene elim which is found in Psalm 29:1, 89:6 which means sons of the mighty, referring to man as a class of mighty beings (possibly a more general meaning to include the angels).

In the New Testament believers are also called Sons of God but this is by adoption not referring to nature ( Rom. 8:14-15; Gal 4:5; Eph. 1:5 ). The Greek word teknon means born ones, meaning children who have a likeness of Jesus' character from a spiritual  birth, by being adopted into Hids family therefore ie. they are sons [children of God.]

Jesus is also called the Son of God it is used in a singular sense, not in the plural as sons being one of many, he being the only begotten Son ( unique one of a kind, no other like him). In the scriptures son simply means one possessing the same nature of something. Examples such as son of Abraham or son of man means one possesses the same nature as the subject named. The Greek word for son which is used for Jesus is huios. It is limited exclusively for him, signifying he is the son by nature not by adoption. When the word “Sons of God” are used in Genesis 6 and in the Old Testament; in Hebrew it is Bene Elohim, showing they are a special creature related to Elohim (God), not related to man. They are not referred to as the “sons of Cain” or the “daughters of Seth?”

When we go back to the Gen.6 account there are other terms that need to be considered. The title “daughters of men.” Some consider the phrase “the daughters of man” to be the daughters of the Cainites only. But this phrase does not name a tribe but is a general and all encompassing statement, leaving no distinction of any moral or spiritual kind, it is a general term that includes both Cainite and Shethite females, it is referring to females of the human race (Hebrew benoth Adamdaughters of Adam) they were natural descendants. Also the term Nephilim (giants) in Gen.6:4 has an interesting history. Nephil means fallen one, (im at the end of any Hebrew word changes it to a plural, nephillim-fallen ones.) This does not mean giant, or monstrous in size but someone who possesses super human ability in strength and intelligence, not stature. This word is taken from its root word of nephal and nephel which means to fall, abortion or untimely. In 250 BC. the Rabbis that wrote the Septuagint which is a Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures. They changed the word Nephillim to giant, which is the word most translations currently have (giant in Greek gigentes implies earth born men of great stature Num.13:33 ). This was a significant change which has obscured the meaning even to today. While some contend they are still around in the time of Numbers the giants were not the same species of the Nephilim. Since the Nephils were not Giant in size but in strength, intelligence and ability. The only creatures that lived through the flood were 8 humans, no others. Some postulate that another group of fallen angels returned again , something which the bible never addresses and would need to if this occurred.

In Unger's Bible dictionary referring to the word for giants (Nephillim ) he writes; “the Nephillim are considered by many as demigods, the unnatural offspring of the daughters of men mortal women in cohabitation with” the sons of god” (angels). This utterly unnatural union, violating God's created order of being, was such a shocking abnormality as to necessitate the worldwide judgment of the flood.” (pg. 788)

Gaebelein interprets,” The designation 'Sons of God' is never applied in the Old Testament to believers,” whose sonship is “distinctly a New Testament revelation.” (A.C. Gaebelein, The Annotated Bible (Penteteuch). p. 29).

Can we find any justification for this view elsewhere in the Bible. Or is it as some claim the story of Greek mythology, where we have legends of titans, the gods of Mt. Olympus (Hercules, Achelles) coming down and intermarrying with humans having hybrids, half human and god. What we find is that this is not limited to only the Greek and Roman cultures, almost all ancient civilizations have legends and myths of visitations from the sky. Are these only folklore or are these legends distortions of what really occurred? We have the same for the flood accounts so it is very possible they are distortions of the true account.

There are several questions that are relevant to this event that need to be answered. First what justification is there to confine the daughters of men to be ungodly women specifically from the line of Cain. Does the bible ever classify people in this manner? If the Sons of God are descendants of Seth what are they doing presenting themselves before the Lord in heaven. Job 1:6, 2:1 “ there was a day when the Sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.” Also why would there be such unusual offspring from marriage if they were all of human kind.

From the scriptures we can find no justification for separating the race of mankind and making one line righteous the other not. We actually find evidence for the opposite. the scriptures always refer to someone being righteous by their obedience to God, by their spirituality, not by their physical posterity or what family they are in. Why would all the Sethite men be godly and all the women of Cain be ungodly. There is no indication that the line of Seth was godly or stayed godly. If so, why were they also destroyed in the flood along with everyone else. There is no mention of this type of distinction before or afterwards. It would make more sense that intermarriage would occur with also godly women and ungodly men as well. There is no indication to confine the term of “daughters of “ to ungodly women when it's a general classification for womankind. Another factor that seems to lead one away from the two classes of humans is Gen.6:2 stating “they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.” In the Hebrew language this describes a violent taking for themselves, not a good thing. Why would godly men resort to this kind of activity for marriage? In the next verse the Lord says his Spirit will not continue to abide with man and then pronounces the time when the future judgment will occur. All this after their marriage to other humans! When Israel did not obey the Lord from marrying outside their own nation there was never such a punishment. Whether this was a punishment incurred specifically for this event or it contributed to it seems to be somewhat obscured at times.

