Pleasant Grove Hawks vs Paris Wildcats @Paris

dhoop02

Lets not forget that the Sophmore class are now juniors. This is still the same class that were very impressive in 7th and 8th grade. That's what made last years run so special.

PG picked up some transfers that I have been watching that look really nice. A LB and a DB/WR from New Boston. The backs are not the versatile backs like TJ and Martin but they are blistering fast, they posted better 40 times than both backs from last year. I don't see a lot of power from them due to their size but they can get gone in a hurry if they set the edge. The passing game will actually be improved from last year. PG will certainly be in the mix.

• Like 1

Paris defense looked good vs. Henderson but not vs. Denison.  Denison won the live half, 14-10, and outgained Paris by 2-1 margin in yards.  Jackets used an up-tempo offense and rammed the ball down the Cats' No. 1 defense throat (sounds a lot like PG, doesn't it?).  I expect Paris to rebound this week now that it's official.  Cats talk about making the leap to elite status statewide.  It's early, but a game like this could be a proving ground for both schools: for PG, proving that last year wasn't a one-year fluke ... for Paris, proving that they belong with the big boys. 

The Hawks have stepped up the passing attack this year. From the scrimmage against Hallsville I believe all but 1 touchdown were receiving TD's. Appears they are letting Harmon go to the air more. I certainly agree the loss of line is evident. Honestly this game is a toss up. Ill take a close Win by PG.

Question 

how can a HS team win a scrimmage 42-14 when they don't keep score or kick PAT's? ...plus every teams record is 0-0 at this point

this should be a good game for both teams..heard that paris has looked good in their two scrimmages and the hawks have as well...

PG'offense vs Paris def should be a matchup to watch, Richardson & paris DL vs OL of Hawks...hawks gonna have trouble early in season with qb/rb's when they break contain, defense not as athletic as last year, however, Hawk offense may wind up being better than last season

Team that plays clean (fumbles, kick game mistakes, penalties) will win... 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Bock said:

Question 

how can a HS team win a scrimmage 42-14 when they don't keep score or kick PAT's? ...plus every teams record is 0-0 at this point

this should be a good game for both teams..heard that paris has looked good in their two scrimmages and the hawks have as well...

PG'offense vs Paris def should be a matchup to watch, Richardson & paris DL vs OL of Hawks...hawks gonna have trouble early in season with qb/rb's when they break contain, defense not as athletic as last year, however, Hawk offense may wind up being better than last season

Team that plays clean (fumbles, kick game mistakes, penalties) will win... 

No way PG offense will be better than last season. Not with the depth they had. 

But I expect them to beat Paris by 2 TD

A scrimmage is not Won or lost. We all know that but it does give a chance to evaluate a team. PG is better than Hallsville that was clear. What was really interesting with PG is that they threw the ball like crazy. It was also interesting that Hallsville gained some good chunks up the middle on PG. I was not impressed with Hallsville at all. Paris is definitely a much better team. This Friday will tell much more about the Hawks than any of the scrimmages.

• Like 2

Yeah the running game Was not that dominant run game we have seen. That being said there were some really tough yards gained by Garrett, Wiggins, and Martin. Also a small back #20 showed some impressive speed. Also Landon Jackson at tight end!! That’s going to be a nightmare for defenses. PG   Will still have a potent run game.  Tyler Kelly has moved to safety. Still not sure about # 16 at Linebacker. He was not getting off blockers that well.

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Not sure they will be able to run at will like last year with the line they have. 

Paris is said to have a pretty solid Defense so Friday will help answer the OL question. Another thing is talking to Gibson, he keeps referring this year to a year like 2016. Starting 1-6 and going 3 rounds deep in the playoffs. Definitely going to be a challenge for the Hawks but the pieces are still pretty good. Just got to put them together.