Daingerfield vs Gunter Aug 31 2018 @ Gunter

tigernationfan

Daingerfield or Gunter  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who you with

There's definitely a lot of questions this year,but what I don't question is the amount of athletes we have.om telling you now,if the coaches can get these kids motivated and disciplined,tge sky is the limit fir these young kids coming up.so by having faith that those things will happen,I say The true blue tigers win this one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fblife13 said:

There's definitely a lot of questions this year,but what I don't question is the amount of athletes we have.om telling you now,if the coaches can get these kids motivated and disciplined,tge sky is the limit fir these young kids coming up.so by having faith that those things will happen,I say The true blue tigers win this one.

You remembered your password this year lol

2 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

I think you misunderstood what he was saying. He was saying we need to stack the box to stop their run game. We played 6 dbs against them the entire 2nd half last year and they blew the doors off of us in the last 24 min.

Glad you got rid of the DC that did that game plan........................................Oh wait.

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, Morriscty said:

Glad got rid of the DC that did that game plan........................................Oh wait.

He actually did a great job last year for the most part.it was our offense that made our defense look bad at times for having to be on the field most of the game.when we get our offense rolling this year our defense will shine.nelson is going to do us a good job.i know during these workouts him,and the other coaches got these kids working hard.

DF will not be able to handle Gunter at this point in the season. There is no way they can be ready for this game, not enough time to make the changes on the offensive side of the ball. Gunter will be too good at what they do for DF to stop them. It might be a different story if this game was week 4 or 5, but week 1, Gunter has a clear advantage.

1 minute ago, playactionpass39 said:

DF will not be able to handle Gunter at this point in the season. There is no way they can be ready for this game, not enough time to make the changes on the offensive side of the ball. Gunter will be too good at what they do for DF to stop them. It might be a different story if this game was week 4 or 5, but week 1, Gunter has a clear advantage.

I understand where you are coming from,with all the coaching changes and all that for us.gunter is already set in there game plan and will not have any mishaps.but like I said,if are coaches get these kids discliplined on the field and execute with no confusion due to all the new changes it should be very competitive.i don't think people realize how many athletes we have.they are young but we have something special brewing.i think people will be pleasantly surprised of the outcome this year.and if anything playing Gunter will help this young team win or lose.tgen we backdoor it against Tatum.so we should be ready by district for waskom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

I though defense was DF's strong point in that game last year.

Newton didn't invent some special new defense capable of stopping Gunter.  Similar to other opponents, with different personnel.  Newton had the hosses.

That's what I meant by Daingerfield is not Newton ... I don't believe Daingerfield has the hosses Newton has ....

Edited by KirtFalcon

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

I though defense was DF's strong point in that game last year.

Newton didn't invent some special new defense capable of stopping Gunter.  Similar to other opponents, with different personnel.  Newton had the hosses.

I agree.nelson did a good job with our d 

1 minute ago, Fblife13 said:

I understand where you are coming from,with all the coaching changes and all that for us.gunter is already set in there game plan and will not have any mishaps.but like I said,if are coaches get these kids discliplined on the field and execute with no confusion due to all the new changes it should be very competitive.i don't think people realize how many athletes we have.they are young but we have something special brewing.i think people will be pleasantly surprised of the outcome this year.and if anything playing Gunter will help this young team win or lose.tgen we backdoor it against Tatum.so we should be ready by district for waskom.

I know how much talent you have, but like you said you will be young and inexperienced and add the fact that there will be a major change in philosophy on Offense is a recipe for early season disaster. I have no doubt you will ready for Waskom, but Gunter is a different animal in week 1.

4 minutes ago, Fblife13 said:

👀

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Nelson was removed from defensive play calling duties early in the season, that is what led to the backstabbing to begin with. That was not Nelson's defense.

You're exactly right on this subject. Playing good teams in preseason is a good thing in my eyes. Always has worked out for us. 

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

No argument there except we're running the same offensive scheme with a lil more down field threat. We'll be fiNE come district time. That's when it starts to count anyways. I embrace the challenge. I can bet you 1 thing.... The Blue Tigers will win come week 1 ;)

1 minute ago, Nick2011 said:

Newton is on a different level for sure. I would have like to see them play against Brock or Rockdale in the State Championship last year! 

Brock is well disciplined. Kinda like Gunter is to an extent. We just have to play mistake free ball to be able to be in the game with them.

The Tigers should have been ahead at half in last year's game.  Gunter made a habit of destroying the apponents in the second half.   Same with us.  They flat ars whipped us in that second half. Adjustments.  They made some. We didn't.   We have to adjust and play a whole game.  Do that and the Tigers could surprise us all.   Go Tigers.