When the righteous marry the unrighteous they do not give birth to such unusual offspring, unless there is another element to this event. How else can one explain the offspring of this union which are described as “mighty men who were of old, men of renown” in Gen. 6:4. This is a description of their power and fame (their abilities intelligence, and strength far exceeded other men.)

If we look at the affect on humanity from this forbidden act it indicates that man became incredibly evil, where his thoughts were bent on evil all day long and he filled the earth with violence. (Gen. 6:5,13) with this afterwards as the affect from the unnatural offspring of humanity God decides to destroy the Earth. This was such a violation to gods created order that it altered mankind and necessitated a worldwide flood.

Many say how can a demon have sex with a human or have this ability to be physical. As we have already seen angels do change into physical form and can physically help people even though by nature they are invisible spirit beings. The Bible doesn’t tell us how this occurred although there are some other factors to consider. A demon can inhabit a person and give them unusual strength and powers beyond any normal human ability. They can even give someone psychic abilities. So it is possible that instead of a creature becoming visible and physical to have sex we have a case of demon possession that affected their offspring's. I’m not saying this is how it occurred but it can be acceptable explanation.

Without the fact of their being two different species angelic and human co- mingling there can be no plausible explanation of God's severe judgment. Which came upon both mankind by the flood and the angels that are now bound in chains. (2 Pt. 2:4-5; Jude 6-7)

What purpose would there be for an angelic assault of this nature? After the fall of Adam and Eve God pronounced judgment on them and the Earth. He also gave a promise that a messiah would come and crush the head of Satan Gen.3:15. What we see consistently throughout the scriptures is a satanic attack to corrupt the line of the messiah. This was his first and probably greatest attempt to pollute the line (gene pool), stopping the seed from appearing. By introducing something foreign to the human race, man would eventually become a hybrid, part human and angel, something God never intended. This would have been disastrous because Christ would then not be able to represent man who was made in the image of God. It would be for this reason god took such a drastic measure to rectify this event.

We should take notice that while this attacked the families of mankind, Noah was undefiled by this activity. Gen. 6:9 “This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.” He was perfect meaning without spot or blemish, healthy his family was not affected by the invasion to defile the “gene pool'“ of mankind.

With all this information of the antediluvian world in the Old Testament can we find any parallel accounts in the New Testament? Yes we can. We can find even greater detail on these particular angels and how and why they were judged. Without the Gen.6 account referring to angelic beings we are left empty handed on why these particular angels are bound until the end of time.

2 Pt.2:4-5: “For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to Tartarus, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.”

“The angels that sinned” some interpret as the rebellion in heaven. This could not mean Satans rebellion, because we would have no demonic angels against mankind today if they were all incarcerated. The question is, how did they sin?  It is Judes explanation that gives light to what Peter is speaking about.

Jude 6-7: “And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.  Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, andgoing after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.”

Both of these events are described as pre-flood. Both Peter and Jude place these events between false prophets and Sodom and Gomorrah. Both accounts are in the context of sin and fornication of these cities. (going after a different kind of flesh then there own type Rom. 1:26,27.) Jude draws a comparison with the sin of Sodom and the angels, Both departed from their own nature to go after unnatural desires. Because of this rebellion they are confined in chains in Tartarus. This is a location in Hell specifically for the angels. these angels were involved in such an extraordinary sin that they needed incarceration until judgment day.

In the Scripture we have recorded two apostasy's of angels. The first occurred in heaven with the rebellion of Lucifer the chief cherubim who had one third of the good angels follow his lead (Ezek. 28:14-16) and were confirmed in their fallen state. The second apostasy is mentioned in 2nd Pt. and Jude in which they abandoned their assigned place of residence to invade another that was off limits to them. the author Jude writes of these angels who sinned and then parallels their sin with sexual immorality.

This incarceration in chains until judgment day gives us further insight of who these angels are. If the sin mentioned in 2nd Pt. were the original fall of the angels which occurred in heaven, then all the evil angels would be in chains, not just some. This would mean that Satan and all the angels would be bound and would not be active today. Obviously this is not correct so the only explanation is a separate event which prompted the Lord to keep them apart from us never to repeat this heinous act again. It seems these particular angelic beings were more inclined to evil than the others that they left their assigned place in the heavens to defile the whole human race. So they could have been a certain class of angels as there are numerous different creatures described in heaven. The Apostle Peter refers to the spirits in prison more than once. In 1 Pt. 3:19-20 he states that after Christ died he went and “preached to the spirits in prison, who formerly were disobedient, when once the divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah.” this preaching was not the good news but to proclaim, announce their inevitable judgment, again we find the time of this being pre-flood.

In summary we see from numerous parallel scriptures that this marriage of Gen. 6 was disastrous for humanity. That the offspring of this union lead mankind into activities that are promoted by Demons. Their offspring were called the fallen ones, super human in strength and intelligence that became world renown. that the legends of the Gods in mythology probably are a distortion of a true event just as they have distortions of the flood. That the Lord intervened with a cataclysm in which only eight people were saved. There is no line of Sethites to found afterward. That this behavior is consistent of the fallen angels trying to pollute the line of the messiah. That the word Sons of God is used exclusively for angels in the Old Testament, not man. The weight of the evidence with the information we have does seem to conclude that the Sons of God are indeed the fallen angels.