Week 1: Gilmer Buckeyes @ Atlanta Rabbits - 8/31

H3llR4z0r

Gilmer Buckeyes @ Atlanta Rabbits  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start the season undefeated?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

On 8/9/2018 at 9:05 AM, Sportsguru02 said:

I just don’t understand how can anyone from Marshall talk about ethics and having class or manners 🤷🏾‍♂️

Who said I was from Marshall?  I'm pulling for them but not because I live there or for that case have ever lived there.  I've got some ties to the team.  As far as ethics and class or manners, I agree with you, they are almost as bad as Gilmer.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, Hlion said:

Really I mean y'all trash talk the best of them during

0-10 . Heck even I can't compete with that kinda of trolling

Troll, were not trolls we are very loyal to our (Eagles) whether they are 0-10

or 16-0 We are there we don't jump ship because they are losing

like some do.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:35 PM, BigBoyRabbit03 said:

Gunna have to watch that soon. Don’t think I’ve seen a better finish at any level. A dive up the middle with 9 seconds left and no timeouts if I remember correctly .

HB draw, putting the ball in the hands of the best athlete on the field. That's what you do when it comes down to the nitty gritty. Put the ball in the hands of your best athlete, and let him show you. 

Atlanta looked pretty good on both sides of the ball.

In all, Atlanta outscored NL varsity 4-0. Live qtr Atlanta won 6-0, but Atlanta only ran starting O for 1 drive, which they scored with ease. 

Atlanta's problem right now is inexperience at wideout, in my opinion. Wideouts were stopping on routes to turn around and look at the QB, and he was throwing to hit them in stride. If they can learn to look over their shoulder, and not stop their routes, they can be dangerous. 

Atlanta ran a very basic offense and moved the ball really well. There's a lot of stuff Atlanta didn't even throw into the mix that they will surely be doing by week 1. 

Defense has some decent size to it. Bigger than last year, for sure. They'll have to learn quick though, as they had a bit of trouble with a big back NL had. Overall, they didn't give up any scores, but NL can't throw the ball either, to say the least. NL had some good size on the O-line though, that's for sure. 

Oh, and I had no idea how big #22 has gotten till I saw him in person. He's going to be a LOAD

• Like 1

after watching 2 scrimmages, I still don't know what to think of Gilmer.

Defense certainly looks better than last year.  However, last year's defense really struggled. So I don't know if better equates to good.  Game play will tell.

Offensively, the key is the QB.  O line looks good.  Webb will be a beast at RB.  And they do (always will) have kids who can play at receiver positions.  But can the QB provide any type of running threat?  Will the QB be able to be accurate enough?  Gilmer relies on its passing game to spread the field and move the chains.  

I don't know which QB should start yet, but I think the coaches have to make a decision soon. It's the only way the starter can get the reps they need.

As far as the game, I will have to go with Gilmer.  They are young (a lot of sophomores), but it's the first game of the season.  Gilmer will probably have a depth advantage, and the pace, preparation, and heat will all take its toll.

5 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

I picked Atl in this one...but Im starting to get cold feet. Might have to change my pick.................

What was you take away besides the sunburn...Hennason had a blast looking West...I started to feel sorry for 'ya.

2 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

North Lamar 

2 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Who did Atlanta play in 2nd scrimmage & how did they look?

2 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Who did Atlanta play in 2nd scrimmage & how did they look?

They played MT.pleasant. , they started off a little shaky on defense but they tightened the screws as the night went on, i think in the timed part it was 28-14 atl, and in live  qtr is was 7-0 atl,  starting running back and quaterback  only saw limited action  , atlantas offense will be good,  if the defense can figure out a few things  they should be a pretty salty bunch, but usually atlanta  takes 4 or 5 games before the lights click on , but we will see i expect a high scoring affair friday nite 

22 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

This game want be close 

I'm having trouble deciphering this. I know that you're not saying that it "won't" be close, especially after y'all just barely slipped away last year. I feel like you're saying you "want" it to be close. Please enlighten. 

• LOL! 1

This should be a fantastic game, and a good test for both. Atlanta's speed at RB should challenge that Buckeye defense that by all accounts is much improved. Likewise for the Rabbits. I think Gilmer will run quite a bit more in this game than they would normally, to break in the new QB. The defense needs to come up with some stops so as to not put too much pressure on the QB. As always, turnovers will play a big role in this one....could come down to who has the ball last. I say....

Gilmer 35

Atlanta 22

1 hour ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm having trouble deciphering this. I know that you're not saying that it "won't" be close, especially after y'all just barely slipped away last year. I feel like you're saying you "want" it to be close. Please enlighten. 

Exactly what I mean last yr we just wasn’t up for the game at all but to tell u the truth y’all are a one headed monster and that’s just my opinion I might be wrong but this will be a blowout 

7 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Exactly what I mean last yr we just wasn’t up for the game at all but to tell u the truth y’all are a one headed monster and that’s just my opinion I might be wrong but this will be a blowout 

That one head is definitely a monster, but there are several athletes on the field that made a huge impact last year. QB and RB both have had extremely limited reps in scrimmages, as well as the starting wideouts. Friday we will finally get to see what a read option will look like, or a constant dose of #22.

13 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

That one head is definitely a monster, but there are several athletes on the field that made a huge impact last year. QB and RB both have had extremely limited reps in scrimmages, as well as the starting wideouts. Friday we will finally get to see what a read option will look like, or a constant dose of #22.

Hey anything to get y’all hype lol but I’m sorry it will be the same outcome we will give you guys ur yearly L 

26 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Gilmer has a D? Since when?

Ha! Touché. I think the last year they had a good defense was 2014, but everything about that team was good. The Buckeye D hasn't always been "bad", just overshadowed by the offense I think. 2017 was crazy, the defense defiantly stood out as being "not good". Put way to much pressure on the Offense. They have some new bodies, and some of those kids from the much anticipated Freshman class from last year are starting to show up on Varsity. Time will tell of course, but I'm betting this years defense will be much improved over last year. That's not saying much, but with the talent that is there, it couldn't be worse, could it?