Daingerfield vs Gunter Aug 31 2018 @ Gunter

tigernationfan

Daingerfield or Gunter  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Who you with

28 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Going to be back and forth for sure.

DF will struggle with the strength and power of Gunter.

Gunter will struggle with the speed of DF.

I say that experience and coaching are the difference in this one and Gunter wins on both of those.

did i miss something, ?? are the coaches gonna be the ones running or passing the ball ?? 

I think the mis-direction stuff and veer gunter runs will off set their so called "lack of speed",  and cause daingerfield problems.  Jantz and Clopton only  need  a step on anyone and they can take it to the house. Gunter at home big. Would be a big win for either program. 

Edited by wingtveer

15 hours ago, wingtveer said:

I'm ready for a good ol Pax analysis of how this game might unfold. Where are you Pax ?  It's getting close to kickoff. 

It's the first game, so we are all zeros right now.  I don't start doing the numbers until there are 4 or 5 games to go by, and even then I usually don't start posting them on Smoaky until the playoffs because there isn't a lot of interest in district 5 games!  Clean slate for both teams, and I have no reason not to expect a good game.  Good luck to both teams on their season.  They could only meet again this year in the last game of the season.

4 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Dude, if you don't think coaching at the High School lever is important then you are...... well, you are from Morris County.

Don't blame us all from MC due to 1 lol.... Coaching in HIGH school is a very big deal. They definitely have the proven coach and ours is new. It may be a close game. It may be a blowout. Noone will know till Friday night. That's why they play the game.

Gunter will be too much. They are a very disciplined team. I read where several people have quoted them to have lack of speed and lack of athletes compared to Dangerfield, but that is an untrue statement. Gunter's number 4 and 5 will be just as athletic as any Dangerfield player and i would bet those two are better all around players than anyone they field. Those two kids are just as good as anyone at this level, they just don't have the "size" to be receiving division 1 offers like other kids do. If you watch those two kids film and summer 7 on 7 highlights, then you would agree. Dangerfield will have a lot of athletes but Gunter has not played for the state championship two years and running for no reason. I predict them to be back for a 3rd year in a row, which is impressive, and then lose to Newton again.

• Stinks 2

23 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Dude, if you don't think coaching at the High School level is important then you are...... well, you are from Morris County.

you can have the best coach in the league but if the players dont do as asked then what..and dont say it doesnt happen cause it does, if the players dont perform to standards it still turns out to be a bad day for the best coach.. Morris County is a great place to reside btw. after friday night you might consider real estate in Morris county, so be careful when you bash the Morris 

2 hours ago, BiggieSmalls said:

Gunter will be too much. They are a very disciplined team. I read where several people have quoted them to have lack of speed and lack of athletes compared to Dangerfield, but that is an untrue statement. Gunter's number 4 and 5 will be just as athletic as any Dangerfield player and i would bet those two are better all around players than anyone they field. Those two kids are just as good as anyone at this level, they just don't have the "size" to be receiving division 1 offers like other kids do. If you watch those two kids film and summer 7 on 7 highlights, then you would agree. Dangerfield will have a lot of athletes but Gunter has not played for the state championship two years and running for no reason. I predict them to be back for a 3rd year in a row, which is impressive, and then lose to Newton again.

Believe me if I can sit up in the stands and look at the lineup and tell you exactly what play they are going to run.  They will not make it back to State unless they fix their tells on offense and if you go back and watch the Newton game you will see it too, Newton had no problem picking up on it, and the Daingerfield coaches did a good job for a while last year, but were unable to maintain the discipline and make the adjustments within the second half to stop them.  Other teams will do the same things on defense that Newton did and even though they do not have the athletes that Newton did and does they will make stops.  Number 4 and 5 are truly exceptional athletes, but they will not be the best athletes on the field I do not believe.  One thing that I did see last year is that they can also loose their cool on the field if tested, and if the Daingerfield coaches can finally create some discipline in this team then they will be very tough to beat, but if they get behind and continue the same old garbage then it will be the same as last year.  I hope it is a good game, however having watched Daingerfield football for many years they seem to always have a problem getting going in the first game of the season and the drive is going to be very difficult to over come, but they will play hard and they will have many exceptional athletes at the skill positions, hopefully they have added a few more plays this year, because if they still only have the three they had last year it will be a long night.  Good Luck to both teams in this game and this season.

16 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

Believe me if I can sit up in the stands and look at the lineup and tell you exactly what play they are going to run.  They will not make it back to State unless they fix their tells on offense and if you go back and watch the Newton game you will see it too, Newton had no problem picking up on it, and the Daingerfield coaches did a good job for a while last year, but were unable to maintain the discipline and make the adjustments within the second half to stop them.  Other teams will do the same things on defense that Newton did and even though they do not have the athletes that Newton did and does they will make stops.  Number 4 and 5 are truly exceptional athletes, but they will not be the best athletes on the field I do not believe.  One thing that I did see last year is that they can also loose their cool on the field if tested, and if the Daingerfield coaches can finally create some discipline in this team then they will be very tough to beat, but if they get behind and continue the same old garbage then it will be the same as last year.  I hope it is a good game, however having watched Daingerfield football for many years they seem to always have a problem getting going in the first game of the season and the drive is going to be very difficult to over come, but they will play hard and they will have many exceptional athletes at the skill positions, hopefully they have added a few more plays this year, because if they still only have the three they had last year it will be a long night.  Good Luck to both teams in this game and this season.

Preach brother!!!!