Week 1: Gilmer Buckeyes @ Atlanta Rabbits - 8/31

H3llR4z0r

Gilmer Buckeyes @ Atlanta Rabbits  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start the season undefeated?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 12:30 AM

55 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Haha how do we beat y’all every yr if we haven’t ever had a defense heck even last yr our defense played better than y’all lol

Depth. And last year Atlanta had more total offense than Gilmer did. They had that desperation pick 6 at the end of the game. That was the highlight of the Buckeye defense. King alone had 300+ yards against you guys, but he cramped up on our last drive. We only had 1 real premier back. 

But, that's okay. King is back. Bigger, faster, stronger than ever, and so are 8 other kids on offense. Our problem will be at wideout. If those kids can run their routes, I think we will win undoubtedly. If they don't, this game will be tough. 

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Ha! Touché. I think the last year they had a good defense was 2014, but everything about that team was good. The Buckeye D hasn't always been "bad", just overshadowed by the offense I think. 2017 was crazy, the defense defiantly stood out as being "not good". Put way to much pressure on the Offense. They have some new bodies, and some of those kids from the much anticipated Freshman class from last year are starting to show up on Varsity. Time will tell of course, but I'm betting this years defense will be much improved over last year. That's not saying much, but with the talent that is there, it couldn't be worse, could it?

Atlanta's defense will have to grow up quickly as well. 2 inexperienced defenses will face off for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

27 yea right u can’t be serious you gotta stay out the heat man 

Every noddy got to have a bad day.  Sides, us folk over this way tired of getting beat down by a bigger school that recruits.   Hehe.  Busts they nuts wabbits.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

So y’all saying what defense heck y’all have only scored 30 points once lol

Yet somehow we keep getting closer... And closer... Gilmer won't win them all from now on, I can assure you. This will be the best matchup we've seen in a long time, talent wise. Depth may still be an issue, but we will find out. 

13 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

I think depth will be the issue.  This is an August football game in Texas.  97 at kickoff.  That heat will play a factor.  I think Atlanta will be a beast in 3A.  But it's hard to play up, especially in the heat.

By "playing up" do you mean being excited and hyped, or do you mean because Atlanta is 3A it's hard in the heat to get up for a 4A school?

It can't be the later because the Rabbits have a 4A mindset, having been in 4A many years, and it can't be about getting hyped, because it is Gilmer. Everyone gets hyped about playing the Buckeyes, especially if they have a long standing rivalry with them.

Heat might definitely be an issue, but it will be an issue for both teams.

12 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Atlanta = Experienced and talented offense

Gilmer = Experienced and talented defense

Atlanta = Inexperienced defense

Gilmer = Inexperienced offense

All this tells me this game is a toss up. May come down to special teams and kicking. Who has the better kicker?

I'm gonna hazard a guess that the team that turns the ball over the most, will play from behind for most of the game and it will take till the latter mins of the fourth quarter for Gilmer to come back and win it in the last min or so. Lol